It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Anyone have petplan insurance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Anyone have petplan insurance? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Does anyone have petplan insurance? Ive been soing some research and out of all of the insurances so far i think i like that one the most.. I just kind of want some info if you had any good or bad experiences with them.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:37 am

From what I have read on here Pet Plan is a good Insurance. I just signed Nanook up yesterday. 90%, $200 deductible for $26 a month on the Bronze plan.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:40 am

Is that deductible per year or per incident? I'm just starting to research this too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:53 am

Im pretty sure its per year.. Now i need to double check... Its crazy how the area you live in changes the monthly rate so much.. I can get koda insured for 100% and 200 deduct for 26
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:02 pm

14. Can you choose a deductible? Can you change the deductible from year to year? Is the deductible annual or is it applied to each medical incident?
Yes, pet parents can choose a deductible of $50, $100 or $200. The deductible can be changed at renewal each year, if desired. At the time of claim, a deductible is applied per condition, per policy year.
(This was on petplan site)

Can anyone explain this more.. I never paid for my own insurance
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Yes, I do believe that is per year. I wanted to do 100%..I think it quoted me $36 a month for 100%...normally that wouldn't be an issue but during the summer I only work 1 day a week so the budget is tight.
You can choice which deductible and % you want.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

At the time of claim, a deductible is applied per condition, per policy year.

Well that makes it sound like it is per incident (or condition), doesn't it??

Either way, I am still happy with it. When my lab would get hurt it would never cost less then $900 every time we went in. Then when he got cancer..oh, it was a lot and we had to end up putting him to sleep anyway Sad
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:48 pm

To me it sounds like per illness. So, if you pup gets cancel, that would be one condition, but you wouldn't have to pay the deductible every time you took him/her in for a treatment or surgery. But if your pup gets cancer and then bloat, you would have to pay $200 each time.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:36 pm

I use trupanion and I love it! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Here's a chart that shows the comparisons:
http://www.doggiehealthinsurance.com/dog-insurance-plan-comparisons/
The limits are a little dated on here vs what Petplan has now, but it's close.

We have Healthy Paws and love it! $35/month for Chili, $500 deductible, 90% coverage - paid out about $11k so far in the past 6 months.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Wow! 11k? that's amazing!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:35 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Here's a chart that shows the comparisons:
http://www.doggiehealthinsurance.com/dog-insurance-plan-comparisons/
The limits are a little dated on here vs what Petplan has now, but it's close.

We have Healthy Paws and love it! $35/month for Chili, $500 deductible, 90% coverage - paid out about $11k so far in the past 6 months.

Is it 500 per year or per case?
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Here is from pet plan

To provide you with the best-value premium, Petplan uses a per-condition deductible. This means your selected deductible will be subtracted from your reimbursement amount for each separate condition, per policy year. If you file multiple claims for the same condition (e.g. three (3) claims for treatment related to one foreign body ingestion), your deductible will only be applied once, providing all treatment took place within one policy year. If you file claims for multiple unrelated conditions (e.g. one (1) ear infection claim and one (1) foreign body ingestion), your deductible will be applied for each claim. Both your annual limits and your selected deductible will be reset at renewal.

So it is per condition, not per year
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Are their insurqnces that do per year
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Presently with Pet Plan, and after what Biko has had to endure this year I can't praise Pet Plan enough.

Diagnosed with kidney failure/disease in January and told not to throw a truck load of money at him by the PREVIOUS vet. If it wasn't for Pet Plan, I probably would have listened to that bit of morbid advice.

Instead I found a new vet that works with holistic and traditional Chinese medicine and proceeded to throw a truck load of money on Biko's medical bills. I paid the initial $200 (bronze plan), Biko has been back and forth to the vets numerous times for follow up treatments. If the condition (incident) is terminal/continual you pay the deductible just the one time. Their claim forms are ever so simple to file, your choice postal, fax, or email. I've done all three w/o any hassle. They even pay on follow up meds which Biko will be on for life. You have 90 days from date of vet visit to file so if you wish you can save up a couple months worth of receipts and then file if you want to.

So I'll stop this babbling an all I can say is I am so thankful for Pet Plan, as all I've paid is the initial $200 and 20% of his $2000+ vet services thus far. For those that don't know who Biko is he's slightly under 4 years of age not some old codger of a pooch where this stuff would normally happen. (I love the old codgers also) Which goes to show a serious illness or accident can happen at ANY TIME, and ANY AGE so best be prepared.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I paid a little under $300 for the year for Selena...Bronze plan w/ $8,000 coverage, 90% reimbursement and a $200 deductible. For instance Selena ended up at the vet a week and half ago for vomiting/diarrhea and had to have an IV for dehydration..my poor pup...however, the total bill was $192 and since my deductible is $200 there was no point in filing the claim. If the bill was $300 then I would have and paid my $200 deductible and at least got my 90%, $90 back.

So basically if you do the $200 deductible to keep your monthly payment lower, it makes it pointless to file any vet bills under $200.

As far as the deductible...you only pay it per accident/illness per year. So no claims = no paid deductible that year or if you file 4 clams within the year for all "allergies" you only have to pay your deductible once! I hope I sort of helped! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have petplan insurance?   Anyone have petplan insurance? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have petplan insurance?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Medical Issues-