It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

Weigh in... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:54 pm

cmanding wrote:
Storm is 69.5 lbs and Dr. M is still amazed at his transformation, as am I.
Ginger holds steady at 50.5 lbs.

...I STILL CANNOT believe Storm was 140 lbs (no lie!) in August 2010!!!

Wow, that is amazing. Kudos to you!

I can't begin to imagine the change in overall health and energy levels as a result of losing 50% of your body weight.

Do you have any before and after pics for comparison?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 am

Storm at 112+ lbs in June 2011
Weigh in... - Page 20 2011-010

When he was in foster care sometime early in 2011
Weigh in... - Page 20 2010-210

His backside when we just adopted him in April 2011
Weigh in... - Page 20 2011-011

Storm at 75 lbs in May 2012
Weigh in... - Page 20 37537911

And in my avatar at 70 lbs taken about a month ago
Weigh in... - Page 20 Me_and12

And in my signature below, taken late this past summer.

Newborn
Newborn
Buddywoof

Male Join date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:54 am

Wow... that was one FAT husky.... lol.. good job on slimming him down...
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Updated 08/11/2012
Just got on the scales and measured differentials.
Zero - 29.5 lbs @ 1yr 11mth 2weeks
Stig - 54.5 lbs, 22 inches @ 4 mths 4 weeks

Last edited by tr3mor on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Shocked How did storm get so big, that's like a person being morbidly obese, you did an amazing job getting the weight of storm, some people do not realize over feeding is just as harmful as underfeeding.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Well thunder gained about 10 pounds since being neutered last month, he is 45 pounds and 6 months old(By no means fat just big) I wonder how big he will be teehee.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:40 am

Ashleymarie9807 wrote:
Shocked How did storm get so big, that's like a person being morbidly obese, you did an amazing job getting the weight of storm, some people do not realize over feeding is just as harmful as underfeeding.

The story I got was that the original owners ended up putting him in a kennel too small for him and left him with a bag of food, with no exercise, basically neglecting him. I'm surprised that he is a very good husky when we got him after being neglected for I don't know how long, but for a husky to put on that much weight, I would think it was for quite some time.

I have full vet records, and he was already at least 100 lbs by the time he was 2 years old (or was it a year old). That would mean he was at least 30 lbs overweight at that time. He went into rescue at 140 lbs, lost about 25 lbs in foster care, and then came to us at about 115 lbs and hypothyroid. It took just about 9 months to get him down to 73 lbs. and completely off thyroid meds. Over this past summer, he dropped another 5 lbs somehow, which is still ok, but our vet would like to see him no less than 70 lbs.

Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:17 am

Oh so the thyroid was directly related to his poor diet, he is lucky he did not end up diabetic or with liver damage, people really don't realize how harmful it is, I feel so bad every time i see a overweight dog or cat and the owners think it is "Cute". If you would not want to be that big don't allow your animal to be. He is BEAUTIFUL though.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 am

Wow Storm you look good. Claudia you did wonderful slimming him down to a good weight he is looking really good.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 am

Ashleymarie9807 wrote:
Oh so the thyroid was directly related to his poor diet, he is lucky he did not end up diabetic or with liver damage, people really don't realize how harmful it is, I feel so bad every time i see a overweight dog or cat and the owners think it is "Cute". If you would not want to be that big don't allow your animal to be. He is BEAUTIFUL though.

He currently is borderline so we have to watch his weight. I don't think because he was hypothyroid, he was overweight because his thyroid check is within normal range now, but more on the high side so his weight has to be in check. I am assuming because his previous owner let him to become morbidly obese, his thyroid level shot up. So more like him being overweight contributed to his thyroid, not because of his thyroid he was overweight. Neglect caused him to become overweight.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:18 am

ljelgin wrote:
Wow Storm you look good. Claudia you did wonderful slimming him down to a good weight he is looking really good.

Thank you! It was a long journey for Storm, and we still monitor his weight and food intake very carefully, but he is much happier and healthier and we hope to have him around for a long time!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Ashleymarie9807 wrote:
he is lucky he did not end up diabetic or with liver damage, people really don't realize how harmful it is, I feel so bad every time i see a overweight dog or cat and the owners think it is "Cute".

Ditto on this. My mother in law is one of those people who thinks fat is cute and that feeding more than a dog needs is a sign of love. Weigh in... - Page 20 1625187496 Her vet and myself have been advising her to stop over feeding for years. And she comments on how skinny and starving my dogs are who are all actually at perfect weights. All 4 of her dogs are huge rolly pollies with health problems caused directly by their obesity including diabetes, heart, lung, and liver failure. And then she complains to high heaven about their poor health and mounting vet bills which she struggles to afford...all of which could have been so easily prevented. No If hers or Storm's plight can help prevent others from over feeding then this post will have been worth something.

Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Claudia that's what I meant, they let him get so big his thyroid got thrown out of whack. My husbands grandparents had a cat that they let get huge(Like 30 pound cat and stayed that way for 14 years) an in turn he developed diabetes which was untreated/checked which lead to liver damage and eventually death(Cat lived to be 16 though)
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Blaze dropped 2 more pounds, down to 76.5lbs. That is 10lbs since he started thyroid meds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Both are 3 years, 10 months old
Demon: 24 inches tall and 60 pounds

Dakota: 21 inches tall and 42 pounds.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Dakota is gaining on Sierra! she was 45.5 today.

great news on blaze as way!

Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Kale's overweight! Lol clocked in at 63.8 yesterday at the vet. Once it gets cooler and we get more active it will melt off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 am

Karli weighed in at 13.1lbs today.

There was a husky girl at the vet today that was wider than she was tall. It was so sad to see. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Bodhi weighed 47.5 lbs. today at the vet's office, getting his shots.
The vet said he's at a perfect weight, not too skinny and she could still feel his ribs.
He's gained five lbs. since last spring.
So I am going to start decreasing his food a little.

The vet said most of the huskies she sees are overweight.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Koda (4 years, 7 months) weighed in at 52.3lbs at the vet on Friday. He's gained 3.6lbs the past 3 months, which I'm happy about. He wasn't really skinny, but he looks better at this weight. His waist is not so small compared to his chest, haha.
Rogue (18 months) weighed in at 29.6lbs. She's got the perfect little figure.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Juneau weighed at 41.0 pounds last Friday 11/9/12. She was 6 months, 2 weeks and 4 days when weighed. A little big for breed standard lol.
Back to top Go down
BrittiniRae
Puppy
Puppy
BrittiniRae

Female Join date : 2012-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:49 am

Kao is 6 and a half months and shes 41 lbs but everyone tells me how skinny she looks!! I feed her Pulsar Salmon formula
Back to top Go down
CKerwin
Newborn
Newborn
CKerwin

Male Join date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Amy ( 11 months) weighed in at 40 lbs
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Weigh in... - Page 20 Img_3510
Weigh in... - Page 20 Img_3610

Titus (Sibe) is currently 71lbs at 18 months & 2 weeks old
Lycan (Mal is currently 82lbs at 6 months & 2 weeks old
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Weigh in... - Page 20 188sml
Zero - 2 year 1 month 1 day 29.4 lbs
Stig - 5 mths 2 weeks 5 days 59.6 lbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in...   Weigh in... - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next