It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

dog pack solutions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

dog pack solutions? Empty
PostSubject: dog pack solutions?   dog pack solutions? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:08 am

Ok so, every time i take blu for a walk i like to have the combination of a pack and a prong collar (i find the combination of the two essential to not only calm him down for the entire duration of the walk but also get him to focus for our training work we do while walking). sometimes i'll load up his pack with a couple water bottles and doggie bags... other times i dont, just the feeling of the pack being there seems to make him happy.

Anyway i've been using the cheap little $20-30 one's you can get at petsmart and they seem to work fine for me and can hold about as much as i'd really want him to carry, however they seem to go to crap once it gets snagged on a bush or something and a hole gets put in it... or the zippers break. but since he's on his third one now i thought it might be wiser to invest a few bucks into a decent heavy duty one (zipper free would be amazeing... i loath zippers), however im having trouble really finding one that is either within my price range or that looks like it's made for what i need.

I've checked both thedogoutdoors and alpine, and neither of which has one that really appeals to me... they seem a bit to "bulky". i dont go camping, we only go hiking on a short trail maybe once a month if that (not doing it in the summer... i hate bugs) so we mainly stick to decent sized walks in the naighbor hoods around my work place, so i was wondering if there's a certain kind that you guys know of that would fit my needs more, or a brand or distributor i should check out that im unaware of?

anyway, thanks in advance for any advice given.

Back to top Go down
KitR
Puppy
Puppy
KitR

Female Join date : 2012-03-08

PostSubject: Re: dog pack solutions?   dog pack solutions? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:42 am

We've been thinking about getting a pack for Alice as well, but I haven't really started doing research on any.

You might check out Backcountry K9 and REI to see if there are any that fit what you're looking for. I know that at the moment, REI has an OllyDog pack in their outlet section that looks pretty sturdy but not overly bulky.
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: dog pack solutions?   dog pack solutions? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:51 am

Ha e you checked out RuffWear packs?

I only do trail running and got the Singletrak, mainly only holds water but that's all I need it for.
Back to top Go down
huskyowner7
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: dog pack solutions?   dog pack solutions? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Last edited by huskyowner7 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: dog pack solutions?   dog pack solutions? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys, the packs i've been using are outward hound... i've had to patch them up so many times... but i guess i cant expect much more for 20 bucks.

I'll definately check out ruffwear and the other sites mentioned, and yeah i mainly just walk long distances within the cities and suburbs... little to no hiking, so removeable saddle bags are really kind of a waste for me. all i throw in blu's pack is water bottles, doggie bags, food, his bowl, and beer for myself ;P, oh and a min first aid kit i made for him for those just incase moments.

anyway, again appriciate the input... very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dog pack solutions?   dog pack solutions? Empty

Back to top Go down

dog pack solutions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Miscellaneous Questions-