It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy Empty
PostSubject: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Dear members,

The staff and I have noticed a change in forum behavior over the last several months. Whereas this place used to be somewhere that people could speak openly and discuss issues of all kinds maturely and respectfully, we feel that lately it has turned into a petty, immature drama-fest of butt-hurt feelings and snide comments. This is not the type of forum any of us have envisioned or grown to love.

Therefore, from now on, anyone incapable of responding to a thread in a mature and adult manner will be warned. As per forum rules, three warnings equals banishment from the forum. There will be no exceptions to this rule.

Problems with this rule can be directed to an Administrator. To be honest, we're all a bit saddened that it has to come to this. However, the staff is tired of our time being wasted making sure that everyone plays nicely.

This does not mean that you cannot disagree with someone!! Respectful conversations about different points of view are what made this forum such a refreshing place to be. This is NOT taking that away. What this policy means is that in order to disagree, you should be stating your opinion maturely, without snarky comments, insults, or sarcasm. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions... but everyone is also entitled to them without being chastised or insulted. Lastly, please note that this does not mean that you should feel ashamed or frightened to ask "a dumb question." If anything, this should make people feel more comfortable doing so.

Thanks for your continued patronage of this forum. We hope that our new policy will continue to keep this forum a fun, friendly, and informative resource for husky and other northern breed owners.

Best,
~Tori & the Husky Thing Staff

PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy Hailey10

Last edited by Koda on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:12 pm

bounce Bump for more exposure

Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Read and noted Smile
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:17 pm

bumpity bump bump
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Last edited by UndarthAngipoo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you, Tori!

I love this forum and have been a member for nearly 1-1/2 years. I have always enjoyed seeing folks of different ages, different locations (but mostly Colorado Wink ), different ethics, different walks of life, different financial means, etc. all come together for the love of their huskies!

A big thanks from me to all of the moderators!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Quote :
What this policy means is that in order to disagree, you should be stating your opinion maturely, without snarky comments, insults, or sarcasm.

As long as I can still use snarky comments, insults, or sarcasm towards people who randomly join the forum pushing their "racing food" I'm all for it Smile

All joking aside I agree 100%.

~Chris~

Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 pm

Read and definitely noted. Thankfully! I haven't even wanted to get on here as much due to all of the drama that seems to have been popping up lately. I still frequent here, but seems like it's turned into a circus act.

Agree!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Thank goodness! The last blow up was completely unnessecary and verbally offending. Totally agree and duly noted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Tori thank you for republishing the rules and inforcing them. There has been some drama here lately. I belong to other forums the monitors and such have to restate the rules from time to time to insure things to not get out of hand or pissy.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 pm

I agree with this full. We all should be adults and we have different opinions and can disagree and will throughout our times here on the forum. But name calling and foul language doesn't do anything but annoy people. I am very glad to have found this forum, it was a big help for my girls and the famous Weldon the Parvo dog as his full title is.

Thanks again for help, and kudos for new policy
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Agreed 100% bounce

This forum is a great place! I've belonged to other's in the past and they were not well managed and the monitors themselves started a great deal of drama. I left those forums, because of that very reason. This forum is respectful and well managed, so thank you Tori & the rest of the staff for being on top of things and doing such a great job!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:34 am

I agree 100%.
Been visiting Atlanta for a few days, so I've been off the board.
Could someone send me a PM to direct me to the offending discussion?
Back to top Go down
jen72691
Newborn
Newborn
jen72691

Female Join date : 2012-06-20

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:03 pm

This is a great reminder to keep the forum mature, fun, and informative!
Back to top Go down
Tundra
Puppy
Puppy
Tundra

Female Join date : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Yay!! \o/

Kindness and consideration go a long way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:21 pm

read and understood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 am

It seems alot happened in the time I wasn´t on here..
I´m glad that you fight to keep this forum the way it should be..
This is the only friendly and open minded Husky forum I know, that´s why >I joined and I want it to stay that way of course.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:45 am

Understand Smile Looks like there may have been a problem before I became a member. Hopefully it stays a drama-free place Smile
Back to top Go down
lovesky
Newborn
Newborn
lovesky

Female Join date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Totally read Smile
Back to top Go down
prentiss80
Newborn
Newborn
prentiss80

Male Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:33 am

I have read and agree. I am new to this form and I am enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:35 am

I have to be mature? Awwwwhh...

Jk, its noted ^^/
Back to top Go down
EmmaGraceCalder
Newborn
Newborn
EmmaGraceCalder

Female Join date : 2013-01-01

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Read, and understood! Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Bump. Because I think this forum needs a reminder as a whole.

To reiterate in short, the IAHT Staff and I do not care what your opinion is; we really and truly don't. However, if you choose to express that opinion on this forum, you will do so without being an asshole or a bully. If you cannot do that, then I am sorry to say there is no place for you here. This goes for everyone, regardless of age, length of membership, staff, member, or number of dogs.

And for what it's worth, it really doesn't matter if "that's how you are in person." If you would like to participate on this forum, you will do so according to our rules or not at all.

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 pm

My people skills are just fine.

It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

I'll leave the assholes for you to weed out.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 pm

That was pretty unnecessary, Len.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy   PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ: New Forum Policy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next