It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Empty
PostSubject: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:25 pm

PLEASE SEE OUR UPDATED THREAD: https://www.itsahuskything.com/t16716-how-to-upload-pictures-udated-02-10-17

Thank you!

--

Hi everyone!  So, I know that most of you use photobucket or other hosting sites, but did you know that you can resize/host images here, directly through the forum and it's super easy?  Here's how to do it:

To upload a picture from your computer:
1. In your post, Click on the button with the picture and the floppy disk.
2. Click browse
3. Select the file you want and click open
4. Where it says "Resize the image" select 640 pixel width (that's the proper size for this forum)
5. Click "Host It"
6. There will be three options that appear once the file is uploaded.  Highlight and copy the second option.
7. Paste the entire option into the body of your message.
You're done!

To resize an image already on photobucket(or another hosting site):
1. In your post, Click on the button with the picture and the floppy disk.
2. Click the button for "url"
3. Paste the Direct Link url into the spot for url
4. Where it says "Resize the image" select 640 pixel width (that's the proper size for this forum)
5. Click "Host It"
6. There will be three options that appear once the file is uploaded.  Highlight and copy the second option.
7. Paste the entire option into the body of your message.
You're done!

How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Catherine
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 4:29 am

Its true - I have tried it and it works !!! (and I am a bit dumb at things like that).

Thanks Tori you are a complete star sunny
Back to top Go down
harmonytime
Acoustic Howler
harmonytime

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:22 am

Cool! Was just about to upload new pics of Evo and was hoping to figure that out! Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 am

harmonytime wrote:
Cool! Was just about to upload new pics of Evo and was hoping to figure that out! Thanks!!!
Oh, I do try Wink

Back to top Go down
Mikko'sMum
Puppy
Puppy
Mikko'sMum

Female Join date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Can you do this for pictures on facebook?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Facebook is way harder with the new photo-viewer. If you can view the photo without that black background that pops up in Flash, right click on the image and click "Copy Image Location" and paste that into the image tag. But it's hard to figure out how to get the darn photos to view without the black flash player anymore Sad

Back to top Go down
KatoTA
Newborn
Newborn
KatoTA

Female Join date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:10 pm

THank you!!! I waas trying to figure out how to upload some!..
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Koda wrote:
Facebook is way harder with the new photo-viewer. If you can view the photo without that black background that pops up in Flash, right click on the image and click "Copy Image Location" and paste that into the image tag. But it's hard to figure out how to get the darn photos to view without the black flash player anymore Sad

If the image comes up in FB's black flash player you can right click it and open in a new window/tab and it should open like normal (the way it used to without the flash player), then right click again and copy the image location.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Sweet! Thanks, Val! Smile

Back to top Go down
Mikko'sMum
Puppy
Puppy
Mikko'sMum

Female Join date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:38 pm

I did it!!! That's awesome, thanks so much ladies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Figure I would just post my pictorial on this thread instead.

I'm using Windows, Firefox, Photobucket and assuming the photos are already on the computer. I've never used anything except Picasa and Photobucket for hosting my pics. And I have never resized anything for the forum. It's set to make the image fit.

1:
First I upload the pics to photobucket with their easy to use setup...
How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Upload1

2:
After the photo is uploaded, it will appear with a series of links under it that copy when you click on them...
How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Upload2

3:
The link is then simply pasted in the reply box on the forum...
How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Upload3

4:
Then post and all is done.

* I also post a lot of pics using the 'copy image location' feature in Firefox. This is a right click option when the cursor is on an image. Then I type out "[img][/img]" brackets and 'paste' in between them.
Back to top Go down
prtlad999
Newborn
Newborn
prtlad999

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Noah 7mos   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 pm

How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Photo017
How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Photo018
Back to top Go down
Dark-Krystal
Newborn
Newborn
Dark-Krystal

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:24 am

So just been reading on how to post pics and i do seem to be having trouble.....You see i see the icons,for host an image,image,link etc when i am replying to posts but when i try to start a new topic in scrapbook so i can post some pics of my furbabies there are no Icons to be seen just emotion's....Any idea what is wrong,hope this is posted in right spot :-)
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 am

That's odd. So it DOESN'T look like this when you start a new topic?
How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum NewThreadPics
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:49 am

Eddie (and Dark-Krystal),
It's the curse of Internet Explorer, again... I thought I was crazy for at least a year because I often would not see the same stuff that others did. Running IE you cannot view videos posted here, add pics on original posts (you can on replies - so if you insist on IE just reply to yourself) or see the scrolling Congrats to the HOTM bar, just to name a few!
(I was a software tester in another life, can you tell?) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dark-Krystal
Newborn
Newborn
Dark-Krystal

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:31 pm

harrise wrote:
That's odd. So it DOESN'T look like this when you start a new topic?
How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum NewThreadPics

No i never had any of those icons,but thanks to the reply from SabakaMom i have now fixed it :-)
Back to top Go down
Dark-Krystal
Newborn
Newborn
Dark-Krystal

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
Eddie (and Dark-Krystal),
It's the curse of Internet Explorer, again... I thought I was crazy for at least a year because I often would not see the same stuff that others did. Running IE you cannot view videos posted here, add pics on original posts (you can on replies - so if you insist on IE just reply to yourself) or see the scrolling Congrats to the HOTM bar, just to name a few!
(I was a software tester in another life, can you tell?) Laughing

Thank you so much for the quick reply,i decided to try Firefox instead and now it look's like its working a charm ,so once again Thank you :-)

Omg as i am writing this a bird has just flown into my lounge room and luckily my 2 furbabies are busy chomping on their treats to even react quick enough to get it ,lucky birdy :-)
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:50 am

Thank-you, I'd been trying to figure out how to post photos in the welcome section Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:35 am

Maybe this will help people more..

How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Ddggoh
Back to top Go down
snowusin
Newborn
Newborn
snowusin

Female Join date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:01 pm

It doesn't seem to work for me. What am I doing wrong?

Back to top Go down
http://thehuskybrothers.com
snowusin
Newborn
Newborn
snowusin

Female Join date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: I have no idea what I just did but I was able to get a picture to post. This is my 3 boys with their friend Kieran. Fron L to R - Kieran Frankie, Cain & Tsar   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:04 pm

How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum The_bo17
Back to top Go down
http://thehuskybrothers.com
gabea87
Puppy
Puppy
gabea87

Female Join date : 2013-06-16

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 am

I am slightly confused I can only post pics with a link? How is everyone posting the pics directly in their posts?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 pm

you paste the link in your post and it shows up, read the bottom of page 1 for picture directions

Puppy
Puppy
gabea87

Female Join date : 2013-06-16

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:48 pm

got it thanks
Back to top Go down
riverspore
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2014-01-09

PostSubject: .   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 am

My girl on the right Shiloh nad my boy Meeko.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum   How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Upload Photos or Resize them for the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next