It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Re-setting Husky's Schedule

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Re-setting Husky's Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re-setting Husky's Schedule   Re-setting Husky's Schedule EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Ok i will make this short for now and maybe add to it later but Jack has been waking me up just about every day between 5-5:30am to go potty (this started like 3 weeks ago). i have my alarm set for 6:05am, it is really messing up my sleep and i just don't know how to break him of this internal alarm clock. if i try to call him back up to bed or not pay attention to him he just sits at the door and cry's so im still not able to go back to bed and end up getting up and letting him out. the last thing i want is for him to take a dump in the bedroom which im afraid he will do if i do not let him out (he does poo when i let him out in the morning). i have even tried feeding him later like between 6-7pm and most of the night he does not even eat his dinner and the last meal he had was at 8am. im just at a loss as to how to break this new habit. any one out there ever deal with this.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Re-setting Husky's Schedule   Re-setting Husky's Schedule EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 pm

What time are you feeding him in the morning? Likely his "I need to go" in the AM is from the previous day. If pushing back his night feeding didn't work, have you tried pushing back his day schedule?

Re-setting Husky's Schedule Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Re-setting Husky's Schedule   Re-setting Husky's Schedule EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Koda wrote:
What time are you feeding him in the morning? Likely his "I need to go" in the AM is from the previous day. If pushing back his night feeding didn't work, have you tried pushing back his day schedule?

come on tori i told you what time i feed him in the morning Wink i feed him around 8am and he usually does poo some time at night normally on our walk around 8-9pm that puts it at the 12hr shift. he did not eat dinner last night and he did not get any bones or treats either and pooed on our night walk so i don't know where the poo is coming from at 5 am!!!!! i can't feed him any later in the morning cause i am off to work and im afraid to feed him any sooner in the morning because they are crated till about 4:30-5pm and i want to make sure he is not holding it. any ideas?

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Re-setting Husky's Schedule   Re-setting Husky's Schedule EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Oh... I missed that, sorry.

Hmm... Do you get up earlier with him? Koda used to do that to us a lot and we just ignored him (as frustrating and annoying as it was for a while) and eventually he realized that he gets up when we get up.

If you fed Jack more in the morning, would he eat it? Maybe try giving him his whole portion in the AM and stop feeding him at night all together? I know you say he rarely eats at night anyway, but perhaps this would help to narrow it down?

Re-setting Husky's Schedule Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Re-setting Husky's Schedule   Re-setting Husky's Schedule EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am

I have no advice other than getting up before him and returning the favor. Once a routine has begun, you're going to need to be vigilant and creative in modifying it. Sucks for camping too. We try to sleep in a little and all three sleds are whining and pacing right on cue at 5:00am. Which I guess IS sleeping in considering our normal wake up time. Just suck up those 30 piddly minutes and get up. ¿?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-setting Husky's Schedule   Re-setting Husky's Schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Re-setting Husky's Schedule

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1