It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy humping?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hugosboss
Newborn
Newborn
hugosboss

Male Join date : 2012-10-17

Puppy humping? Empty
PostSubject: Puppy humping?   Puppy humping? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 pm

So my 7 month old Husky, Hugo tried to mount me when i was reaching under the couch to get his ball.. and again when I was sitting on the couch. What's the game plan for this? Just a stern "No"? It's natural right?
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Puppy humping? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy humping?   Puppy humping? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 am

Is he neutered? If not, he might be reaching sexual maturity.

If he is neutered, he might just be a bit dominant.

I've personally never had to deal with this so I'm sorry I can't help too much as to how to stop it. Hopefully someone who has had to deal with this can help you out. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Puppy humping? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy humping?   Puppy humping? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:53 am

My little guy is only 3.5 months old and has almost started humping. He grabs on with his front legs but isn't really sure what to do after that. Although, with a puppy as young as he is, its probably just play. He does it mostly when he's pestering me to play, and I won't. Its like his last ditch attention seeking maneuver, and it generally results in a time out. If its out of the blue, I just distract him with a game of fetch. For him, it seems like he is developing socially with both humans and dogs, so its more of a way of him figuring out his place in the world I think.

For a 7 month old, I would bet, if not neutered, he's maturing sexually. I would say the plan would be to get him neutered if you're not planning on showing him. Also, I've heard of redirecting them to an object they are allowed to get busy with... About a year ago our 12 year old neutered cat started humping our legs at night when we were sleeping, we got him a little cat bed of his own that has raised sides, and now that seems to be the object of his affection. Odd behavior, but he's happy (well as happy as a surely cat can be) and healthy, so I can't complain lol. For your guy, I would just take a few shuffling steps toward him so he has to get out of the way and stop humping. Or if you're sitting, stand up and move toward him. Its kind of like body blocking.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Puppy humping? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy humping?   Puppy humping? EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 am

All mine have done this but only one to humans. Our lab when she was a puppy tried humping my sons twice, My husky boys have never tried it with humans, but all three hump each other lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Puppy humping? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy humping?   Puppy humping? Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy humping?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1