It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

might be getting 2nd dog afterall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

might be getting  2nd dog afterall Empty
PostSubject: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:53 pm

it is Nanooks brother.
I know I have told you the story of how we got Nanook. We had to put our lab down due to cancer and a co worker of my husband had one left of a small litter of huskies, he gave him to us. Another coworker bought one and a friend of his got another one. The co worker that bought one is dog sitting for his friend who got one as well and that person told him she did not want the dog, he could keep him. Well this guy doesn't like his own husky and doesn't want the dog either and might take him to the pound. My husband called and told me ...of course I do not want it to go to the pound so I told him we would take the dog and either keep him or find him a good home..
Sorry if all the coworker talk got confusing, I hope you can follow along.
What do you think, bad idea to have two males from the same litter? Not to mention I have no idea how much training he has had. I do know the lady has five kids so he should be good around children.

This just makes me sad. I know one female pup ran away from its owner and the lady didn't even want to look for her, My husband's co worker doesn't like his dog , this lady doesn't want her dog ....I know Nanook can be a handful but he also has so much personality, I can not imagine just giving him away and not caring what happens to him.

Last edited by Trailtoad1 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:43 pm

might be getting  2nd dog afterall 98335710

Just got this picture of him. Looks like he has 1 brown eye and 1 blue eye and doesn't seem to mind riding in cars.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:32 pm

People are stupid.. How can u take a puppy then just not want it.. But anyway, i think if you have the time and money, and think you want one then get him. Most likly isnt really trained, since she doesnt want him anymore.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:40 pm

That is so sad. Sad

I think two males from the same litter shouldn't be a problem. If they're both intact then you might have some scuffles. I would recommend a neuter if you haven't thought about it already.

How old are they? He looks like he's around a year old.

You could foster him (not adopting, but basically take care of him until someone else wants to adopt). Find a local husky rescue in your area. You can foster for them and when he gets adopted, it will go through their program and they will get paid for the adoption.

I love fostering. Good luck with whatever you do!
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:49 pm

They will be 6 months old June 29th. We are going to neuter Nanook but our vet doesn't do it until 7 months old.. Shadow...(I think that is his name) might be already, I do not know what all they have done with him. I think he probably got all his shots and stuff, they do not sound like they were neglectful...this was their first dog ever and didn't expect the energy level from what I am being told.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:18 am

I would say go for it if you feel confident enough. Two husky teens aren't all that bad.. oh okay they're a handful.. but honestly it sounds like you can provide him a great home Smile
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 5:31 am

I couldn't sit by and watch a dog go to the pound either, I'd have to take him.

Have a serious chat with the owner, find out his history and vet records etc then make your choice

Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:03 am

Hey good luck and congrats, I have no idea why those other people wouldn't want to keep him (probably either a lack of research/commitment or they just had to put their kids first...) but regardless if you're keeping him away from the pound that's great!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:53 am

Wow another story about a person getting a dog and then not wanting it, how weird, NOT so sick of this happening!

You should be fine just watch them until you are sure they are ok together! They probably won't even remember their related. I have two brothers, not from the same litter, same parents. They are fine together.

Get them both neutered sooner then later and this will help as well. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 4:15 pm

We were getting ready to take Nanook for a meet and greet with Shadow to see how they got along and got a call that the lady changed her mind. Neutral again
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Trailtoad1 wrote:
We were getting ready to take Nanook for a meet and greet with Shadow to see how they got along and got a call that the lady changed her mind. Neutral again

What a shame... Keep your ears open. She might change her mind. Again.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:42 pm

That is what the guy watching the dog said.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 am

Looks like Nanook is the lucky one from that litter! Maybe you could plan a 'play date' so that way they can meet without the premise of taking one home. I probably shouldn't bring this up, but I'm also wondering if the person who bred them is planning on breeding again. It seems like, since 75% of the homes aren't working out they might want to think a little harder before the next litter.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:31 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
Looks like Nanook is the lucky one from that litter! Maybe you could plan a 'play date' so that way they can meet without the premise of taking one home. I probably shouldn't bring this up, but I'm also wondering if the person who bred them is planning on breeding again. It seems like, since 75% of the homes aren't working out they might want to think a little harder before the next litter.

I think we are the lucky ones Very Happy

I have thought this myself. I think Nanook had a benefit that he got to stay with him mommy a little longer then the rest. I was having surgery and he had to stay there an extra week.....turns out though he was still only 7 weeks old when we brought him home.

We have been talking about a playdate. LOL I would love to get my husbands co worker who has a sister and this lady who has Shadow together with Nanook. My mom has Yorkies that Nanooks play with and he knows to be gentle with them...he likes them but I bet he would love to cut loose... I would love to see how he plays with other huskies :-)
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Aw! I can just see him with the yorkies! Dizzy has a husky 'girlfriend' and he loves her to death. When they are at the park together, he follows her like a shadow. She's about 14 months. He likes the other dogs too but, when he spots her, it's like the sun just came into the room. It's so cute!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: might be getting 2nd dog afterall   might be getting  2nd dog afterall Empty

Back to top Go down

might be getting 2nd dog afterall

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1