It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

For all you REI shoppers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

For all you REI shoppers Empty
PostSubject: For all you REI shoppers   For all you REI shoppers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:57 am

Not sure if this applies to the loyal card membership but found this on the consumerist on returns.
http://consumerist.com/2013/06/04/rei-revises-return-policy-must-be-within-1-year-of-purchase/
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: For all you REI shoppers   For all you REI shoppers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 am

I would assume it would apply to any purchase regardless if you are a member or not.  Having a year to return something is still a good policy.  I can see why they did this - to prevent those few customers that buy something and decide to return it for something else to 'upgrade' or just to return it after they have used it.  It's like using their stuff for free.  Yes, there are people like that as I work part time at a women's apparel store with an open return policy and have has women come in to return a swimsuit THREE YEARS LATER because it faded, and we had to take it back because of our return policy.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: For all you REI shoppers   For all you REI shoppers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:19 pm

im bummed about the 1yr, i think they should have made it 3yrs, after all this is stuff we use maybe 6months out of the yr and not every day, so things will break after a yr and you may have only used it 8 times, im pissed over it as yes i have returned things after a yr but the use of the item was not often or did not hold up to what it claimed to..... i would even pay a little more to have the option of retuning it after a yr. i see the goods at the garage sales getting smaller as this takes effect.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: For all you REI shoppers   For all you REI shoppers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm sure if it broke shortly after the one year period, they would make exceptions.  REI has and will always be good about warranty.  I think this is more for stuff that people want to return without a good reason if it's still in working condition.  Being on the other side of such a great return policy, customers can get very creative as to why they want to return something...just sayin'

Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: For all you REI shoppers   For all you REI shoppers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Claudia- I worked management at a retailer too (Lowes). One year is a VERY generous return policy. There are quite a few customers who abuse the system and this is why they have to implement policies like this. Some people return things after they use them because they only needed it for one job. Do you know how hard it is to sell an item that has been used and has either missing or opened packaging?  The item has to be drastically discounted. Not to mention there are a lot of idiots out there who refuse to read directions. It was pretty common to have customers return front load washing machines because (despite bright yellow warning stickers, the installation manual AND salesmen instructions) customers neglected to remove the shipping pins that keep the basket from moving. They just plug it in and turn it on. It RUINS the washer.... There goes $1000 down the drain.

A lady once returned a *soaker hose* because it leaked..... it's a soaker hose, it's SUPPOSED to leak....*sigh*.

Sometimes people just fail to read or be observant. I think perhaps if a customer lost money because of their own mistakes they might make wiser choices.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: For all you REI shoppers   For all you REI shoppers EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Yep...it's those few customers that will buy something, use it once or twice and return it because 'they never used it' or 'wasn't satisfied'.  And then they will go buy the newer model.

The retail store that I work at that has an open return policy, another customer came to return a top, no tags, and she claims she never wore it, bought it 'only a few weeks ago' and wanted to exchange it because it never fit right.  We had to take it back when it was bought over a year ago...it was a small top and she was clearly not a small...we had to take it back because of our policy.

Another woman came in with online returns by the bag full.  Had all tags and invoice receipts, but they were dated over a year.  Why buy them if you're not going to wear them???  And now it's a year and the style and color are out of date. 

Ok...end rant...

PostSubject: Re: For all you REI shoppers   For all you REI shoppers Empty

Back to top Go down

For all you REI shoppers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-