It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is this a siberian husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Husky-Drake
Newborn
Newborn

Is this a siberian husky? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 am

I has a male dog who is 9 months old.

I bought it from someone who has 3 husky and I saw my dog's parents they look like normal husky.

The problem is that as he grows I found out he has very small ears and short legs.

Another thing is he has dog smell.

Is this a Siberian husky?

Is this a siberian husky? Img_1110

Is this a siberian husky? Img_1312

Is this a siberian husky? Img_1313

Is this a siberian husky? Img_1010

Is this a siberian husky? Img_1410
Back to top Go down
Haileybug1991
Newborn
Newborn
Haileybug1991

Female Join date : 2013-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:46 am

Looks like a Malamute to me...
Back to top Go down
Husky-Drake
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:51 am

Haileybug1991 wrote:
Looks like a Malamute to me...

But Malamute should has bigger size than husky.

My dog has a husky size.

Or mini Malamute size:shock:
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:53 am

He looks husky to me, just has a more plush coat than most.

Newborn
Newborn
Irene_adler

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:40 am

He does look like a malamute a little, but i do agree he does just have a longer coat. My dog had 3 sisters and 2 brothers, they were essentially 3 sets of twins, Sherlock and his sister were like his mother (she was pure white with a lil cream) (I actually have pictures of his parents), 2 Blk & Wht short hair and 2 blk & Wht fluff balls. From that one litter there were 3 different coat types. Its possible hes a cross breed too. If he is only 9 months old he is still in line for a growth spurt. Youll wake up one morning with a HUGE dog in your house!!!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 am

Since he's only 9 months, it's not as easy to tell - dogs go through their growth spurts at different times (it all depends on the dog!) Stark is still a little leggy - he looks like he's on stilts if you look at him from the right angle - LOL! He looks husky to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 am

He looks a lot like Lily which was a longer coated Siberian husky that a former member on a no longer active husky forum had. (For those around long enough it's the Lily that lived with Simba the Pomeranian).

He could have a little Mal in him but I automatically think husky every time I see his pictures. Hell, my recently rehomed Chihuahua looked like a miniature border collie to me (due to bad breeding) yet she was 100% Chihuahua. My mother in law also has a puppy mill rescue Chihuahua that looks nothing like a Chi, not even close, but she is. Point being, he can be full husky and still not look quite like the majority of sibes.

Newborn
Newborn
Irene_adler

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:22 am

I LOVE the stilt look on puppies, I dont know why. For some reason Sherlock skipped that stage or i just didnt ee it cause i am with him every day!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 pm

When I first saw him I thought chow mix but no blue on the tongue. He's adorable regardless!

Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:26 pm

I think you have a malamute/husky mix. And what do you mean by "dog smell"? Do you mean puppy smell? Have you given him a bath yet?
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm

I think he could have part mal, but I can't tell. He looks like my friend's wooly husky! They have softer fur than most and it's long. It requires more maintenance, which is probably why he 'smells'. Take him to a groomer or give him a bath with an oatmeal based shampoo, like Earthbath.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:48 pm

He is freaking CUTE and i just want to hug him!!! im gonna go with wooly husky

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Huskydad wrote:
I think you have a malamute/husky mix. And what do you mean by "dog smell"? Do you mean puppy smell? Have you given him a bath yet?

Yes, I do.
I give him bath once a month.

I saw many websites say that Husky is odorless dog.
My friend's husky is but my dog not.

That is another reason why i doubt he is a husky.
Back to top Go down
Husky-Drake
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Irene_adler wrote:
He does look like a malamute a little, but i do agree he does just have a longer coat. My dog had 3 sisters and 2 brothers, they were essentially 3 sets of twins, Sherlock and his sister were like his mother (she was pure white with a lil cream) (I actually have pictures of his parents), 2 Blk & Wht short hair and 2 blk & Wht fluff balls. From that one litter there were 3 different coat types. Its possible hes a cross breed too. If he is only 9 months old he is still in line for a growth spurt. Youll wake up one morning with a HUGE dog in your house!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
thanks for telling me this, as I thought he is alreay a audlt size now.
Back to top Go down
Husky-Drake
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:42 pm

VintageJeans wrote:
I think he could have part mal, but I can't tell.  He looks like my friend's wooly husky!  They have softer fur than most and it's long.  It requires more maintenance, which is probably why he 'smells'.  Take him to a groomer or give him a bath with an oatmeal based shampoo, like Earthbath.

I will try it later.
Sometimes he smells like a rubbish bin.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:09 am

The odor could be caused by the food you are feeding as well. What are you feeding him? You also don't state where you live, if you have a lot of moisture in the air he could have a skin issue going on.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:13 am

jbealer wrote:
The odor could be caused by the food you are feeding as well. What are you feeding him? You also don't state where you live, if you have a lot of moisture in the air he could have a skin issue going on.

I live in the south-east coast of Australia and give him dry dog food only.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 am

He might be half a mal.. Both my husky and long coat malamute is odourless. I think the odourless thing has nothing to do with being either a husky or a malamute.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Husky-Drake wrote:

jbealer wrote:
I live in the south-east coast of Australia and give him dry dog food only.

make sure you are feeding a high quality kibble 4 stars and up. check out http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/ for food ideas or check out our food post. if you are feeding a low quality kibble that can affect the skin, coat and health of your dog.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Using a deodorizing shampoo can help with odor issues.  My sibe had an odor issue for a little while some time ago when we first moved to SC which happened to coincide with a dandruff problem due to the high heat and humidity.  It was suggested to me to try Fresh 'N Clean Oatmeal and Baking Soda shampoo as the oatmeal would help moisturize and sooth his dry skin and the baking soda's deodorizing properties would help stave off the odor.  So I gave it a try and it worked brilliantly, and kept the odor away for a long time and he smelled great for quite a while after the bath too.  It's not my favorite shampoo but it is my go to if my sibe ever develops an offensive odor that just won't go away.

I don't know if it's something you'd have access to in Australia but this is what it looks like if you want to give it a try (I don't use it all the time, only when my sibe is particularly stinky and it's never failed me at getting rid of stinky doggy odor). Edited to add: I only use it full strength (not diluted) when dealing with strong dog odors.

Is this a siberian husky? 71822470

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:14 am

Huskyluv wrote:
Using a deodorizing shampoo can help with odor issues.  My sibe had an odor issue for a little while some time ago when we first moved to SC which happened to coincide with a dandruff problem due to the high heat and humidity.  It was suggested to me to try Fresh 'N Clean Oatmeal and Baking Soda shampoo as the oatmeal would help moisturize and sooth his dry skin and the baking soda's deodorizing properties would help stave off the odor.  So I gave it a try and it worked brilliantly, and kept the odor away for a long time and he smelled great for quite a while after the bath too.  It's not my favorite shampoo but it is my go to if my sibe ever develops an offensive odor that just won't go away.

I don't know if it's something you'd have access to in Australia but this is what it looks like if you want to give it a try (I don't use it all the time, only when my sibe is particularly stinky and it's never failed me at getting rid of stinky doggy odor).  Edited to add: I only use it full strength (not diluted) when dealing with strong dog odors.

Is this a siberian husky? 71822470

Thanks I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:10 am

Looks like everything everyone has been telling you. Bad breediing went wrong or a mal/ husky. I'll post a picture of my girls. I so happen to have both. Only true way you can find out is a dna test. Maybe this picture will help you figure out what he is without the dna test. By the way I love your puppy!!!!!!

Is this a siberian husky? 20130604_140717_79876_zps929e9ba6
Back to top Go down
Husky-Drake
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:21 am

amychuke wrote:
Looks like everything everyone has been telling you. Bad breediing went wrong or a mal/ husky. I'll post a picture of my girls. I so happen to have both. Only true way you can find out is a dna test. Maybe this picture will help you figure out what he is without the dna test. By the way I love your puppy!!!!!!

Is this a siberian husky? 20130604_140717_79876_zps929e9ba6

Back to top Go down
huskymommy
Newborn
Newborn
huskymommy

Female Join date : 2013-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:01 pm

hiya :)he looks like he could be smiling sammy x husky! hes a cutie :DXX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a siberian husky?   Is this a siberian husky? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a siberian husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1