It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home Empty
PostSubject: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm working with a man who ended up with two dogs and their puppies after his son "went away for a long time." I went and saw the dogs and pups today, there are six puppies, and the parents, Rocko and Mika. And WOW Rocko is absolutely HUGE. Built like a tank and just so sweet. I was told he was a pit bull but looking at him, he's definitely a mastiff mix. Way to big to be a pit bull, and his pictures just don't do his size justice. In hindsight, I should've taken his picture next to someone. Mika was a little nervous at first but she was very accepting of us handling the pups. Very underweight, and I talked to Marc and he took Rocko out of the pen so he couldn't eat all the food. He's a big fatty and Mika is super scrawny so it's not that they weren't being fed, just that Rocko wasn't letting her eat. His roommate was supposed to be taking care of them I guess because Marc is never home but he wasn't doing the job. He's a nice guy that wants to do right by the dogs but doesn't have the time or resources. I will italicize what I put on facebook about them.

These dogs are being kept in a nice roomy kennel in a modified barn with doggie doors that allow them to go outside in nice large pens. Mika was being housed with Rocko but he was eating all the food so they're now seperated. The guy's roommate was supposed to be taking care of them because the guy can't be home often, but we see that he wasn't doing a very good job. Puppies and mom will be ready to go in about three weeks, Rocko can go now.

Rocko, 3-5 year old Mastiff-pit mix. Dad to the six puppies. He's as sweet as he is HUGE. VERY big boy and very cuddly and sweet. Built like a tank, head like a watermelon.He started barking at us while we were checking out the pups because he wanted attention and it was DEEP! If you want a dog that's sweet as a lamb but has "that look" to keep you safe, this is the dog. Good with cats.
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1044436_10151499183577479_1602786827_n

There was a board in his kennel that he pulled off of something.
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1005166_10151499186967479_1457611707_n

Mika, 2-3 year old pit bull, and her puppies, 5 weeks old. Big sweet heart and very gentle! She was a little nervous at first but she was very accepting of us handling her new babies. She would do very well in a calm home where she can be a dog and not have to worry about having puppies anymore. Good with cats.
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1010966_10151499190027479_795515073_n
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 993311_10151499189067479_1159473569_n

Tri-colored female, spoken for.
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1000193_10151499180962479_1879569601_n

Dark boy, with tiny white spot on chest, he was very spunky. Also loved to suck on my pants and cuddle. Very curious and sweet.
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 484690_10151499232057479_1592693176_n

Dark boy with lots of white on his chest and white toes, very spunky and vocal. Also loved to suck on my pants and cuddle. Very curious and sweet. Yes, that's a tick.
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1001751_10151499206017479_1131096709_n

Cute little boy, white with black patches! Another pup was harassing him by tugging on his ear and he just stood there and growled his little heart out, to pudgy to run away haha
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1016547_10151499176482479_1570624623_n

Masked girl. Very curious, wandered around a lot and kept trying to crawl up my leg or suck on my pants. Very cute! She was my favorite color c:
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1006262_10151499177097479_1328574763_n

Speckled girl. One big patch over her eye and then the rest of her body is white and covered in speckles! Was very cute and cuddly
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 998515_10151499180077479_1346145352_n

Here's the whole litter! Three boys and three girls!
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 1003814_10151499182452479_1807538523_n
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:43 pm

VERY CUTE!! I wish my town didn't have an ordinance...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:10 am

-cough- Lab mix! -cough-
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:46 am

dahowlers wrote:
-cough- Lab mix! -cough-

LOL I know right?!?! I've done it before Wink..

But I have one foster in the house right now and I have a deposite for a Standard Poodle puppy for next year..just not ready for four dogs LOL!a
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:47 am

dahowlers wrote:

Speckled girl. One big patch over her eye and then the rest of her body is white and covered in speckles! Was very cute and cuddly
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home 998515_10151499180077479_1346145352_n

PULLING AT MY HEART STRINGS!!! My favorite..
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Yikes! Yeah, four is a lot! haha

She's a cutie! She was a cuddler and very confident! My sister was picking between her and the tri-colored girl, who eventually won out haha Despite me trying to be subtle about how the fawn girl with teh black mask is MY favorite... But it won't be my dog and my boyfriend says I'm not allowed to get another animal because I have Snoopy and a cat...

I'm surprised how all the puppies waddled up to us confident and curious since this was their first human contact and they're five weeks. That's a long stretch. Mom and dad were happy and wiggly to see people, even though we were four people they're NEVER seen before, so they were good influences c:
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Speckled female has a home lined up c:
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Haha, I have such mixed feelings!
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:44 am

Given the circumstance, let's go with happy haha

I'm going over again on Saturday with a bag of puppy food that I bought and a potential adopter. Hopefully I can get some better pictures and videos now that they're a little older!
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Pups are a little over six weeks today. I got ONE good picture of Mika and none of Rocko today. I fail. haha. All puppies have found homes but no one has shown interest in either Rocko or Mika yet. Mika gained a decent amount of weight, she's still underweight but it's not nearly as severe. I'll post the pictures when I can, we let some of the puppies go early to get them off of her to make it easier on her body.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Rocko found a home! And here's that picture of Mika that I took when I went to see them that last time. She gained a decent amount of weight and I bought different food for her and gave it to Marc.
Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home Img_1510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home   Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home Empty

Back to top Go down

Pit bull and Mastiff-Pit mixes need home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1