It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? Empty
PostSubject: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Howdy wave ...we are waiting for our adoption application to go through for this beautiful lab mix!Very Happy Selena's favorite friends seem to be labs! And this girl definitely caught my eye. I love her eyes!!

However, a few people have asked me if she has pit bull in her and of course I am not sure and neither is the rescue. I myself don't think so. I was wondering what everybody thinks..or if you think she is mixed with something else?

Not that I don't like pit bulls, but I am a home daycare provider and before I got Selena I had parents tell me they wouldn't feel comfortable with their child here with a pit bull in the house and I certainly don't want to lose all my daycare children!

Here are two links to the pup with different pics...

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25003520

http://www.adoptapet.com/pet/8609357-salem-new-hampshire-labrador-retriever-mix
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Just curious, what happened to the red-girl that got re-homed with you? Or I thought that was you..

They're gorgeous. Thank you for adopting.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Unfortunately she wasn't cat or kid friendly so we could not keep her but she is in a wonderful home with a fantastic family! (One without children or other animals Smile )

And thank you! I love you
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:11 pm

I guess I can see pitbull mixed in there some mainly with the face and the shorter coat, but I'm seeing a lot of lab too. Lab mixes often have the white chest as well. I guess some would depend on how much she fills out in the next year, but right now she has a leaner body.

Could you ask the parents if a lab mix with unknown dog breeds is acceptable assuming the dog is cat/child tested? I think they would appreciate you ask them and let them know that you feel really good about this dog. And if you are looking at rescues, there is a good chance anything is mixed in especially the younger the dog.

BTW - Awesome and very pretty dog!
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:35 pm

I kinda see a pitbull it there but it could be something else easily if shes listed as a lab mix then that's what I would tell people
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 pm

The first pic on the second link I kind of see Great Dane, but that doesn't come across in her size.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:46 pm

Maybe boxer in there?
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:02 am

I see VERY poorly bred lab. My sister's boyfriend's parents have a lab that looks just like that in the face who's purebred but from a puppy mill, and you can definitely tell. She could be a mix but she could just be from a really poor breeding background.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:05 am

I have to agree I think it is a very poor bred Lab, Bit bulls have very large heads and no necks at all. You can see in the picture he has a defined chin and cheek bones. Pit bulls do not have that. I don't see anything but like I said a poor bred lab. Very cute though!!!! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 4:49 am

Pit bulls have necks, and very defined cheek bones... Unless you're talking about a Bully.

Tatonka's Kimber
Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? Kimber%20serious%20again%209-30-12small
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 am

Agree with Caitlin. Pitties are supposed have a long body and a well defined chest area. They aren't supposed to be these stocky, boxy dogs you are seeing pop up. Those dogs are VERY poorly bred pits and are bred solely for their "look".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:49 am

Thank you everyone!!! I didn't think she had any pit bull it in her either. I even asked my friend who breeds champion pit bulls & shows them and he didn't think so either. My Selena was from a puppy mill and poorly bred but I still love her dearly so it won't change my decision on Lexi Very Happy . We can't wait to meet her!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:13 am

Awww, she looks like a real sweetie!
I'm seeing poorly bred lab mixed with something. Most poorly bred labs I see have a narrower head and muzzle along with the narrower body. I doubt it's pit she's mixed with (they have a certain look to the hind quarters that I'm not seeing in these pictures), but probably some sort of single coated breed with a larger head.
It seems like when in doubt shelter/rescues and people in general seem to lump solid colored largish dogs as 'lab mix' and any hint of blocky-head as "pit mix". I would just tell people she is your loveable Heinz 57 and Selena's new BFF. Or.... you could tell them she's a new designer breed called a myadorix. (my labrador mix. I just made that up.)
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:31 am

Lexi is a good looking dog.. I agree with everyone else Lexi is Lab mix. I also do not see Pit. She is pretty looking forward to seeing pictures of Lexi and Selena playing together..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?   Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any idea what kind of mix breed this pup is?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1