It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c-mendez1
Newborn
Newborn
c-mendez1

Male Join date : 2013-08-18

H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area Empty
PostSubject: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:38 pm

I have a 6 month old boy named Jax and we are trying to find fellow huskies to get together for a playdate. I'm not sure of a place to meet up to so suggestions will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

Female Join date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:03 am

There's 3-4 dog parks around the capital region we could use but most of them require you to live in the area and register with the town but I don't think it would be to much of a problem to use it on one Saturday afternoon. We go to the Guilderland dog park and it's very nice, probably an acre or two of fenced in land by 6ft fences, a small wooded area in it with little paths, a small cement slab where they keep 2-3 little dog pools and hose, and there's usually a crate of balls to play with.

My Phoebe has only meet one other husky and he's older so he didn't want to play much,
I was thinking about going down to the Meet-up in Melville,NY on Oct. 19 but it would be nice to go to another one close by.
Back to top Go down
SiberianKaia
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianKaia

Female Join date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 am

My one year old Kaia is always up for play time. Most of the dog parks that are worthwhile going to require tags/ registration. I live in Clifton Park and there is a nice dog park called Mary J Row. It has two huge fenced in areas for the dogs and they keep it clean. I haven't taken Kaia to it in a while since getting an electric fence she has had free roam and run of the front and back yard.

I do miss that she can't regularly play with other dogs as much since most in our neighborhood are older and I won't let Kaia off leash unless it is fenced in.

Kaia is very social loves to play and I havent found a dog she doesnt get along with or want to play with. I do take her on many area trails, bike paths, etc for walks to change it up if that could be an option too.

Sounds like the dog park in Guilderland is not too bad.

Nice to meet everyone.

Scott and Kaia
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Wait... WHERE is this place in Clifton Park?! Why are dog parks so hard to find??!

H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area Hailey10
Back to top Go down
SiberianKaia
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianKaia

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Its off of Ray Road. Take 146 E right on vischer ferry road go down to grooms road intersection (4 way) go thru intersection. About 1/4-1/2 mile on right is Ray Road. Take right and quick 1st left is Mary J row park.

There are signs for it.

They even provide shovels and a rake to clean up #2's with a dump area too.

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Do you have to have a license for that park? On the CP website you have to pay to access it-- is that something everyone does?

Back to top Go down
SiberianKaia
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianKaia

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Yea I had to register Kaia at town hall. And pay for the tags for the park which I think is like 30 bucks anually per household and they give you tags for each dog... They give you a hang tag for your car and one for the dogs collar which I usually just hold onto ha. but I forget how much it actually is. You can buy the dog park tags by themselves and not register the dogs but I am not 100% sure. The times Ive been there most people have the tags and or Animal Control is usually around to check some times. Ive only seen Animal Control there once. I def think you can prolly get away with it if its during the day. From what people have told me the park gets swamped around 4 oclock till like 6 or so since everyone who gets off work goes then. Ive taken Kaia there at quieter times during that day when shes been alone and when one or two other dogs have been there.

I just dont like the idea of so many dogs that you don't know... Its a nice park tho and def worth it for the socialization.

Back to top Go down
c-mendez1
Newborn
Newborn
c-mendez1

Male Join date : 2013-08-18

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Jax will soon be registered to the Town of Colonie in a few days. He just got neutered today and we hope to get together with fellow huskies for a playdate in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:51 pm

SiberianKaia wrote:
Yea I had to register Kaia at town hall. And pay for the tags for the park which I think is like 30 bucks anually per household and they give you tags for each dog...  They give you a hang tag for your car and  one for the dogs collar which I usually just hold onto ha. but I forget how much it actually is. You can buy the dog park tags by themselves and not register the dogs but I am not 100% sure. The times Ive been there most people have the tags and or Animal Control is usually around to check some times. Ive only seen Animal Control there once. I def think you can prolly get away with it if its during the day. From what people have told me the park gets swamped around 4 oclock till like 6 or so since everyone who gets off work goes then. Ive taken Kaia there at quieter times during that day when shes been alone and when one or two other dogs have been there.

I just dont like the idea of so many dogs that you don't know... Its a nice park tho and def worth it for the socialization.

Scott, we should try this place out! Mine are both registered in Glenville, so I doubt I have to register them in CP, just get a tag for the park. $30/yr is totally not bad at all.

Back to top Go down
TartokTikaani94
Puppy
Puppy
TartokTikaani94

Female Join date : 2013-07-05

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm

This is a great site to help you find the dog parks your looking for http://www.doggoes.com/iphone/dog-park-finder-plus. Wish I could find some folk in Delaware for a play-date with Nash. Anyway, Good luck!
Back to top Go down
SiberianKaia
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianKaia

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:28 am

TORI

Lets do it... Sounds good to me. Yea $30 is totally reasonable.

Back to top Go down
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

Female Join date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Thought I'd show this to you guys was on CL late last night and saw this. H2M2 coming to albany

CL Ad
http://albany.craigslist.org/pet/4025636842.html

FB page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/215680781090/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area   H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area Empty

Back to top Go down

H2M2 meet up in Albany, NY area

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1