It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt Empty
PostSubject: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Okay so I have just purchased these a couple days ago. Waiting for them in the mail...... I just wanted to start this up now so I can start counting the days before I get it to give a review.  I looked through the reviews and didn't see this product in there yet so I figured that I would get the information about it out there for you guys.

So I just got my first bicycle in 5 years. I am super happy about it. It wasn't only because of Okami's chunky butt that I wanted it( I mean that literally she is getting ....well Husky! ) , it was because I used to be an extreme cyclist and I really enjoy riding.

When I got the bike... I thought to myself, I don't have a belt for hands free with a dog. I have been wrapping a 20 foot leash in my belt loops and leaving like 5 feet of leash for her. ( I have not been running Okami, I have been power walking her. I know she can't run for another 3-4 months)

A really long story short (that I started to type and decided it was tedious) a suggestion from someone on here, that I should check out Alpine Outfitters.

This is the belt that I am going to get, (I got the padded one, but no reflective, I may get one with reflective if and when I decide night time biking is for us.

Alpine's Musher Belt

However I was a little upset when I saw that they don't come with a lead to clasp to it and that in order to buy one it would end up being close to another $30.00

So instead I got this 4 ft Leash And this Locking D Carabiner

The cord that I said was close to 30 bucks was for a Musher's belt yes but designed for jogging, and I don't ever like how something looks for durability when it is a cord, especially when I am trying to purchase in terms of durability vs. a husky. So the route I went seemed a good fit for us.

I will post pictures and a in depth review maybe a video when we get them! I am super excited!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 pm

There's a review on it here Smile https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7260-ezydog-convert-harness-alpine-jogger-leash-musher-s-belt

I have the Musher's belt. I've used it once for walking them like 6 months ago. I would never use it alongside a bike. My dogs over power me like crazy when I have that on them. I spent the extra money and got the 3 additional lines, that's my favorite part about the whole belt. They have a built-in traffic handle and shockline which is great.

If you were looking for something to use with a bike I would've purchased a Walky Dog, or a similar attachement. http://www.amazon.com/Petego-Walky-Dog-Bike-Attachment/dp/B002JRSHXE/ref=sr_1_8?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1376929877&sr=1-8&keywords=bike+dog+attachment
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Hmm I may have to get that in the near future I like that concept!!! (Walky Dog) My eyes must have deceived me I did not see the review. Embarassed 

Anyhow, I also got the Musher's belt for going for long walks, my arms feel like spaghetti noodles when I am done walking her, it will be a nice change to have my hands back!
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 pm

+1 for the WalkyDog. The Springer bike attachment also has great reviews, but it's much more expensive. I use the WalkyDog and have had great luck with it so far.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:45 pm

I use my musher's belt from Alpine EVERY single day, it was seriously the best money that I have ever spent!

I actually thought about just using a regular leash first as well because of durability, but I'm really glad that I got a different leash from them. All of there products are insanely sturdy, and the shockline built in has been great, because it takes a lot of the pull so it isn't hard on your back.
What I did though was ask them to mix the two leashes shockline leashes together, I got the jogger part of the leash so I could have the handle to pull them in (its a life saver), but I asked them to make it 6 feet long like the canicross line. I just thought the 4 foot leash would of been to short, and I love my 6 ft one and I've had it for months. I also asked them to change the clasps because I think they come with the quick release ones on the leash and I didn't want that. I highly recommend spending the money on those lines that go with the belt than just using a regular leash if possible, I think its worth it.

And I agree, I would not bike with it I think it would be a disaster waiting to happen. I would wait until you are able to get a walky dog or the springer. I personally went with the springer, because they seem sturdier and have awesome warranties on them, so I knew it was a one time only purchase.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:47 pm

all I am going to say is be prepared for waiting like 2-3 months to get the belt. I would try Nordkyn outfitters like I have. They are the same thing but it will come in 3-7 days.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:58 pm

In just my opinion, I wouldn't worry about the time frame. I have ordered a lot from them and I've never had a problem. You are ordering now before their busy season really starts, so it should be quick. I got my belt in a little over a week but my leashes were also custom so that took a little bit. I was talking to them a couple of days ago before I ordered my xbacks, and they said there turn around time for custom ones right now are only two weeks, and for me there estimates have always been right on, so I imagine a belt would be very fast.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:03 pm

They must have uped their service, because that is not how it used to be.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:12 pm

It really does depend on when you order.

I ordered mine in November and didn't get it until the very end of January.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:25 pm

That's what I have been told. I ordered musher's secret. This of course was like year or 2 ago. I switched my order to a musher from alaska that had and ebay store because it was taking so long.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah, I have only dealt with them for the past 8 months or so maybe even less, and so far I haven't had any problems. But I have no idea how it use to be.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:51 pm

I can't live without my mushers belt and jogging leashes! I wouldn't be able to walk the three without it. That handle is a lifesaver. I attach the three, but usually hold Mya by the handle (she's a diva) and let Kody and Asia walk a bit up front. I can bring them in as needed within a second. It's so sturdy too! Hubby ordered it as one of my Christmas gifts last year and it didn't arrive until mid January. Then again, that's their busiest season.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Their shipping used to be pretty bad, but they've gotten better over the last couple of years. I think when I ordered my belt, along with a custom xback it was a 6 week wait.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm

I love alpine gear, but I too couldn't stand the long wait. If I remember correctly when Abby ordered her gear last December, they forgot to even process her order and she waited 2 months before emailing them, but after it got processed they got it to her fairly quickly. I got a SASS walking belt that I absolutely love to death, it arrived pretty quick even though it came from the UK. I personally just love the fact that its bigger and fully padded, and doesn't slip much. And its purple haha. I do love the jogging leads with traffic handles but I'm going to buy buying police leads (again from a UK company) that also have traffic leads that are fuzzy and padded on the inside, plus come in colors that match my pups wardrobe.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:45 pm

I ordered a custom x-back harness on July 5th and didn't get it til August 8th or something like that. Order it now within the next few weeks and it should be about a 4 week wait.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:57 pm

I am sorry for those of you that have had issues with Alpine's delivery times.

My Orders were 8/17 and 8/18 (I had two different orders.)

The first one came on the 22nd and the second came on the 23rd. So in my opinion 5 business days is extremely reasonable. I am sure it is different at different times of the year, I may have gotten a lucky first shot with them, but I am very pleased.

As far as the review of my Musher's Belt goes, again I am very satisfied. It has made life a lot easier being hands free when I need to be. I will take some pictures and maybe a video when I go hit the trail later today for you guys!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:18 pm

I just ordered a bunch from Alpine Outfitters: mushers belt, urban trail harness, and the like. I honestly think 4 weeks turnaround is not a bad time frame to wait at all especially for handmade items. I'm not posting a review, but a 5 day delivery is pretty awesome considering. Smile

lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 pm

I want to plan a camping trip for next summer, so I want to buy their picket line... it is a pretty expensive drop, but I think I will wait till the spring to get it, since around the holidays seems like a silly time to buy it based on others experiences..... with my recent purchase, I also picked up some Musher's Secret... I love it so much!

Looks like I don't get to go on my little trail hike today like planned, my fiance didn't get out of work in time to go.... so it would seem I get to go on Tuesday instead. Mad 
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Not to hijack or anything, but I made my order on 8/20 and my order shipped 9/4. 2 week turnaround, not including shipping. That's definitely not too bad.

VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 pm

simplify wrote:
Not to hijack or anything, but I made my order on 8/20 and my order shipped 9/4. 2 week turnaround, not including shipping. That's definitely not too bad.
Nice!

When I talked to one of the Alpine Outfitters customer service reps, they told me that they ship in batches. So you must have been lucky and got towards the end of a batch! I had to wait 5 weeks for mine. Or maybe they're just really slow right now.

Anyways, you'll love it!!! Very Happy Juneau started pulling instantly when I put on her on it. She kept getting in front of me though. We'll work on some training in the fall when it's cool.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 pm

I have ordered 3 times from Alpine, and I received all three packages in 5 business days.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:30 pm

A friend of mine is in a fight to get in touch with them, he placed his order more than a month ago now I think.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:11 pm

^ That does suck. Maybe they are hit and miss.

My stuff came in today. I tried everything on and it's all so nice.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt   Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpine Outfitters Musher's Belt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1