It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:58 pm

I like the spelling! And you're right youre gonna tell people her name they aren't gonna read it unless it's off her tag! And you know when people write it they're gonna write keyva anyways lol! I spell Kaia that way cuz I wanted to be different than kaya...but everyone says and spells it wrong...whatever!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 pm

So I've got pictures that I'm currently uploading as well as a video. Unfortunately Caoimhe and Layla were on the other side of the fence so the pics had that in the way... Although the whole time we were there they were following us and there kept playing/fighting with each other. I'll get the pics up in a minute or so followed by the video later. Razz
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:46 pm

hooray!!! I was thinking about you today! How was your visit? Are Arrow n pups outside now??
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Yeah they moved outside on Thursday/Friday, 2 of Roxanne's puppies are already gone so there's only 4 of them now. Here's the pics, excuse the poor quality. Razz

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 DSC00036_zps6024fc68

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 DSC00039_zpsd7472364

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 DSC00038_zps422afd7a

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 DSC00039_zpsd7472364

I also forgot to set the camera for outside, so the video will have a blue glow to it, sorry. :s
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:06 pm

awww they are so cute! Who was gone already?
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Vega and Bellatrix have already left I believe.
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 pm

You must be so excited Cortnie the day is almost here to get them! Good luck sleeping tonight! Lol and obv update pics! Lol
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm in the car on our way home!!! Update and pics tonight Wink
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:25 pm

O_O

You mean she's with you right now? That's so amazing, congratulations once again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Yup! She is currently asleep on my lap Smile thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh didn't check the day that you posted that! I thought it was tomorrow! Good luck with her! Smile
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:37 pm

We shall now hold you hostage for mountains of pictures, mwahaha. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Yay! Pics, pics, pics!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Congrats, the day is here!! Enjoy the sleeping bundle of fur and take LOTS of pictures for those of us who miss when are pups were cute and small!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 pm

ccurran07 wrote:
I'm in the car on our way home!!! Update and pics tonight Wink
My husband's wondering if it seemed to bother Roxanne that her pups are going away. He gets really sad thinking about how Roxanne must feel seeing her pups leave. Did it seem like she's upset about it? I keep telling him it's normal for pups to leave their mom at eight weeks as they become more and more independent and she'll still have Gienah around, but he still wanted me to ask you. Rachel said Roxanne has had one litter before, so she should know what to expect. Smile

Who's left to be picked up? I'm worried we will be the last ones picking up our pup on Wednesday! Also, now that all the litters are out of the house, did Rachel open the dog door again so the dogs in the yard can go in and out of the house at will? I'm hoping for a little bit of Trigger time when we're there. Very Happy 

Can't wait for all the cute pics. I'm anxious to hear how the first night went!
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 am

Honestly, I was really sad too...for Roxanne, the pups and Rachel lol. When I got there Trigger, Yukon and Apache were in the house, so I'm assuming the door is open. Caoimhe was already in there when I arrived because Rachel had given her a bath. I wanted to go outside and see Arrow's pups and Roxanne, Gienah, Layla and Sirius (who doesn't leave til Friday) but I didn't ask because we had to go over paperwork and sign the contracts and things. It was sad to see Rachel say goodbye, so I can't imagine having to take the pups directly from their mom Sad

The first day/night went really well. We got home around 1:30, she slept pretty much most of the time in the car (only about a 45 minute drive). She ate really well and not one accident in the house! The biggest problem I had was trying to get the kids to give her some space because they were so excited. She was my little shadow all night. Not so sure of the leash, as it kinda freaked her out, but she let me put her harness on no problems. She's learned quickly where her bowls are.
I only had to wake up once and take her out. She slept from 8-11:30 had a potty break then went back to sleep until I was up at 4, went potty and hung out till I left for work. I *DO* have one confession though... I let her sleep in bed with me. UGH. I am such a sucker. I felt so bad that she was ripped away from everything she knew and when she cuddled up next to  me I melted into a sappy pool of puppy cuteness. So tonight she will make the transition to her crate....maybe Embarassed  She went in and hung out in it for awhile and chewed on her bully stick on her own so that was great. She had some periodic crying but it was short lived and not very loud. I was glad about that.

Now I'm at work and I miss her! We're going to the vet to get checked out today, so I will let you know how that goes, plus update pictures *I PROMISE*

Last edited by ccurran07 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
li_izumi
Puppy
Puppy
li_izumi

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:44 am

Glad to hear that she is doing well in your house so far. Keep us updated Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:00 am

Yay for her being home and doing so well! I used to make Kaia sleep in te crate over night, he would wake up at like 5-6am and I would let her sleep in my bed until I woke up at like 8-9 and she never had any accidents. So don't feel bad!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:10 am

I really wanted to let my puppy sleep in the bed with me when he was really little, but every time I tried, he thought it was play time and start jumping around, growl-howling at the blankets, and pretty soon start play biting me. Rolling Eyes So, he ended up in his crate, but I did sleep on the floor in front of the crate door for a few days. I too felt bad for him being alone at night for the first time. Now that he's more of a gentleman, I let him sleep in the bed when my hubby travels and he loves it! Don't feel bad at all about letting her sleep in the bed, just work on crate training too and she'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 am

One thing I will say...it was very crowded with two children and a pup in the bed with us lol. Thanks for not making me feel like a sucker guys lol! 
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Cortnie, I loved the update and explanation about the process of picking her up. Still sad that Roxanne and Rachel have to say goodbye but I guess such is life, and who knows? I'm sure they will see each other again soon. Smile It's also great that we as owners of the pups can stay in touch and let the siblings play together too!

Can't wait for the vet update and PICS! Since there are no more updated photos from our litter on the Kennedy Web site I need some way to help get me through the next day and a half or so! Wink

I do still have to make a vet appointment tho. I may make that phone call today or tomorrow if I can ...
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 pm

I remember when I picked up Dizzy, his dam was doing the husky scream. I've never heard anything quite like it, and I felt terrible! There were 5 pups in the litter and 3 had already left. After I took Dizzy, only his brother was left. The puppies were separated from her, and had been for a couple of weeks (Diz was 9 weeks when I brought him home) and were fairly far away from Ava, but somehow she knew another one of her babies was leaving. Sad It was so sad!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Oh no! I'm afraid all this will just make my husband feel worse about separating Layla from Roxanne ... I hope that it'll all subside at least a little, though, once we get her home and marvel at the cuteness! Razz
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Ack, I hope that doesn't happen to us! That would make me feel really guilty. >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!   *UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE *Pups are eight weeks old (10/14) and Caoimhe is home!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next