It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Siku from Wisconsin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
barbianj
Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

Male Join date : 2013-09-28

Siku from Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Hello everyone! Been lurking around a bit, and this seems like a good place to be. My wife decided she wanted a Husky puppy a few months ago, and I didn't think it sounded like a good idea at the time. She started researching and following a litter. This time she asked if we could get a Husky, not a puppy. I guess since our youngest of three boys is 16, she needed another challenge, lol.

Siku was born on 7/13/2013. He just had his second vet visit today, weighing in at 19.2#. Overall, I'd say he is behaving just like a Husky would behave. Finding this forum has helped us sort out what we should and shouldn't do. I'll start a thread when I get a chance, but for now, here's a few pics. Most recent first.

Siku from Wisconsin 2013-10-01144816_zpsa34fd2bc
Siku from Wisconsin 20130927_105426_zps74d8163b
Siku from Wisconsin 20130927_105251_zps2d1534ed
Siku from Wisconsin 20130927_104318_zpsdfe91624
Siku from Wisconsin 20130925_184915_zpsb35ecfc6
Siku from Wisconsin 20130918_085531_zpsb2946738
Siku from Wisconsin 20130914_102234_zps43ce3505
Siku from Wisconsin 2013-09-14104548_zpsc60e1dcd
Siku from Wisconsin 20130912_151101_zps01f12dbb
Siku from Wisconsin 20130904_182507_zpsc52a86a4
Siku from Wisconsin 20130902_182750_zpsbea1bcee
Siku from Wisconsin 20130902_152137_zps3add5709
Siku from Wisconsin 20130831_152912_zps9f88ceca
Siku from Wisconsin 20130831_152737_zpsdf5453c9
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:32 pm

He is so cute! I love the picture of him in the flower pot. Lol.

They are definitely a challenge. Wink Welcome to the forum!

ela_eli
Newborn
Newborn
ela_eli

Female Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome wave Siku is a handsome pup and he has gorgeous eyes! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Great dog! Keep a good sense of humor 'cuz that sittin' in the flower pot thing is just the start of the weird things husky's seam to do. On the other hand, they are tons of fun.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Welcome, so cute! I love the name by the way Wink

Back to top Go down
barbianj
Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Thanks all! The flower pot picture was funny because I had just told him not to dig in there. The phone rang and it was my wife. I glanced over and saw him sitting in the pot. I told him not to dig, but apparently didn't tell him not to sit in the pot.

We picked his name from a list of Inuit words after we had him for a few days. Seemed to fit, and it can be yelled real loud.

I was also impressed by the way a recent post about "disobedience" was handled on this forum. It shows the integrity of the people here. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:55 pm

barbianj wrote:

We picked his name from a list of Inuit words after we had him for a few days. Seemed to fit, and it can be yelled real loud.

We did that too, just looked at a ton of Inuit names and for some reason that just sounded like it would fit. If your Siku is anything like mine, then you will have a little trouble maker on your hands! Smile
Get ready for people to not be able to pronounce it though, everyone that I meet no matter how slow I say it when they repeat it back to me it becomes Siko.

Back to top Go down
barbianj
Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 pm

I kept saying Siko myself for a while, and Kathryn had to keep correcting me. Siku isn't the only one going through training. Rolling Eyes 

I am really surprised how much attention a Husky puppy gets. Everywhere we go people ask to pet him. He is very interested in meeting new people.
Back to top Go down
barbianj
Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 pm

The fourth picture from the bottom is at a new park that just opened a block from our house on Lake Michigan. The salmon are starting to run, and Siku is more than just a little interested in what the fishermen are doing.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:33 pm

barbianj wrote:

I am really surprised how much attention a Husky puppy gets. Everywhere we go people ask to pet him. He is very interested in meeting new people.
Yeah, get used to it, it doesn't go away when they get older either. Everyone either needs to stop and tell you about the husky they once had and how terrible of a dog he was, or they just jump up and down and say how much they want one because of their looks. Normally to those people I tell them that they are terrors and just way to much work, that way I like to think I'm stopping some poor husky from someone who only wants a cute puppy. Haha.

But it looks like your socialization is going great, and that he really gets out to meet people, thats the best thing that you can do! Just make sure to really avoid the high traffic dog areas because of disease, which I'm sure you already know, but just thought I would add in.

His eyes are just beautiful by the way!
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite!
Back to top Go down
barbianj
Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Video at work today.

Siku from Wisconsin Th_20131002_093929_zpsa800aa8b
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Adorable video! I dream of a job where I can take Bode with me. My parents' dog absolutely loves water bottles, Bode has never really seemed to care much about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siku from Wisconsin   Siku from Wisconsin Empty

Back to top Go down

Siku from Wisconsin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1