It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:19 am

Happy belated birthday, Yukon! I can definitely tell you live with a gamer! Here's to many more years to come!

Aidan, good job making it through the first year. More luck to you in the next year, you're not out of the woods just yet my friend...you'll still have a teenager on your hands. Oh wait, nevermind, that'll make two of you!

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:42 am

Happy birthday Yukon! He has grown into such a handsome boy!

As much as I love to see puppies, yes you do have college to pay for! Razz

capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:35 am

Yay, happy birthday, Yukon! You're more handsome than ever before, and you just keep getting handsomer! Aidan, keep up the great work! And don't forget about college ... Wink
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Happy late birthday, Yukon! He has developed wonderfully.

Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Happy birthday yukon!! Im very impressed with you (aidan) and yukin both! Not many teens like you take the responibility like you have. And your doing great! Looking forward to seeing more you yukon and you grow up!!

As for puppy fever... No comment lol. Not going to talk you out of it. Im the wrong person to do that. Me and the fiance got another one a few months ago, kind if a spur of the moment thing lol haha.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Happy birthday, Yukon.

Aidan - a not-so-secret, secret. Use the SAT online questionnaire - my son got all sorts of invitations for free applications as a result.

Also - a lot of community colleges have compacts with 4 yr colleges - if you get the 2 yr degree, they agree to give you full credit for your work and start you as a junior. AND - do well in community college and you very likely can get significant scholarship at the 4 yr. If my son had not been so adamant about getting away from home for college and stayed at the community college another year (he did dual enrollment senior year high school/freshman year college), he would have been eligible for a free ride to complete his engineering program at RIT. Oh, well, he's paying for it now.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
Happy birthday Yukon! He's such a cute pup.

Congratulations for owning raising such a cute dog so far, Aiden! Lol, it's definitely not easy, but there are definitely far more incredible moments with them that completely outweigh the bad ones.

I won't be talking you out of the puppy fever since I wouldn't mind seeing some more puppy pictures on here lol.

Haha thanks! Yeah they can be a handful at times but it's all good at the end of the day!

MiyasMomma wrote:
Happy birthday Yukon!! Such a handsome husky. Such great photos and yes you have to pay for college,lol, a little piece of me wants to see a puppy too. Great job Aidan

Hehehe, well I'll have to see what my financial situation is looking like a year or so down the road... Razz

Huskyluv wrote:
Happy belated birthday, Yukon! I can definitely tell you live with a gamer! Here's to many more years to come!

Aidan, good job making it through the first year. More luck to you in the next year, you're not out of the woods just yet my friend...you'll still have a teenager on your hands. Oh wait, nevermind, that'll make two of you!

It's a gamer's life for us! Now if only I could teach him how to play Super Smash Brothers, then my life would be complete.

Yes, I'll channel his evil teenager energy and combine it with my own to drive everyone around us crazy; and it will be glorious.

simplify wrote:
Happy birthday Yukon! He has grown into such a handsome boy!

As much as I love to see puppies, yes you do have college to pay for! Razz

College... Y u so expensive? ;-;

capellalayla wrote:
Yay, happy birthday, Yukon! You're more handsome than ever before, and you just keep getting handsomer! Aidan, keep up the great work! And don't forget about college ... Wink

All birthday wishes are well received, a cloning machine for college would be nice too though. =D

TwisterII wrote:
Happy late birthday, Yukon! He has developed wonderfully.

Thank you! I'm pretty pleased with how he developed as well and can't wait for him to start filling out.

Ericobeasto wrote:
Happy birthday yukon!! Im very impressed with you (aidan) and yukin both! Not many teens like you take the responibility like you have. And your doing great! Looking forward to seeing more you yukon and you grow up!!

As for puppy fever... No comment lol. Not going to talk you out of it. Im the wrong person to do that. Me and the fiance got another one a few months ago, kind if a spur of the moment thing lol haha.

Thanks, I really do hope that I've learned a thing or two about responsibility since getting Yukon. Although I fear that my parents might disagree with the notion of me being "responsible." xD

The puppy fever is calling, and the only thing holding me back is my wallet. :c

amymeme wrote:
Happy birthday, Yukon.

Aidan - a not-so-secret, secret.  Use the SAT online questionnaire - my son got all sorts of invitations for free applications as a result.

Also - a lot of community colleges have compacts with 4 yr colleges - if you get the 2 yr degree, they agree to give you full credit for your work and start you as a junior.  AND - do well in community college and you very likely can get significant scholarship at the 4 yr.  If my son had not been so adamant about getting away from home for college and stayed at the community college another year (he did dual enrollment senior year high school/freshman year college), he would have been eligible for a free ride to complete his engineering program at RIT.  Oh, well, he's paying for it now.

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to apply to Uconn (no coincidence there whatsoever Rolling Eyes ) and several other Universities that are out-of-state. Although I'm also going to apply to several community colleges. My reasoning is that if I don't get accepted into a 4 year school then I can just transfer from community college anyways which is nice.

Speak of college and puppy fever, I think that maybe if my financial situation is looking good after my freshman year I'll get another dog. However if and only if I can maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher. Nice bit of motivation right there. >:]
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:00 pm

Happy belated Birthday Yukon! I take my hat off to you Aidan, you have done a wonderful job with him - I never could have coped with a sibe puppy at your age like you have! To be fair I barely survived Orion's puppyhood at my age lol

I have always loved his thread of images - here in nz we do not have the working line/show line split that you guys have so I have not come across a full sibe with the structure of Yukon. It has been fascinating from my point of view to see him develop into the dog that he is.

You won't get any discouragement from me in regards to puppy's as I am quietly plotting my next addition hehe

I personally would love to see one of those splash coat pups from Kennedy's grow up on this forum... just saying Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Happy belated birthday, Yukon! Sorry I missed this thread the first time around. He's really blossomed into a handsome dog, Aidan. You've done well Smile

So, you could always do what I did and get the government to pay for college. It's a trade off and you owe some military time afterwards, but I have a master's degree and I've never paid a dime for my post high school education Wink

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:00 pm

GeorginaMay wrote:
Happy belated Birthday Yukon! I take my hat off to you Aidan, you have done a wonderful job with him - I never could have coped with a sibe puppy at your age like you have! To be fair I barely survived Orion's puppyhood at my age lol

I have always loved his thread of images - here in nz we do not have the working line/show line split that you guys have so I have not come across a full sibe with the structure of Yukon. It has been fascinating from my point of view to see him develop into the dog that he is.

You won't get any discouragement from me in regards to puppy's as I am quietly plotting my next addition hehe

I personally would love to see one of those splash coat pups from Kennedy's grow up on this forum... just saying Smile

Thanks for the kind words! It's a shame that you guys don't have a working/show line split, but Yukon does seem to be a lot more long and scraggly than show dogs his age, which I'm sure is his racing line at work.

Maybe we'll have to plot about puppies together since puppy fever seems to be contagious, mwahahaha.

blueeyedghost wrote:
Happy belated birthday, Yukon!  Sorry I missed this thread the first time around.  He's really blossomed into a handsome dog, Aidan.  You've done well Smile

So, you could always do what I did and get the government to pay for college.  It's a trade off and you owe some military time afterwards, but I have a master's degree and I've never paid a dime for my post high school education Wink

I was actually thinking about joining a National Guard to help pay for college. Sadly it probably wont pay for my education entirely. But it will decrease the amount of loans I will need to take out, and I can go to school full time while serving at the same or something like that... :o
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:44 pm

If you are legitimately thinking some sort of military service, please don't hesitate to PM me. I can answer questions, give you advice on career opportunities, and help you find a good recruiter to deal with. That last one is key, it's easy to get screwed if you go to the wrong one. There are tons of good education opportunities out there too.

If you don't mind the thought of 4-5 years service post college as an officer, look at ROTC. They will pay for your entire college, and it gives you a lot of leadership experience that civilian employers absolutely love. Employers will fall over themselves to hire service academy grads, but if you did one of those you wouldn't be able to take Yukon with you.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Okay cool, I might shoot you a pm! My mom doesn't really want me to do it but I want to try and keep all my options open. Although at the same time I'm going to be pretty hesitant about any university that would require me to leave Yukon behind...
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:23 pm

PM anytime. My mom was pretty hesitant when I was your age, but in the end she was really supportive.

Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:38 pm

So I have pictures from Yukon's Neuter appointment, guess I should post them huh?

In the first two pictures he was looking outside and wanted to go and play. D:
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00111

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00211

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00311

He wouldn't stop trying to lick his incision, so I put a cone on him and wrote "Cone of SHAME" on it. Razz
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00411

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00511

The only thing I didn't really like was that they had to shave a patch of fur off to get the IV needle in. It's going to take like 2 months for that to grow back properly...
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00611

Trying to play with his ball (it kept getting stuck in the cone).
Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00711
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:58 pm

oh that leg patch takes forever to grow back in! im also convinced Sierra's hind leg will never match her other leg after they shaved it down to a turkey leg Sad

i love that you wrote cone of shame on the cone! poor guy, hope he leaves his stitches alone soon. good luck keeping him "quite" and on bed rest!

Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Yeah shaved off husky fur is sad, I understand why they did it but I wish that they didn't have to. :c

I also got a couple more pics of Yukon, he likes to stare out the window a lot/nap and doesn't seem to have the same interest in food that he used to, yet... Razz

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00811

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 00911

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 01011
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:30 pm

He'll get his appetite back. The anesthesia really does a number on them. We were lucky that we got to take Layla home the same day as her surgery, but for the rest of that day she was basically a sleeping robot, not really interested in food, had nasty diarrhea, etc., but the next day she was back to normal energy levels, appetite and the rest. I agree, good luck keeping him on "bed rest". Soon he won't remember he just had surgery and will want to go back to running and jumping. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:32 pm

BTW, you should change the subject of the thread to "Achievement Unlocked: Neuter Complete" or somesuch. Wink
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah he is sleeping a lot, but I do think he will get his appetite back in time for dinner since he didn't eat at the vet meaning two days without food. Keeping him in a couch Potato lifestyle might be a challenge though...

Also I'm going to change the title to what you suggested, it's a really good idea imo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Nice! The way you worded it is better than my suggestion, haha.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Awww. Hims looks so sad! Hahaha. Love that you wrote Cone of Shame on the side of it though. I'm sure he'll be back to normal in no time.

MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:56 am

Poor Yukon, Cone of Shame, too funny, but necessary. He'll be doing a lot better in another day or two.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Yeah he's already got his appetite back, it's only a matter of time before he's going to try jumping off walls again. xD
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Aw! he looks so sad i love the cone idea. Im going to go through the same thing with Nala here in a few months so nerve wracking! Does Yukon do well at the vet?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:58 pm

jbealer wrote:
oh that leg patch takes forever to grow back in! im also convinced Sierra's hind leg will never match her other leg after they shaved it down to a turkey leg Sad

i love that you wrote cone of shame on the cone! poor guy, hope he leaves his stitches alone soon. good luck keeping him "quite" and on bed rest!

That just reminded me Jenn - Ami had that patch when we got him. He had been neutered only 2 weeks before. I could see that all winter long but now that you bring it up - it's gone. So...hang in there, it should come back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!   Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yukon's Adventures! Achievement Unlocked, Neuter status acquired!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11