It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

X-Back wanted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:27 am

Snoopy is almost 18 months old (on the 20th!) so I'd figure I'd ask to see if anybody has an x-back they don't need anymore. I don't know what measurements I need yet, as I haven't actually looked it up yet, but I figured I'd look for a second hand before I bought a brand new one. I'm not picky about colors, neither is Snoopy haha He's color-blind anyways Very Happy

Just lemme know!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:31 am

I have an assortment, let me know what kind of measurements you get and I'd be happy to check what I have Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:54 am

Thanks! I'll try to measure him when I get home. Now I'm off to look up how!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:12 am

The extras I have are Nordkyn- here's their measurement chart

http://www.nordkyn.com/fit.htm

You'll want a neck and tail measurement
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:25 am

Alpine outfitters still has a garage sale going on i think. I just bougjt koda one of his size for 18.50 including shipping.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 pm

It looks like his neck is 22" and his tail is 28", approximately. He was VERY wiggly about being measured for some reason lol I eventually got him to stand still enough to do a decent measurement but he just wasn't have it for his "stand" command...

I saw that Eric! I didn't have much time to browse through it though. I gotta go pick up a lamp from my great aunt now but I'll try to check back later!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:22 pm

The garage sale link is broken but at the top of this thread I posted a list of what all they're selling off.
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t11730-alpine-outfitters-garage-sale-still-going-on

For the alpine harnesses the first measurement is the neck, then the chest to tail,but you'll need to measure his last rib to base of tail for the third one.
Blue 21 x 28 LR 16.5 $10.00 may fit.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm afraid that might be to small, I don't want him to be uncomfortable in it. He hates having harnesses put on since I already have to wiggle them around to get his fur out of the way so they rest properly haha I will keep that in mind though if Lani doesn't have something, so thank you! I might measure Nunya and get one for him too... Maybe I can convince my mom to give him a job.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm

dahowlers wrote:
I'm afraid that might be to small, I don't want him to be uncomfortable in it. He hates having harnesses put on since I already have to wiggle them around to get his fur out of the way so they rest properly haha I will keep that in mind though if Lani doesn't have something, so thank you! I might measure Nunya and get one for him too... Maybe I can convince my mom to give him a job.
Just remember to measure, measure, and remeasure. A harness too big will go over the tail and hug on the hips, and press in on the soft parts of their sides behind the ribs. Link's is very snug and fits him perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Are you close to Waukesha? If so A-1 (AKA LDL) pet supply has them on a rack and you can try them on for a correct fit. They only have Ultra-paws and Ikon harness they are all about thirty dollars plus tax.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:35 pm

I'll probably measure him again once I'm home, before I finalize anything. Just to be sure! My sister is babysitting him for me while I'm at a friend's.

$30 is to much for me, I'm really cheap haha Alpine Outfitters new custom measured harnesses are only $21 before tax.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Caitlin- I Sent you a PM Smile
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Just an update in case Lani doesn't have one, Snoopy's neck is between 26" and 28", closer to 28", with his tail measurement being 30"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X-Back wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Back wanted   X-Back wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

X-Back wanted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1