It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Cruel or Cute?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 am

Cruel or Cute? Husky11

I saw this picture on Instagram just now and it TERRIFIED ME. What if he falls off? What if the dog is scared? What if what if what if?

I know there are MANY things we don't know. A few things being that we don't if this guy is a professional athlete, if he is a trainer, how fast he is going, etc. But he's not wearing a shirt (dangerous) or a helmet (extremely dangerous) and to force an animal to ride along without without any protection is what I consider to be cruelty to animals.

What do you guys think? Cruel or cute?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Cute if staged (which i imagine and hope it is), cruel and stupid if someone actually attempted this at speed. I used to have a shepherd/border collie mix that would sit on the back of my motorcycle and was very well balanced but I would never attempt any speed over a slow roll around the driveway with her on the back. She couldn't hold on properly and didn't understand lean dynamics.

Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:16 pm

My guess would definitely be Staged or Photoshopped like Twister said. Take a look at the grass, the road, and the background in general. It's either fake or someone has a really really bad camera. At which case why isn't the image super blurry? (Obviously there's noise, but it's not as blurry as it should be if they're going fast or even moving at all...)

Also I don't think that a dog could stay balanced on a bike like that for so long (clearly he's on a highway of some kind, so he was probably on the road for awhile going at a considerable speed.) Also like you stated he's not wearing a shirt or helmet and he's using flip-flops. Not to mention that it's probably illegal (or at least shady enough to get pulled over) and he would have to have been doing it for a long time if it was real to achieve that level of balance and coordination in the first place, so why hasn't he been busted by a cop yet?

So once again, I'd say that it's fake and harmless. xD
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Plus you can see the brakes and spokes on the front wheel, so its definitely not moving. Smile
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:00 pm

In this case, it looks staged to me as well.  

I get a hoot out of the bikers who bring their dogs to rallies though.  That said, the dogs usually appear more restrained and safe when I have seen it personally more like in the pic below.  

Cruel or Cute? 52595304
Back to top Go down
CaliaKisses
Puppy
Puppy
CaliaKisses

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Doesn't look Photoshopped to me, just saved in a format that limits the color detail (thus why the grass is funky looking). Plus blurriness does not dictate lack of movement, only that they were using a faster camera speed such as what is done in vadering. Plus the angle of the tail dictates that there is some airflow pushing it.

Just because laws and commonsense dictates how things should be, doesn't mean that everyone follows it. I just hope that they are not going at a speed that could cause serious injury should something happen.
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I saved the picture using a weird program, it definitely looked like your standard camera phone pic when I took it. I looked at the guy's instagram and he definitely didn't seem too intelligent (spelling and such) so I'm not sure how skilled he would be at photoshop. I know I'm making a crude generalization in saying that, but oh well. I think it was taken by a friend who was riding in a car next to the bike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Lets ask Mythbusters and see if Adam and Jamie can duplicate the results!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Stupidly cruel if the pic is real. Plus he is stupid also for riding on the highway in flip flops, no shirt, shorts, and while I'm on my high horse no helmet. Did I miss anything?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:23 pm

Hughie wrote:
Lets ask Mythbusters and see if Adam and Jamie can duplicate the results!
Yes! lol! 

Puppy
Puppy
barbianj

Male Join date : 2013-09-28

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Plus he is stupid also for riding on the highway in flip flops, no shirt, shorts, and while I'm on my high horse no helmet.
Exactly my first thought. It's called squid for a reason.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Meh, still think it's fake. If it was real then the dog would've fallen off a long time ago riding like that... ._.
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:07 am

AMB wrote:
Meh, still think it's fake. If it was real then the dog would've fallen off a long time ago riding like that... ._.

Not necessarily:

I would guess that it's real. Very real and very stupid.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Okay then I guess it is possible, and I'm sitting here feeling rather silly right now. Although to be fair they did say in the video that the dog had to fall off to get the idea, so I'm willing to bet that the same thing happened in this scenario... Neutral

I didn't know that people like this existed, I always thought that we were smarter than this. >:c
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:00 pm

My guess would be staged who would ride a motorcycle with flip flops.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Personally, I don't think it's fake unfortunately. The image is low quality but it looks like it was a screenshot from a video or a .GIF image off the internet. You can also see on the bottom right corner the edge of a side view mirror from somebody who was probably riding along side taking video/pictures.

As far as the guy riding a motorcycle with flip flops, no shirt, and no helmet, well... I've seen people do some pretty stupid things.

Although, I really do hope this is safe as this is not safe for either dog or human.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Cruel or Cute? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruel or Cute?   Cruel or Cute? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:40 pm

So the image is on ifunny now, guess it's going viral... :s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cruel or Cute? Empty