It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

A husky attacked my cousin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

A husky attacked my cousin Empty
PostSubject: A husky attacked my cousin   A husky attacked my cousin EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:26 pm

So my brother's best friend has a husky. It was his birthday, so my brother and two cousins when up to celebrate.

Apparently, they went out and came back home around 2am. My female cousin (who's met the dog plenty of times) went upstairs to use the restroom, and apparently the dog woke up, she bent down to pet him, and then he attacked her face.

She went to the ER and had to get 17 stitches. His teeth cut underneath her eye (if it was less than an inch higher, he would have gotten her eye), and her bottom lip. She looks BAD. I'd post a picture here, but she asked that I not show anyone.

I've spoken to the owner of the dog before, and he's said that his dog is calm, loving, quiet, etc. Both he and my cousin said that they know the attack was a freak accident, that the dog was probably startled from being woken up in the middle of the night.

But they're probably going to have to put the dog down. My brother said that he has bitten other people twice before. I don't know if they're legally obligated to or what.

This absolutely sucks. Not only for my cousin, but for the dog owner and the dog, as well. I'm so heartbroken for everyone.

*spills some for our fallen husky brethren*
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: A husky attacked my cousin   A husky attacked my cousin EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Oh no. Sad

I think if the dog has already bitten people before, they may have no choice, but I honestly have no idea how that works. I'm so sorry to both your cousin and the dog owner.

VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: A husky attacked my cousin   A husky attacked my cousin EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 pm

That's a shame. :l She is lucky to have both of her eyes still.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but if the dog has bit people in the past, then it probably wasn't a freak accident. I do understand being startled in the middle of the night though. I see both sides. I'm heartbroken too.

In TX, I think the dog is forced to be put down after biting 3 people (and it's on the dog's record). Sad Sad day.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A husky attacked my cousin   A husky attacked my cousin EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 pm

If it's okay, under what circumstance were the other bites? My old dog is aggressive towards children. We've had multiple occasions where he has stalked and attempted to attack, but knowing what sets the dog off is key in protecting the people that come in his home. If the dog has a known record I feel it kinda falls back on the owner to warn and contain his dog when an issue is possible to arise. Perhaps letting the cousin know that he's cranky when woken. Especially coming in at night if maybe she's only met the dog during the day. We always have parents pick up small children when they come to our house and to never bend down to eye level with him regardless of how many times they've met the dog. During the day he's a pet but at night he's a watch dog and we always advise to never approach the house after dark unless we are outside. If reports on the dog has been filed with each bite then it maybe too late. It all depends on the law of the area. Sometimes going through a behavior modification class is an option if the dog can pass and prove the aggression has been taken care of.

Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: A husky attacked my cousin   A husky attacked my cousin EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:39 pm

I don't know what any of the other circumstances were or what the dog history is. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A husky attacked my cousin   A husky attacked my cousin EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:49 pm

This is a sad situation for everyone involved. But I do have to agree with everyone saying if the dog has attacked more then once, then it's def not ok.

I hope everything works out well for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A husky attacked my cousin   A husky attacked my cousin Empty

Back to top Go down

A husky attacked my cousin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1