It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Yesterday we were at the dog park, and Siku's safe spot is of course behind my legs because mommy will save him from his mean brother. Well he comes over and hides behind me and Nikolai full speed knocks into my ankle that I badly sprained a couple of weeks ago, and now the swelling is back in full force all just to tackle his brother who no longer wanted to be played with.

Then last winter they did it again on ice and I fell pretty hard on my butt, that was bruised for a couple of days.

A couple of days ago, I bent down to give Siku a kiss as I normally do in the morning, and he knocked right into my nose leaning up to lick me. That was painful, and bloody but you can't get mad at him since he was trying to kiss me back!

Lastly which happens quite a bit, Nikolai doesn't care who is on the couch when he gets zoomies, so he often uses any part of my body to push off or jump on while I'm laying on the couch, and at the same time scratching me quite a bit with his claws or potentially causing internal bleeding.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Aw! Siku sounds so sweet. On the flip side of things, Dizzy frequently bangs his head into stuff poor guy.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Of the four dogs I've had in my household over the years only one truly injured me...multiple times. Willow has head butted me twice, once ramming my glasses so hard she cut the corner of my eye. She ran into the side of my knee and popped my knee cap out and has tripped me on several occasions. Dakota took my legs out from under me once when he was on a tie out but it didn't really injure me, just made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Jack got me good sunday afternoon. head butt to the right side of my face, bruise on my upper lip, bite marks on my lower lip and one hell of a headache. i was on the floor crying, im a tough ass normally but man that brought me down.

PSA: Don't go to hug your dog when they are worked up for a walk!
I leaned over to hug Jack right as he decided to jump on the sofa to get his leash on.

and its the same side of my mouth that i need a crown put in on Wed. hope it heals up some by then!

Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:33 am

Sheba and I were messing around, and when she gets really excited she "woo woos" at herself and runs in circles and jumps on and off the bed. We were wooing at each other and I'd jump to her and she'd jump backwards, then she'd jump to me and I'd back up. Well, she got too excited to run in circles and took off into the living room. I followed behind her as she bounded off the chair and slammed right into my shin. Knocked me down and broke my toe. Also got a nice cut from her tooth wacking me on her way back into the bedroom. Bwahh..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:37 pm

That's a big ouchy...damn dog leaped and nipped my left nipple The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 1625187496 . Broken skin bite marks. Explain that one to the husband. Never, ever play soccer with a husky that needs some exercise!
Back to top Go down
tdmoore44
Newborn
Newborn
tdmoore44

Male Join date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:02 am

Took Deacon to our friends house for the super bowl to play with their puppy. They are the same age. The puppies were getting a little out of hand so I picked Deacon up to calm their play a little. Deacon then swung his head up and got me right above my left eye. Left a deep gash on my left eye brow.
Back to top Go down
manleydt
Newborn
Newborn
manleydt

Male Join date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:09 am

Haha. So I was at a park this weekend and Okami is new to other people and dogs so he's super excited. At some point this guy came running [ast me and Okami porceeds to to try and chase him. I say "Okami come here" as I kneel over to him to pat his head and he reels around and headbutts me square in the nose. Boom!!

Haha, I spent the next five minutes checking the water coming out of my nose in case it was blood. Cause truth be told I'm also single and didn't want to look bad while I'm exercising with Okami. Just saying. I think Okami did it on purpose dammit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Order of the Purple Dog Turd   The Order of the Purple Dog Turd - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Order of the Purple Dog Turd

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2