It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Paleo Lifestyle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 11:46 am

Grain and dairy is what kills me. I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me I can't have bread or cereal or cheese. Cheese is what I tend to see slipped into pinterst paleo-like recipes the most. Cauliflower substitute mashed potatoes are actually pretty good too. And that's coming from someone who grows real potatoes every year for the soul purpose of mashed potatoes.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Did l catch that right? Just had a baby? Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 12:53 pm

I know exactly what you mean, I love m cereal lol. Well I think once in awhile cheese bread ECT isn't going to kill you just don't gorge yourself on it right haha. That does sound good!

Haha yes you did, Thank you Amy!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Losing 40 lbs in 6 weeks?! How is this even remotely possible unless this is related to having the aforementioned baby? Is this amount from before the birth or after? That kind of weight loss, if after the birth, cannot possibly be healthy.

I don't do the Paleo diet thing so I can't help with that but those numbers scare me. After my second was born I joined a program and went from 144 lbs (post baby) down to 110 lbs over the course of 6 months. This was all by educating ourselves on the health value of foods, making smarter choices and getting more active. We never dieted, just substituted healthier ingredients in the foods we already ate and nothing (i.e. no food) was off the table. In fact we are encouraged to have a splurge day approximately once a week, helps us keep on track and doesn't negatively impact our overall progress.

Good luck with it and I hope your weight loss slows down tremendously.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:07 pm

I should probably clarify what I mean by "splurge day". By that I mean we can eat whatever we want, not stuff ourselves to the point of exploding.

Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:18 pm

As unbelievable as that sounds I really have lost 40 pounds lol. I was at 217(way too heavy for my 5'2 fram) at the end of my pregnancy, I had my baby( who was 7.8pounds) and I was weighed at 6 weeks at 177lbs. I am eating, not starving myself in anyway, so I really don't know.
Slow is better I understand, I go for a hour ish walk a day with miya and i'd like to replace my meals with healthier ingredients, exactly. I was at one point 120 and I would love to get down to that again.
I know what you mean with the splurge day, my cousins are on this "diet" now and they look amazing, and just the other day she was telling me how she eats so healthy all week a cheese enchilada wasn't going to kill her lol
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Okay, so if the 40 lbs included the baby, placenta, water weight, etc then that is normal & healthy. It would not be normal if you weighed that after having the baby and lost it over 6 weeks. That's what I wanted to clarify. The average person gains like 25 lbs during pregnancy and usually it is gone not long after birth, for me in the first week or two...it's not all instant.

I am in my 3rd pregnancy now and eating right and my Dr is actually surprised by my LACK of weight gain. She's actually asked me if I am having trouble eating! Oh I am eating quite well, just healthy and walking twice a day. I stopped the aerobic exercise after the 1st trimester. I am 23 weeks now, have a sizable bump (strangers can tell it's a baby & not fat) and have only gained 6.5 lbs. My lack of weight gain has not affected baby, she's been measuring perfectly in the ultrasounds. I gained a lot more in both previous pregnancies before I started eating healthier.

Yep, I typically save my splurge days for eating out. When I go out to dinner I like to get whatever I'm in the mood for and not worry about ingredients or picking a tiny platter or off the healthier/low calorie part of the menu...honestly, where's the fun in that?!

Senior
Senior
GravityM

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Right, yeah that would be way to fast haha I think I gained about 40 :/ I was just eating everything, granola bars and I was drinking milk, off it now. I ate pretty healthy, except for the occasional ice cream cone.
I was extremely swollen though, like my feet and legs. This was my first pregnancy, by the third trimester i could hardly get up the stairs lol! if you can exercise do it!

My mom said that she gained less weight the second and third time she got pregnant, not sure why that is, so maybe you won't get too big which is great haha.
CONGRATS on having a little girl Smile
Haha right, I like to have my lamb chops with the potatoes please!

Just looking for some healthy recipes, I'm going to the store later today was trying to get some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm

I gained a lot more my second pregnancy but with him I was constantly wanting sweets. My first & third pregnancies (both girls) I preferred salty foods.

Yep, I'm a meat & potatoes type gal too.

In addition to the healthy recipes, educate yourself on product labeling and what is healthier. So many products have very deceiving labeling that can throw off the uneducated shopper. Like things made with grains versus things made with whole grains as a simple example. Being made with grains not as healthy as being made with whole grains for example. Little things add up to make a big difference in health.

Newborn
Newborn
Stihl1816

Female Join date : 2016-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Absolutely go buy Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo! I don't eat strict paleo, but there are a ton of really great recipes and spice blends you can make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paleo Lifestyle   Paleo Lifestyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paleo Lifestyle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3