It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:44 pm

$3,800 donated towards the vet so far! Absolutely amazing! He will most likely need another day in the O2 chamber but everyone seems optimistic Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Hear anything about his vison?
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 pm

I am so happy to see that $ amount! We all know too well what it's like when they walk in with that estimate sheet in their hand and see that outrageous number on the bottom line. It would be a beautiful thing if that whole cost could be covered. Praying he doesn't lose his vision and gets stronger everyday.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:14 pm

So thankful that people can come together to help out with this! I can't imagine the relief this has created for these people - losing your house is bad enough, they don't need to lose a member of their family, too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:28 pm

This warms my heart how people are pulling together to help out this guy and his family in their time of need.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:44 am

I love you Thank you to all the forum members donating and sharing! I love having a community of people that support each other so strongly. You all make me proud to be a part of this place.

Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Sam (hollywoodhuskies) wrote:
The family would like to thank you all for your messages and support! Nanuk's mom and dad both broke down crying at your best wishes and generosity. The two little boys hugged me and thanked me. That thanks gets passed onto all of you!

Nanuk is still stable, it appears he can see, he's breathing on his own and they're taking him out on potty breaks. The vet staff say he's a sweet boy! His face is very swollen and is getting treatment. His burns need constant dressing changes but they are still stable. The change from yesterday to today feels like a miracle.

Nanuk's mom sat down after tonight's visit and sighed deeply. She said that this is the first moment they've been able to relax because it appears he's on be mend. Dad said it's the first moment he hasn't wanted to cry.

I'm sharing some sweet pictures from the visit. It was definitely an amazing and emotional night seeing Nanuk doing so well. In the one picture, the littlest boy sighed deeply and said "I love Nanuk so much". That is what this is all about.

Sasha (Nanuk's sister) and their little boy practicing "sit"
Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1606895_1449308945297794_1479190607_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1511294_1449308965297792_1184468637_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 2531_1449309005297788_1669733633_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1520658_1449309035297785_1511178294_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1512800_1449309061964449_1092334183_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1010472_1449309085297780_841602140_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1013379_1449309101964445_1202579286_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1515032_1449309125297776_718193079_n

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Hear anything about his vison?

As of right now, he still has sight! Smile

ETA: $4500 raised as of last night with more donations pouring in!

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:13 pm

That is so awesome!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Do you know about how much needs to be raised to cover all the costs?
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Those pictures make me so happy to see him so happy to see his family!! Through all of that, he still keeps his happy huskyness!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:59 pm

I had someone message me on Facebook because they saw I shared Nanuk's story, and they wanted to donate all of the care credit to Nanuk <3 It's so amazing to see people pull together like this. Hopefully the clinic he's at accepts it.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Do you know about how much needs to be raised to cover all the costs?

As he is still at the vet, there is no firm total, but original estimates were $6000.

Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Bumping! Anyone who can donate!! or Share!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Husky Nanuk, burned in fire wrote:
Update on Nanuk: spoke to Dr Son at ACC and she reported that his lungs are getting better, he still coughs up soot.
He has burn on the area over his eyes and that big burn on his back. The skin is complety burned, there is no hair and the skin has turned black now. They're applying a topical antibiotic that is soothing.
The burned skin is still attached, and they hope skin underneath grows. The risk is that if it doesn't peel off over time, it will need to be surgically debrided. If it does peel off, they will need to put special bandage on it - because there is exposed flesh. He's very tender over his eyes and over the back area, so it's best he stays in medical boarding for the next few days. The good news is that the cost goes down dramatically, to just a couple hundred a day.

Nanuk needs about another $1000 so that his parents can check out with a $0 bill and get that $1500 back on their credit card. They did pay a separate $500 when we first rushed him in. I'm hoping we can get them the additional donations before he checks out. He will need ongoing care after that, which I will get an estimate for a little closer to discharge day.

The family has been going through the ashes and cataloging their things. An inspector took paint samples, which will determine if they can salvage anything. They're still waiting to hear back from the insurance adjuster but the community has pulled together. A very nice lady dropped off boxes of groceries and dog food last night at 11 pm and a sweet little girl came by with a homemade card for Nanuk. Warning : don't read in public unless you're ok with people seeing you cry. I started crying when Nanuk's mom showed it to me. While she showed it to me, an older couple walked up and pressed a $50 check into the mom's hand. Everyone hugged. This community has become a family, and that includes you. Thank you all for what you've done!

Please keep sharing for Nanuk, it's a huge relief to his mom and dad! The website is
http://www.accla.net/pay-online. When the website asks for the account # it is: 10032123
Thanks!Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1517531_1450347831860572_1224030921_nDonation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 1506432_1450347951860560_890134798_n

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:58 am

Just catching up, thank you for sharing the updates! Busy weekend trying to help Nanuk's family, helping my friend who broke her leg by walking her dog and helping run the rescue for our founder who had a death in the family (Man, bad luck comes in threes!) Thank you all, I've loved reading through this thread and our husky family is strong! So many husky avatars on Nanuk's FB page!

I know how you feel about being so upset, Tori, it's hit so close that hubby and I are alternating being home and are terrified to leave the dogs. I'm lucky to work from home but that may be just making it worse when I have to leave them. We put a fire extinguisher on the porch, added more fire detectors and we already have one of those stickers with how many dogs inside. Weirdly enough, I had thought to add the third dog a few weeks ago since we've had fosters for the past few months.

My teen foster husky was chomping at the bit to go explore the neighborhood, so I walked up and down our block umpteen times rather than leave the block. Turns out it was likely an electrical issue, so I'm also unplugging everything and planning to have the outlets checked.

Their landlord has been so helpful and sweet, he even put up a banner on the fence that all the neighbors have been reading and sharing. Here's my foster Chance with the banner, showing support for Nanuk.
Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 15208210

Thank you all again for your support. Nanuk's mom has been trying to post updates on her phone since all the electronics can't be salvaged and is having issues so I'm sending their love and gratitude to you all! Thank you for sharing, it's been a huge help!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Nanuk's mom wants to thank you all!

A message from Nanuk's Mom Doris
(btw, I misspelled Nanook when setting the FB page but it was too late to change since so many had kindly shared it so fast!):

"Nanook is our sweet baby of almost 2 years in April. I can't begin to express our sincere thanks and heartfelt gratitude to everyone that has helped us. Thank you to our neighbors for calling 911 and helped to get my dogs out by yelling out, "dogs inside!, dogs inside!", to the LA Fire Department that fought for him to get oxygen in him, when some thought he was gone. To City of Angels Veterinary Specialty Center, for taking him in and giving him a chance to fight for his life. To all of YOU that have been keeping him in your prayers, your encouraging words, and giving monetary donations to be able to keep him in great care. To the person who created the page for Nanook (Nanuk), its amazing to see such blessing of support that you have created, bless all of YOU! And mainly our Lord up above, to give him the strength to keep him fighting for his life. He deserves it!!! He is a sweet boy that would greet and give kisses to everyone. He was also a magician... he could get out of anything! ... and he did. Also, despite that we had a short fence in our yard , he had the KIND HEART of NOT jumping over and escaping! He is truly a loving husky. These passed few days have been truly an experience I would not want to wish on anyone. But him getting better brings our family hope.
Again, sending paw hugs to each and everyone. Please know I won't forget your kind gesture. Thank you again from the bottom of our heart. It's because of you that he is still with us!

Also, thank you so much ECO DOG WASH / DAYCARE and STAFF for having my two girls with you. They couldn't be in a better place than with you guys!

Sincerly,
PERAZA FAMILY"

You guys are so awesome, thank you all so much! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Any update on nanook?
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:44 am

Hi guys! I wanted to update you guys on Nanuk and share an awesome tribute to everyone that helped him - like YOU guys! Smile Thank you again for sharing and donating. Tori, I appreciate you putting it up on IAHT to get the word out and following his story! The husky family is strong and we're all overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you again! The best part is that he's doing GREAT and so, so happy!

Nanuk's story - with a special video at the end:
http://www.chippmunk.com/nanuk
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:17 am

Thank you for such a lovely update Smile The site for him and the video showing his journey is just wonderful - I have to admit when I saw the wee clip of him giving kisses to the firefighters I burst into tears! It is so very touching Smile stories like this one always restores my faith in people a little, so nice that so many care  I love you 
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks for the update! Loved it! That part of him with the fire fighters got me a little also lol.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 am

Ok, thanks for ruining my makeup first thing in the morning.

Faith in humanity restored. I am so glad we have members like this. Samira, you're the best.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 am

Thank you for sharing this update. So glad he is doing good. Most definitely perked my morning up.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:28 pm

yep, crying mess at my desk! its such a touching and heartwarming story! great job Sam! and its so good to see him home now.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Oh goodness, balling at my desk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat   Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Donation Support for Nanuk: Chat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next