It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Accident/miracle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jess
Newborn
Newborn
Jess

Female Join date : 2010-05-09

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm

So, Lola has found a way to escape out of our fenced in area... Saturday the dogs were out playing. My fiance was watching them through the window. Lola got out and Kobey followed. She ran across our very busy street and thankfully made it...Kobey followed and was hit.. He was screaming,lying on the ground and my fiance ran out and picked him up.. I had no idea what was going on,as I was inside..until I heard him screaming. He ran with him and put him in the car. Thankfully Lola ran back to me. The lady that hit him felt awful. All we wanted to do was leave to rush him to the vet and everyone around was only concerned about calling the police. I told the lady, "well pay for your car, you know where we live, we just have to go!" Thankfully, he seemed very alert in the car. He wasn't bleeding very badly at all... I was mostly worried about what was going on inside of him.. I had called the vet ahead of time so they took him in right when we got there. This was one of the worst moments I have ever had. This dog is my everything and I had no idea if he was going to make it. We were taken into a room while we waited. We could hear him crying. A very nice assistant came in to say to us, "do you hear him? He's talking because he doesn't want to be alone." I was so relieved. He was doing fine. They did xrays and found that he had nothing broken, only a sprained shoulder. They kept him back there for a bit, and the assistant came back in to let us know that he was doing great and that they actually had to make a concoction so that he couldn't get out; he kept opening the doors (he has mastered the push down handles) because he didn't want to be alone.
I have never been so happy as when I saw him come walking out on his own, limping, but still walking.
How lucky we are that he made it..
The police officer that came to our house the following day was absolutely amazed that he made it through this..after $1000 worth of damage to her car (which I'm not looking forward to paying).

I don't know how this 48lb dog made it through this accident but I am so unbelievably thankful..

This is him the day after..[img]Accident/miracle IMG_0211[/img]
Back to top Go down

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 pm

I am so glad he is OK! I know how you feel, Koda has gotten out a few times (nephew leaving door open, dumb kids at the dog park leaving gate open..) and it is so scary, he goes in the street a lot so I'm shocked he has never been hit. If I saw him get hit I'd freak, that's crazy he only had his shoulder injured.
What kind of damage happened to the lady's car?
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:35 pm

OMG. I'm so glad he's going to be OK. My first husky got out and was hit by a car, too - I will never forget that feeling of sheer panic and worry. Sam (my dog) had to have pins put into his (shattered) front legs and wear the cone of shame for several weeks. :-( It was a long road to recovery, but he made it.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Wow im so glad he is ok after all that!
how come you have to pay for the car damage? i mean if it were some kid she hit there would be damage to her car and she would be getting a ticket and paying for it herself? would her car ins. pay to fix the car?
guess you need to secure your yard better...

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Oh I'm so happy he's okay! $1000 could be A LOT worse, but I totally understand being upset about everything, let alone having to pay money. How did they get out? Do you know so you can fix it?

ETA: Jenn... my guess is leash laws. Even though it was an accident, she was in violation of the law for not having a leashed animal. I would have offered to split the damage if I were the driver, but that's me. If I could have avoided it any better, I might offer to pay all, but again- that's my conscience Smile

Accident/miracle Hailey10

Last edited by Koda on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:36 pm

OMG POOR BABY!!! I'm so so so so HAPPY that's he's ok and only has a sprained shoulder. He definitely had an Angel watching over him! =) Like you said, Mya is my everything, and I don't know what I would do if something ever happened to her!!!

You must be so relieved!!! wow, HORRIBLE experience for you and your fiance!
Back to top Go down
Jess
Newborn
Newborn
Jess

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Thank you guys!
I am not too sure what got damaged exactly, but I believe she needs a whole new front bumper. She's calling with details later on, she called today to tell us how much, but I guess she was to busy to give details.
Yes, I have no idea what I would do if he didn't make it..I truly had no idea it was possible for me to love an animal so much until I took him home.
Yes, we have to pay because of the leash law. Wish we were able to see the damage. She could have easily had damage to her car earlier and got away with blaming it on him. We saw tire tracks from her going over the curb into the parking lot across the street. Who knows, she may have damaged it doing that..
He did see how they got out and we're surprised because that has never happened. So I guess they need to be walked from now on until we can find a way to fix it. It's not a great fence..it was just a temporary until next year.
It amazed me how much this affected Lola. She obviously saw this accident and she had a VERY difficult night after we brought him home. She wouldn't eat anything (and she LOVES food), she wouldn't get up, just laid there, even when we tried bringing her outside, her ears stayed flat down and they're always perked up, she was shaking and just looked so awful.
She's back to normal now, thankfully.
I'm so happy and lucky to be able to end this story with a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:16 pm

so glad he came out okay! what a lucky boy!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 pm

So glad Kobey came out of this OK! It amazes me how leash laws are broken daily by those who know their dogs are getting out & just don't care, with no consequences, and your dogs get out of a fence accidentally, and you're slapped with the cost of repairs to a vehicle. Sad...
If I hit a dog, I'd be offering to pay the dog owner's bill, not worrying about my car.
Glad he's ok, and hopefully they'll be so afraid of the street, they stay away from it if they get away again...
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:43 pm

amykmac wrote:

If I hit a dog, I'd be offering to pay the dog owner's bill, not worrying about my car.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!! I'm like geez I would have literally asked you to get in my car (messed up bumper and all) with your doggie and rush to your vet!!!!! The doggie is so much more important than the stupid car!
Back to top Go down
Jess
Newborn
Newborn
Jess

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Unfortunately we lied about having him, because the homeowners insurance would have went up ALOT and we just can't afford that right now with me being in school full time. Otherwise, yeah they would cover it. So, yes it's my fault that we have to pay.
It's funny..Right after the lady hit him she was only concerned about Kobey. She immediately said she would pay for the bill. We didn't exchange names or numbers, as we were in a huge rush to get to the vet, but I wasn't worried because she knew where we lived. I was happy because she was so nice, figured maybe we would leave it at that..we pay the vet bill and she pay the car (didn't think there was that much damage because Kobey was okay) The next day a police man came to our house to get info and said, "well, I don't know how you want to go about paying this but there's quit some damage." So I guess she changed her mind..
Yeah..If I hit a dog, the last thought in my mind would be calling the police and thinking about my car.

By the way..not sure what I did but on someone's comment I clicked on the + sign on the top right, wondering what it was.. So if it was something bad, sorry! Still have no idea what it is.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Jess wrote:
By the way..not sure what I did but on someone's comment I clicked on the + sign on the top right, wondering what it was.. So if it was something bad, sorry! Still have no idea what it is.
Oh grr. I still have yet to write up a sticky about those. That's the "treating" system. When you feel that someone has provided helpful advice, or perhaps they said something funny, you can click the plus sign on the right of their post to give them "a treat." Treats are reputation points. Conversely, if they say something stupid or give bad advice, you can take away a treat. After you do this, the bar will become red or green (negative and positive respectively) to indicate that you've "treated" that person. If someone else has "treated" the person, you'll see the color, but will still be able to hit the plus or minus sign.

Accident/miracle Hailey10
Back to top Go down
TattooedBeauty
Newborn
Newborn
TattooedBeauty

Female Join date : 2011-07-04

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Omg I'm so happy for you that he is ok!! That's always been one if my biggest fears! Jacobs collar broke one day while I was wal king him and he ran.right into a main 4 lane avenue during rush hour traffic (he was chasing a leaf...) I screamed his name over n over till I.got him to look at me and then I ran.in the opposite direction right into.my backyard. He chased me, and tackled me as soon as I stopped running I grabbed him.n hugged him and cried. Luckily I was right by a street light and it was red when.he ran into the street but I thought I was going to.lose him. That day
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/jacquelineleanalopez
Sponsored content

Accident/miracle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accident/miracle   Accident/miracle Empty

Back to top Go down

Accident/miracle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1