It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jzHernandez77
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-11-18

My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  Empty
PostSubject: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:07 pm

He was perfect in his crate until now he dosn't even stand up half the tome he just does its very frustrating i need help his 4 months and Old on a raw diet i started feeding him inside his crate but i need more help with this
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 pm

My first question is how long are you leaving him in his crate?
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:21 pm

If it just started and he wasn't doing it before maybe you need to look at medial causes. Give your vet a call? Or just don't leave him alone as long.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
jzHernandez77
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:55 am

He is in his crate the majoriry of the time due to the fact that i have carpet but i do take him out every few hours after he pees and poops for play time and he gets more then enough exercise he didnt just start randomly he would have his occasional accidents but it was my fault for not getting to him on time but he has never had so many accidents in one day , its like if he thinks he can go in his crate
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 am

Dogs can co-exist with carpet. If you're only taking him out after he pees and poops for playtime, he is doing it so he can have some freedom. You're essentially rewarding his behavior. Dogs need more exercise and interaction than just every few hours.
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:20 am

Well unfortunately, If you were too late too many times to let him out to relieve himself, then that is going to happen. He will think he is allowed to go in there as toilet training is a scent based activity.
Maybe buy some natures miracle and give it a really hard-out scrub with that, and kinda hit the reset switch. Make sure he isn't left in that crate without a potty brake for more then 4 hours... You can't expect him to hold it any longer at that age, but I would let him out more often to start with as you start your re-training. Don't set him up to fail.
Back to top Go down
Nareshkendel
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2014-02-03

PostSubject: Re: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 10:59 pm

I don't have a husky, I've been lurking here for research because I'm thinking of getting one, but this is what a trainer told me to do with my previous dog and it worked. You have to start re-training.

Clean the crate with an enzymatic cleaner, if there's a mat/bed inside, wash it or throw it away if it's cheap. Clean under the crate too, just in case. Keep feeding him inside the crate.

Follow this schedule:

1.- Take him to his potty spot on-leash. Stay with him to make sure he pees, try to be boring, no talking or moving too much. If after 10 minutes he hasn't relieved himself, take him back to his crate and make him wait there 10-15 minutes and then take him outside again. Don't forget to praise him after he pees/poops. Now you can reward him with 15 minutes of play outside or a walk.

2.- Now give your dog 30 minutes of supervised activity around the house, you want him to learn to be in your house without destroying it, right?. Play with him or teach him some tricks. I used to watch tv rewarding her with treats for being calm or chewing her toys, and then played with her during the commercials.

3.- Crate him for 30 minutes and then take him out again to pee.

4.- Repeat this every day, each day adding 15 minutes more of supervised activity and crating, until you reach the time limit (4 months-old/4 hours) inside the crate. If he has an accident then take a step back and reduce the time by 15 minutes for a day.

It takes time, but it works. Good luck.

ETA: have him checked by a vet, just in case
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day    My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day  Empty

Back to top Go down

My dog has been pooing and peeing in his crate all day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1