It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meeka is really sick

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

Female Join date : 2013-09-07

Meeka is really sick  Empty
PostSubject: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Last night we were taking meeka on a walk. About halfway through she tried to go number two and blood came out. We rushed her to the vet. Her temp was 104 and she cried loudly if you touched her belly. After 3 X-rays and bloodwork, the vet still cannot find anything wrong. She's going in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning. She's still hasn't went potty, and her temp went down slightly to 103. The vet gave her fluids and an antibiotic, to see if that helps. It's very frustrating that our dog is in a lot of pain, but nobody knows why. Hopefully the ultrasound will help
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:43 pm

oh no, i would be freaked out, hope you get some answers soon! hope she is ok.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Sad Oh no, I hope they find the cause. Poor baby Sad
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Hope she feels better. Keep us postesd!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Poor Meeka! So strange, she seemed fine at the park just a couple days ago. Wonder if she ate something she shouldn't have? Whatever the case, this is awful news! We hope you get some answers soon and Meeka gets better quick!
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 5:36 pm

I hope they find out what's wrong with Meeka and she gets better soon. I know how terrible it can be when you have no definitive answers.
Back to top Go down
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 pm

thanks for the support everybody, we really appreciate it. hopefully the ultrasound tomorrow can tell us whats wrong
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Keep us updated. Hope she's comfortable in the time being.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:24 am

omg, I really hope she is ok. I would be so worried because of the blood. Prayers for you and Meeka!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:32 am

Sorry liz, can someone fix her treats, stupid phone

Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Update: Meeka went in this morning for a U/S and the doctor found abnormalities in her abdomen, she has swollen lymph nodes and fluid in and around her abdomen. The doctor was concerned and scheduled a emergency surgery. Meeka did ok in surgery. They found two very swollen and puss filled lymph nodes, and they drained them. She took a biopsy from her lymph nodes, and they also did a culture for the bacteria. We aren't sure what to expect when the results come back but we can only hope it's a bacteria infection vs. lymphoma. Thanks for your support everybody
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:01 pm

How scary! I'm hoping for good news for you and Meeka.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:43 pm

I hope she recovers ok from surgery and test come back ok!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Oh Poor girl! lets hope its just a infection! did they have to make a large incision in her? well you have 2 of us here that have just gone through surgery and if you need to talk let me know, the wait waiting for the results is the longest, and it weighs heavy on you. hang in there and give your girl lots of love!

Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm so sorry this happened to Meeka. We love her, too, and are really hoping it's just an infection! Poor Meeka. We're hoping for positive results and a quick recovery. You guys are definitely in our thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 pm

I've been silently watching this topic. I hope Meeka gets better soon and that it's nothing too serious
Back to top Go down
Monika30
Puppy
Puppy
Monika30

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Sending positive vibes and hoping for Meeka's quick recovery. Hope it's an infection and not lymphoma. Stay positive...
Back to top Go down
Cyberpup
Puppy
Puppy
Cyberpup

Male Join date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 12:03 am

We want to add to all the positive vibes being sent for Meeka's recovery. Lyra also thinks she just needs to nap more.

Meeka is really sick  Lyra_b10
Back to top Go down
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:32 am

Just wanted to say thank you again for all your kinds words, it's really helping us stay positive. Meeka is doing ok. Her incision ran from her chest to her groin, but the medicine should help her stay somewhat comfortable. This will probably be the longest 3-5 days of our lives.
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 12:46 pm

This post really saddens me. We had our puppy in the ER last week for excessive vomitting. Turns out everything was ok other than some gastroenteritis, but I understand the deep fear within when you don't have answers. I'm sending my prayers for you all! Wishing the best possible news for Meeka!
Back to top Go down
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:27 pm

The biopsy results came back negative! It was a bacterial infection! Meeka is going to be ok!
Back to top Go down
kylah2013
Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Great news! Smile
Back to top Go down
Monika30
Puppy
Puppy
Monika30

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Fantastic news!!! You must be so relieved!
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 pm

That's great news!  Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyberpup
Puppy
Puppy
Cyberpup

Male Join date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Awesome! Or as Myka would say: Woo! Woo!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeka is really sick    Meeka is really sick  Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeka is really sick

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next