It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

People want my puppies!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tolbert.chad
Newborn
Newborn
tolbert.chad

Male Join date : 2014-05-26

puppies - People want my puppies!! Empty
PostSubject: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 pm

So the other day I was out walking Rune and Zoey like normal and I had people offer to buy my dogs 2 different times. Does this happen to people? I mean of course I said no but I was just puzzled by this.

Thanks,
Chad
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:05 pm

I've had offers to buy, asked to sell, and people wanting to know if I would consider breeding kenzi to their dog and some of those dogs weren't even huskies. People don't have boundaries now days.

Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:18 pm

People are ignorant. They think if a dog is cute or beautiful that they should reproduce. I honestly can't walk my girls in public without being stopped at least once so someone can pet my dogs. I also can't count the number of times they have asked me if I would be willing to breed them. The answer is always no...no...no...and no. Argh.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:25 pm

I once had someone offer me $1000 for Lycus. I've had more than several people asking if I'm breeding him, if I want to breed him, or if I have any puppies. And same as Nicole, I can't walk him in public without getting stopped once or twice so people can pet him. I actually get kind of annoyed when people constantly stop me lol.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:53 am

I like to interact with people who think my dog is beautiful. It makes me feel proud of her and I guess I like the attention some too, after all my ego is fragile, nothing wrong with a stroke every now and then. She usually greets well too so it can be fun. Most of the time I'm not in any hurry so that helps too. Sort of wish I had her back in my teens, what a babe magnet!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 11:03 am

Hughie wrote:
I like to interact with people who think my dog is beautiful.  It makes me feel proud of her and I guess I like the attention some too, after all my ego is fragile, nothing wrong with a stroke every now and then.  She usually greets well too so it can be fun.  Most of the time I'm not in any hurry so that helps too.  Sort of wish I had her back in my teens, what a babe magnet!

Babe Magnet!!!  husband says Major - wishes he knew about this back in his 20's Laughing I have been very clear - if he uses MY dog as a pick up tool, his "accoutrements" are in serious jeapordy lol! 

I also enjoy when people ask to pet Ami - Ami just so loves people, I actually ask if they will stop and let Mr. Dog say hello.  And, I'm happy to say - just about everyone looks pleased!.  And those that approach w/o me asking almost always ask if they can pet him - even some of the youngest children (including an approximately 4 yr old who told me he liked my wolf Razz )

Is it just me or is the "can we have your puppies a variation of the tacky pick-up line "I wanna' have your baby"?
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 am

I appreciate the attention but at the same time it is hard to get my exercise in when I have to keep stopping and let my heart rate fall. Sad
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 11:47 am

CavingSiberian wrote:
I appreciate the attention but at the same time it is hard to get my exercise in when I have to keep stopping and let my heart rate fall. Sad

We have opposite problems Laughing Here, out in the boonies, finding people for Ami to socialize with is a problem - miles and miles of road with nobody on them and plenty of hills...
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:35 am

Conversation I had with my sisters ex who I don't get along over facebook. I hadn't seen him in months since there messy break up. He had never met Simon just see pictures on facebook.
Him: "Do you have Simon with you?"
Me:"Yes he is my dog."
Him: "Oh, he's a beautiful dog. I would love to adopt him."
Me:"No he is my dog he is not up for adoption."

This is still the weirdest conversation I have had with anyone about my animals. This guy was a crappy boyfriend a bad friend and treated animals like they were cars and wanted to "adopt" my dog.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
lepp1892
Teenager
Teenager
lepp1892

Male Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:31 am

I get a lot of people asking me how much I paid for Gabby too. So far have only had one offer to buy her and I think the person was joking. I do have a lot of people ask if they can pet her. Happened with 2 little kids this weekend at different times. First was a little girl that saw us and asked very politely if she could pet her. The second, this little boy came barreling out of his house screaming and yelling waving his arms around. Got about 2 feet from Gabby and then asked if he could pet her. I said yes but at this point she was so exciting from all the yelling he didn't really get to pet her.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:49 am

I've had this happen too. It happens less now that people will stop me and ask if he's neutered or how much he cost, etc. Now I just deal with adults and children yelling at me how much they like my dog. Mishka is an attention whore though and loves it. I, on the other hand, like to have my peaceful uninterrupted walks. I don't mind him greeting people, but I prefer it if people would ask first. They tend to rile him up and then I get to deal with a psycho dog for our walk. Rolling Eyes

Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 am

simplify wrote:
I don't mind him greeting people, but I prefer it if people would ask first. They tend to rile him up and then I get to deal with a psycho dog for our walk. Rolling Eyes

Omg, this!

Lycus gets super overexcited when people 'baby' talk to him, even from far away. Every time it happens, he just gets excited the rest of the walk and starts pulling everywhere because he thinks everyone wants to pet him. I prefer when they ask from a distance, that way I can make him sit and stay as they walk over. Not to mention the kids that run by swiping his fur...
Back to top Go down
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

Male Join date : 2013-10-29

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:53 pm

ive have that issue ever since I bought my pup n he was 7weeks old my friends on facebook would be like hey y don't u breed ur dog and when u breed em can I have one.........I was like bro hes 7 weeks........yea and when I walk people look at my pup in such a wonderful way it makes me proud I don't get annoyed if they pet him and such cause hes really friendly and nice to little kids and adult like wise but if I feel like hes in a bad mood while walking or something ill just tell people that they cant pet him because hes being a grouch.(my pup is 9 months atm and hes an attention eye turning magnet)
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:06 pm

O M G this!  Razz So, I walk my 3 together most of the time and the questions/comments/remarks I get are ridiculous. I'm in Miami and in a very populated area so we get stopped at least 2 times on a 45min walk. Controlling 3 huskies who love to say hello to people and go a bit crazy is not easy to say the least  Rolling Eyes Apparently telling people that Kody will jump on them and WILL most likely scratch them is irrelevant! That's my first issue.

Second issue, the "do you have puppies"? No, we don't. "But why?"....because my dogs are all fixed..."but they're so beautiful"....yes I know, but there are so many without homes, no need for more puppies. Check out the shelter or rescues. I can give you their info...."no thanks"...umm OKKKK  scratch 

Third issue, coming from men..."hey, do you need help walking those dogs?"....no, thanks, think I have it under control...."seriously I can take one from you"...no creepy guy, I'm not giving you one of my babies to walk! WTF!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:21 pm

MelissaI wrote:

Third issue, coming from men..."hey, do you need help walking those dogs?"....no, thanks, think I have it under control...."seriously I can take one from you"...no creepy guy, I'm not giving you one of my babies to walk! WTF!

Wtf?! Haha that is WAY too creepy! I would just run for it lol
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Oh why yes mister! Golly gee, I'm SO lucky a big, strong man came along to help me with the wild beasts. I just don't know what I would have done...

puppies - People want my puppies!! 1625187496 
Back to top Go down
SIMBA_SH
Puppy
Puppy
SIMBA_SH

Male Join date : 2013-10-29

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:28 pm

LMFAO!!!! that is pretty creepy xDDDDD
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:33 pm

So creepy you guys! Sad thing is that it's happened about 3-4 times! Thankfully they haven't come too close or I'd just warn them about how "mean they are". Kody has this crazy howl/bark/growl thing that he does when he's super excited to say hi. Can totally freak somebody out  Razz That or i'll just let him jump on them and maybe they'll get hit you know where  silent 

I'm a small chic, i get it, but ummm, no thanks I got this! No need for a strong man to help me...sigh...lol
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:59 pm

We have had so many offers to breed with Tika, or they ask if Tika and Rip have bred (together, because Rip is butch so people assume shes a male) someone once stopped my dad while he was walking Tika and offered him money to breed with his dog. My Dad gave him one look and then kept walking.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:45 pm

I had a great one last night. We were doing our rounds on the trail around the lake and we were stopped twice already because people wanted to pet them. One lady said "Can I pet your dogs? I'dmuch rather be talking to them than my boyfriend" (Boyfriend was standing on top of the hill laughing.

Then we round the corner where we are on a boardwalk and walk next to a 40-some year old lady. Journey looks up at her like "Are you going to pet me too?" and takes a step sideways to be closer to her. She SCREAMS like a little girl. Seriously screams so loud... Journey didn't even touch her. Her husband puts his arm around her and just starts laughing and laughing. When we met on the other side of the lake (they were walking clockwise while I was counterclockwise) she walked way over on the other side of the grass and said "Sorry! Sorry!" several times. LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People want my puppies!!   puppies - People want my puppies!! Empty

Back to top Go down

People want my puppies!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1