It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Raw Feeding picture thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Faith's kibble dinner and Dakota's raw dinner (from last week), which looks better? Razz
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 IMAG0103

A short vid of Dakota chowing down on pork ribs...

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Wow, he eats it so gracefully! He's a total pro!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Oh Melissa, I took a chance adopting him and was soooo lucky with the way he turned out to be. Of course a lot of training went into molding him into a great dog but overall he's been so amazing in so many ways, raw feeding included. Seriously, I could never have asked for a better dog! We are very, very lucky.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:16 pm

and he's very very very lucky to have you!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:10 pm

He is very neat! He even keeps it on the board, for the most part!

Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Drogo's first time eating raw!

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 02610
Here he is waiting patiently like a good boy. Excuse my boyfriend's foot.

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 0288811
He wasn't really sure how to eat it at first, but he caught on fast!

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 04510
Yummy!

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 05010
Pretty much all done. ^____^
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 am

Love it! It's great to finally have some raw fed puppy pics! Raw will help get those puppy teeth out too.

Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:36 pm

I bought some duck wings for my doggies as a treat from the Asian market today cause they were so cheap Razz

Faolan trying raw for the first time:

I just set it in with his (reduced size) dinner
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0296

He ate all the kibble and then pulled out the wing
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0299

Of course he had to drag it over to the carpet
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0302

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0303

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0305

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0306

He gnawed it down pretty fast
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0307

Sniffing around for more. He loved it!
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 DSC_0308

Seeing how cheap the prices of meat were at the asian market has made it an actual possibility that I could feed my dogs a raw diet. I will of course have to look more in to it before ever starting but I think I will at the very least give them raw meat as treats in addition to their kibble....

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 pm

The raw will also help reduce the eye boogies or do away with them completely.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Yes that is what I am hoping! I am thinking he got them from when he was eating Purina ProPlan...we are still working on phasing that out in favor of Blue Wilderness.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:04 pm

That's great! Nice to see he took to it right away and it looks like he did a good job of chewing it up. I wish I had a cheap asian market near me to be able to get meats for really cheap regularly. I have to watch the sales at our local stores and stock up when prices on meat drop.

Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Yeah there were like 12 duck wings in the pack for just $2 and change! They have a lot of duck and goat and other interesting meats too. Plus lots of fish but fish makes me wary....
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Finally getting these pics off my camera from a few weeks ago. Glory had a dinner of beef chuck and Dakota had a dinner of 2 chicken quarters.

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 IMG_1161

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 IMG_1162

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 IMG_1165

Newborn
Newborn
benthedog

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:11 am

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Benchi11

Beignet at 2 months eating a raw chicken quarter. At 3 months he can eat the entire thing!
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:58 am

That is precious!! I wish I had started Faolan on raw from the beginning but I had never heard of it then.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:58 pm

That is so cute! I love you

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Ginger and Storm LOVES marrow bones!
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Raw_ma10

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Raw_ma11

Puppy
Puppy
muska

Male Join date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:30 am

Thiago loves raw food! i give him raw food at night. well raw chicken, havent tryd anything else yet. heres the 1st and 2nd time he eating raw food. (video is of 1st time pics r 2nd time)

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 2011-019

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 2011-020

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 2011-021

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 2011-023
feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 2011-024

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:13 pm

He's such a good chewer!

Puppy
Puppy
muska

Male Join date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Yea only when it comes 2 his raw food like that but with his normal dry dog food he just licks it up then swollows it and doesnt bother bitn down of chewing it lol
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:00 pm

I decided to give this whole raw thing a whirl, and gave each of the dogs a marrow bone today. Ghost was pretty upset about having to go to the vet for a wound check so I figured a super good treat was in order. Both dogs really enjoyed the bones, but Lulu got SUPER defensive about hers. Here's a pic of Ghost enjoying her bone:

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Dscn0611

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:45 am

Yeah Faolan is always protective of his food. We feed him out on the porch and if we even walk NEAR the closed screen door he starts growling and moving to place himself between us and his food.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:46 pm

Yeah, Mya takes those marrow bones VERY PERSONAL!!!! I can't take it away from her unless I trick her into going outside or something. Kody let's us take it, but he's with his ears back and very stiff. The first time I ever gave one to him he was in his crate and Mya came by to smell it and he went off! First time he ever gets like that Shocked He's always so submissive towards Mya. Now, he gets it in his cage and she's not allowed in the room until he's done with it.
Back to top Go down
The1930sRust
Puppy
Puppy
The1930sRust

Female Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:23 pm

We are embracing raw feeding here. Violet, and her Beagle sister Nola, have been enjoying beef cubes, chicken livers--in addition to some TOTW kibble and omega 3-6-9-- for several weeks now. The love it! Today, we introduced raw chicken parts. We gave Violet a chicken breast with rib bones, and Nola got a chicken leg. At first, they both sort of sniffed, licked and carried them about. Violet was the first to use her molars and pre-molars to break up the bones. Pretty soon....poof!

How often do you all give whole chicken parts? Weekly, every other day?

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Violet16

feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Violet17

What about raw oysters? I have 12 dozen in the basement for a garden party this weekend.....

Back to top Go down
http://www.darklightimagery.net www.pbase.com/darklightimagery
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:42 pm

I feed mine their raw chicken drumsticks every night for dinner. I don't mix it with their kibble though. They get kibble for breakfast mixed with their Honest Kitchen and strictly chicken for dinner (with green beans)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Feeding picture thread   feeding - Raw Feeding picture thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raw Feeding picture thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next