It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:47 pm

I really like it cropped! That would look really cool, in my opinion, as a canvas print!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Thank you Casey!! I like it too, I *think* I chopped it in the right places, its tough to get it to look just right, and I wish the flagstone wasnt behind them but, whatever, lol...and being on phone camera instead of the regular camera makes it lose too much color and definition when chopping too. But I can totally see what you mean by canvas print, it kinda has that *look*.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 am

Just a random smattering of pics taken while working in the yard

I call this one "Solitude" Wink
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 02012

Mishka: Hey Kohdi, how come you have this much of the stick and I only get this teenie tiny lil bit?

Kohdi: cuz ur a midget
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 01111

Mishka: well, I'm taking thissssss much

Kohdi: whuuuuuuuuuttttt???

Mishka: Ugh, put your eyes back in their sockets Kohdi, its freaking me out
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 01211

Mishka: Here!! let me help you!!
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 01312

And...one more...I love these two Smile
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 04311
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 am

Lovely pictures, as always. Your two always seem so happy and content.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard at this one! Especially the last two pictures of the story. Kodhi looks so pretty in the last picture! I didn't realize how 'white' he actually was underneath.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Awesome story time.....I always leave your pics with a smile......
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Thank you so much Amy!!! Smile

Haha Casey, thank you!!! Smile and yeah, I love the white in Kohdi. His coat coloring is actually quite pretty, all his white markings, like the white blaze thing on his forehead, are outlined in a perfect *beige* line. Both of them are actually much lighter in person too, I dont know why theyre coat gets so dark in pics.

Thank you Renee!!! Smile most of the time they both make me smile too Wink

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:27 pm

All week long, rain has been predicted for this weekend...Kohdi and I took a hike this morning, cuz...it wasnt raining!!! we even walked to the mountain instead of driving Smile here are some pics...

This is Cowles Mountain
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 22710

A little information on the mountain...this is located at the summit
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 21510

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 21010

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 21110

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 21810

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 21611

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 22011

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 22510

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 22210

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Breath taking pics Jimmy. I bet you and Kohdi had a great time. Poor Mishka, lol, the baby had to stay home, haha.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Btw, when I think of San Diego, I think of ocean and not actual mountains. I understand y'all have some gorgeous hills, but nothing like your pics. Thanks for giving a new view to San Diego.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Thank you Renee!!! Kohdi and I did have a great time...I think I'm going to make this part of our routine. This mountain, and theres a lake in one of the pics too, are in walking distance of my house so I may as well utilize them, haha. We met a 7 month old German Shephard at the summit, Kohdi and her played Smile Made me think Mishka should be able to make the hike as well. I have to think about it though. Not to worry, I took her on a long walk this morning so she was able to rest while Kohdi and I took our hike Wink And yeah, Im about a 20 minute drive from the ocean...Id love to be a bit closer but I also really like where I live so its a good compromise Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Indeed, you have it all there.

Mishka will be ready soon, almost a year old. Although I don't know how easy it would be to hike with the both of them, haha. In a few months though, they will be so ready to do anything. Swim in the ocean and climb mountains, spoiled huskies, lol. Yea, I saw the lake in that pic. Very cool Kohdi met a friend to play with.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 6:14 pm

Haha, I look forward to it Renee...Mishka will pull both Kohdi and I up the mountain, LOL
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Awesome pics!! Glad you finally went Smile Kohdi looks so happy
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Since I've lived outside LA and camped in Denver area, I have a hard time talking about *my* mountains as mountains since they're only a measly 3000 - 5000 feet above sea level ... but the one you hiked was only 1600 feet tall (or so the sign says). Most of my mountains set on a plain at about 2500 feet so a 3500 foot mountain is only 1000 feet up from "ground level". I spent enough time there outside LA that I always enjoyed the concept of mountains in the AM and beach (to warm up) in the PM!

Kohdi looks lie she had her eye on something and after your comment about meeting a GSD, I think I can imagine what it was!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm

@GravityM...Thank you!!! it was the perfect day for it too, wasnt hot, was supposed to rain so it wasnt overly crowded, and Kohdi had me to himself Smile he likes that, lol.

@aljones...I know exactly what you're saying. This mountain is part of a regional park, its in the neighborhood I live in, so its convenient, and even though its not that high, its good exercise, a change of scenery for Kohdi, and the views are still spectacular. If I want the altitude, the tall trees, snow, etc. I have to drive about 1 1/2 hours for it...do-able of course, but this was still a cool time for the both of us. And yeah, Kohdi couldnt look anywhere without something peaking his interest. The very last pic, he's stalking a lil bird, lol, the one "close-up" pic is him watching another Husky that was up there. He had a really good time. All the way down he would stop every so often and look at me like "lets go that way..." he didnt want to stay on the trail, haha. All the way up, and all the way down, people were complimenting him, stopping to pet, talk to him too...he LOVED that, lol
Back to top Go down
Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

Female Join date : 2014-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 1:53 am

Those are some beautiful pictures of Kohdi! He looks like he had a blast Jimmy. I bet when he got home, he was pooped. Lol. Laughing

Also, that looks like the scenery from Homeward Bound, when they're looking over the city close to the end of the movie.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 2:51 am

Great pictures Jimmy! I look forward to the day to see both of them climbing the mountain, or as you said, Mishka pulling you up it.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Thank you so much Leighanna Smile and yeah, Kohdi was pooped, haha...and that is precisely why I want to get Mishka to do this hike, lol...and I know that scene youre talking about!! Smile

Thank you so much Casey Smile I'm gonna try this upcoming weekend taking Mishka. If it seems like too much for her, I'll just turn around...she's small enough she's carryable too, lol. But taking them both at the same time will be some time still...parts of the trail are narrow and other people, some with dogs as well, may be on their way down and from what I experienced with Kohdi, its the other dogs that can/will be a problem and I dont wanna end up on my ass, lol. Kohdi was SO well behaved...he always is though in social situations, I'll know better soon how Mishka behaves.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:04 pm

I got a new Ipad mini and I'm just experimenting with it...takes a better pic than I thought it would, haha

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 Fullsi10

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 Kohdih10
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:53 am

Jimmy, new ipad did great! Kohdi's eyes stand out in the pics......
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 2:40 am

Thank you Renee Smile I like it!!!

These are just a few pics from this past Saturday's hike up the mountain. Kohdi wasnt as cooperative as last time, haha, he was kinda clingy for some reason, like if i moved to take a pic, he'd move with me. He wouldnt really venture off like last time, he stayed right by me practically the entire time. I heard several hikers talking about seeing rattlesnakes on the way up so maybe that was it, I dunno. So anyways, a new page got started so I figured i'd put some pics on it

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 00910

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 01511

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 02311

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 02711
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 3:04 am

Nice pics anyways Jimmy, poor boy. From what I have read dogs (for the most part), have a natural instinct to stay away from snakes, I'm wondering with rattle snakes they can smell and see them far sooner than us humans. With husky's high prey drive you would assume snakes would be a wonderful prey, but, like I said, most are not interested, or in the case of Kohdi, rather be with his dad, then venture too far. Of course this is imho.......Love the last pic!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 3:53 am

I don't know if thats true Renee, I would hope it would be but my Malamute cornered a rattler once (the rattler was part coiled and part "standing up" )and I swear I got the chills when I heard ad saw it...luckily he came when I yelled for him to come ...and the summer before Malukhai passed away, it was 5 am and dark still, I was walking him and Anuschka out the door and Malukhai went right to the corner of where we stepped out and put his head in it, I pulled him back and there was a rattler curled up there...it was still there when we came home too, haha. Here at home I get them practically every summer, I dont worry so much about Kohdi but Mishka I just feel wouldnt let the snake go.

And thank you!! He really didnt take good pics this time...but he still had fun Smile On the way down though, he got scared by someone, LOL. We were walking down, I was in my own lil world and he was trotting along behind me like usual and suddenly I felt him put on his brakes (like full on ABS brakes, LOL) I turn around and hes got all 4 paws skidding...I look in front of me to see why and there is this GINORMOUS dude coming towards us, he was a monster, haha...he's looking at Kohdi, Kohdi is looking at him, he's still skidding only this time trying to put it in reverse ad the guy said "uh-oh, I dont think your dog likes me" LOL...Im just like, "nah,nah, he's cool!!! he just wants to go back up" hahaha...I don't think the guy bought it though.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 10:21 am

I'm with you, Jimmy - Last summer Ami found a snake (not a rattler, we don't have them up here). Just some small snake in the grass - he was jumping at it and nosing it. It kept trying to fight back but it was a little fellow. I had to drag Ami away.

Nice pictures and what a view you have up there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next