It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Vacuum Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JackLondonsMom
Newborn
Newborn
JackLondonsMom

Female Join date : 2013-10-03

vacuum - Vacuum Help!  Empty
PostSubject: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi everyone, I have been through two vacuums so far and both of them didn't do the job. One is a Dyson and the other is a Hoover. They both stopped working for the most part, the brushes stopped turning and the suction just can't handle the fur. I've taken them apart and got them all unclogged with fur etc but it didn't work.

Any thoughts? We have 2 huskies and I vacuum daily. I need something that can seriously handle the fur and won't die 1 month in.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Idk ... I use a Dyson, I have always used a dyson.... they are very amazing... have you tried taking it to the vacuum shop? maybe it is just a part that went faulty and can be easily replaced... That is the one thing I love about Dyson, all their parts are easily replaced.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Try sweeping first, then vacuum. I don't have any carpeting, so I sweep, but you can sweep carpet with a good broom, to pick up the hunks of hair, then vacuum. We use a little shop vac, for the really tiny stuff.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly&Charcoal
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 6:57 pm

My Dyson service us for 6 years now and still go strong. 2 dogs + 2 human. I also use my dyson to groom my dog in the blowing season.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:23 pm

I have a Shark Navigator. It works incredible and it's a lot cheaper than the Dyson Animal.
Back to top Go down
kylah2013
Teenager
Teenager
kylah2013

Female Join date : 2014-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:48 am

I have the shark navigator rotator and I LOVE it!!
Back to top Go down
trbomax
Puppy
Puppy
trbomax

Male Join date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 pm

We have had a Riccar 1500 for 3 yrs now with robin(siberian) and camillia (aussie). They both shed constantly but the vac has held up fine!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:56 pm

I have a Dyson DC41 and 2 Kenmores (1 is the Progressive, can't remember the name of the other one). All my vacs are going strong without any issue. The oldest, my Kenmore Progress and my all time favorite vacuum, has been going 8+ yrs.

Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:24 am

I have a Shark Navigator, and I love it. We destroyed a Dyson after Sheba's first coat blow. The Shark has stood up thru 3 coat blows, 2 Siberians, and Kennedy who sheds like she blows her coat every day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Toadzca
Newborn
Newborn
Toadzca

Female Join date : 2014-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:51 pm

I have 2 Dysons, one upright Animal and the other is the cordless one. We have 2 huskies and up until a couple of moths ago, a cat as well as 2 boys. Now I have no carpet aside from a couple of area rugs but I do vacuum daily with the cordless and weekly with the upright. I always empty the dirt canisters after every use and find I need to clean out the beater head unit monthly as fur gets trapped inside causing the unit to shut off. Dyson customer service is really good in my past experiences so I'd be tempted to give them a call and discuss the issues you are having with them.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:06 am

We are on our second Kenmore vac. The first was bought in the '70s and was replaced with a Oreck, not what they claim to be. That vac was replaced with a Kenmore and that one is going strong. Love the mini carpet head attachment for cleaning car and truck seats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vacuum Help!    vacuum - Vacuum Help!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Vacuum Help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1