It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

K-9 Kraving for RAW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HunterHusky
Newborn
Newborn
HunterHusky

Male Join date : 2014-08-11

K-9 Kraving for RAW Empty
PostSubject: K-9 Kraving for RAW   K-9 Kraving for RAW EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Breeder started my pup on RAW... The more and more I read about RAW the more I want to stick with it.

K-9 Kraving is a local company for me, they are based out of Baltimore, MD.. About 35 mins from me. +1 and the are a little more affordable then some of the other brands.

Has any one had any experience with their products? I bought a sampler of a few of them to figure out what my little guy likes...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

Here's what I got:
Duck & Vegetable
Chicken & Vegetable
Beef & Vegetable

Each 1 lb. logs, purchased all 3 for under $10. They also give discounts if buying in bulk!

K-9 Kraving for RAW 5RAn7th
Back to top Go down
HunterHusky
Newborn
Newborn
HunterHusky

PostSubject: Re: K-9 Kraving for RAW   K-9 Kraving for RAW EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:12 am

Update* I left the Chicken & Vegetable tube in the fridge overnight to defrost. In the morning it was good to go (roughly 10-12 hours)

K-9 Kravings says on their website, "Once thawed, the food will remain fresh for 4-5 days while refrigerated." They also say you can portion it and refreeze if you do not plan to use it all within 4-5 days.

Anyways, K-9 recommends 2-4 ounces for a puppy less than 10 lbs. So I cut up the log into 5 sections, roughly 3 oz each... Froze 2 and 2 back in the fridge and fed Hunter with the last one.

HE LOVED IT!!! He sat there the whole time and at it all! Licked the bowl clean!

I will report back this evening after I see what his poop looks like and how he was during the day.

Thanks!

Also here is the Dog Food Advisor link
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/k-9-kraving-dog-food/
Back to top Go down
HunterHusky
Newborn
Newborn
HunterHusky

PostSubject: Re: K-9 Kraving for RAW   K-9 Kraving for RAW EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Update** Been on K-9 Kraving for 2 days now!

I am shocked out how much he loves this food and how satisfied he is. Not to mention his poops are the best I have seen!! haha They look great and normal, no issues there... My puppy is more regular now, 2 poops a day and seems to be happy with more energy. Less waste too! lil poops!

There is enough moisture in the food for him to digest it so he doesn't drink a lot of whatever which is great.

We are almost finish the Chicken 1 lb roll so I will be trying the duck or beef next... these two have lower ratings b/c of the higher fat content so I am interested to see how Hunter likes them...

I will report back, since no one is responding, I am assuming K-9 Kraving isn't available everywhere...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: K-9 Kraving for RAW   K-9 Kraving for RAW EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 4:44 pm

I read up on it Henry, and apparently you got a good grasp of it. Another new owner is using Darwins, which is similar. Be watchful with the high fats it may cause loose stool, Miya at that age didn't tolerate duck well, haven't tried it since she was a puppy,(it was can Blue Buffalo duck, btw), I'm a stay at home, so I do my feeding as home made. I'm happy to hear things are going well and you found a way to continue feeding raw without the hassle.
Renee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K-9 Kraving for RAW   K-9 Kraving for RAW Empty

Back to top Go down

K-9 Kraving for RAW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Nutrition and Feeding :: Raw Feeding Forum-