It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Konrad!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhet
Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

Male Join date : 2011-01-02

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:14 pm

My name is Rob/Robby, I've owned/been owned by the wonderful Konrad for about a year and a half now. He also goes by Captain Fuzzbutt, or just Captain for short. I also have two cats, Icharus (aka Chunky Monkey)and Isis (aka Little Kitty). One of Konrad's favorite things to do is run, especially when it involves unintentional/accidental skijoring affraid He loves going for car rides and singing to the radio on the way.

I'm kind of curious about bikejoring, if anyone here has any good resources I'd really like to see them. Also, I'd like to know how some of your huskies react to using a rake style brush, Konrad's blowing his coat for winter right now and I just use a regular wire brush, he doesn't like to be groomed though, he won't let me brush him for more than about a minute or so at a time. On the same subject, my vacuum just blew up, it's the second one I've had die on me in the last 18 months, if any of you could suggest one that can stand up to husky shedding, that wont break the bank and is durable I'd really appreciate it.

And a few pictures!
Hello from Konrad! Readytogo
Hello from Konrad! Profile
Hello from Konrad! Konradatthepark
Hello from Konrad! Konradsleeping
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Really love the names you have for your pets! And Konrad is just so handsome! We also had a vacuum suicide recently, so were in the market as well Sad

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 pm

First of all, your boys is so cute!!! Second of all, I'm laughing because of the door in the background on the 1st picture! That door looks oh so familiar to me!!! Let me guess that was Konrad, huh? Every door in my house looks like that! Painted them,....yep again...i just gave up..lol. I have a Eureka, but I think it's about to die also. Not the best vacuum I must say, but I have no carpet so I got one to eliminate the sweeping with no purpose b/c all it does it make the hairs fly around! It does work, but after about 2 months and 2 huskies it's not going to make it much longer! I have a cool brush..that Mya actually lets me use on her, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. I can take a pic and post it. I've been through I swear 5-6 brushes with her and this one has latest me over a year.

Welcome BTW and I'm sure that others will have much better recommendations on vacuums and brushes =)
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Welcome to the forum! Konrad is absolutely striking Smile Very handsome boy!

We use a regular brush, an undercoat rake, and a furminator knock-off on our two. All work well for different reasons and they react about the same to all. Koda isn't a super big fan of being brushed but if you add in some treats, he'll tolerate it Smile

And we've had our Bissell Pet Hair Eraser for a little over a year now and I have to say it's still working as well as the day we bought it. If you take care of the pieces and clean them out, it lasts a bit longer as well Smile We got the Bissell on Eddy's recommendation and at the time he had four long-haired dogs, a short haired dog, and a long-haired cat. Smile

Good luck! And welcome again!

Hello from Konrad! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Rhet
Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

Male Join date : 2011-01-02

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Yep, repainted that door in September lol, I'm just gonna leave it until I eventually move to a bigger place.

Our grooming usually goes something like, I brush 3-4 strokes then pet him a bit and pick out what loose hair I can, rinse and repeat, for as long as he lets me. If I try to brush him for more than 3-4 strokes at a time he yells at me and wont hold still Razz I think I'll try adding treats when he's holding still and see if I can gradually work him up to letting me brush him more at a time.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Welcome to you & Konrad aka Captain Fuzzbutt! Beautiful boy!

As for the vacuum, may I say my Hubby insisted we get the Dyson when our last vac just wouldn't pick up anymore. I'd had it maybe a year-and-a-half. I was looking at the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser, but nooooo Tommy said the Dyson. He was paying for it, sooooo Very Happy I have to admit, it is the cheapest model, and was on clearance, but still........LOVE it! If the cheapest model works this well, I would love to see the performance out of the $700 model. But the thought of that money made my stomach hurt! Of course, it is still new, so I will have to wait a couple years to see if it's worth it. But, it DOES have a 5 year warranty!

Furminator works well, but I think a cheaper version from the pet store works just as well. When they let me brush them, that is.....Of course, they are Angels for neighbor, Sadie! She loves to tell how she brushed Nanuk & Mika and they just sat there and ate it all up.....

Welcome again to you & the Cap'n! Looking forward to seeing more pics of the boy!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Welcome! Konrad is very handsome Smile

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 pm

I've had my vacuum for almost 5 years now and it is still going strong. I discovered it rated pretty high on Consumer Reports, so I bought it and it was only $165. It's the Eureka The Boss Smart Vac. I'm pretty sure they still make them but i am not sure if Consumer Report still rates them high.

After reading this forum, I went online and immediately ordered The Furminator and love it!!! I lucked out and got it half off online. =-)
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:50 am

Welcome Rob and Konrad! The vacuum thing is a thorn in my side. Our Bissell Pet Hair lasted over two years, but died this last fall. For us that's an unbelievable amount of time, I vacuum every day. Currently I'm rocking a 30 year old Rainbow vac that puts everything else I've used to shame. It was given to me by family, otherwise I wouldn't have a vacuum like it because of cost. $300 used on craigslist is more than I can bite off.

The grooming was simple for me. I only use a slicker brush and a comb on the Husky. Also, every brush stroke is followed by a hand one. That helped me get a little more done at once.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Welcome! Konrad is a beautiful boy!

I hear Dyson's are really good and will last a good 5 years before you start to notice it starting to not work as good as new. But that's from friends that don't have pets, or have pets but they're little dogs or dogs that don't shed much.

I splurged. My mom, my sister and friend has had their Kirby for over 15+ yrs and still works as good as new. My friend also always had at least 2 shedding dogs at any given time since we've known each other for about 20 years. And she still has the same Kirby! So I splurged and bought one, and I love it. And it has a lifetime guarantee. And a shampooer. And hopefully, that'll be the last vacuum I buy for the next 15 years.

I use the Furminator and a wire brush on my girl and she doesn't mind the brushing. She'll sit, stand and show me her belly to brush her. And then she gets a treat for being so good. Very Happy

Hello from Konrad! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Konrad!   Hello from Konrad! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Konrad!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1