It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grif's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Good grief that was a cute litter. You're going to do great and if you are missing something it's okay to improvise. I do it all the time. Wink

Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:19 pm

I love his little Panda eye patch!
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

Male Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm

His eye patch is so striking and cute, I love that it's a hereditary thing and that one of his nan's new litter has it on the other side. He's got a little beauty mark too

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 07810

Is it just me or does he look like he's waiting to come home? Can't believe it's tomorrow, my booooy.
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Wow I love his mask! Or in this case would it be an eye patch?
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Today is the day!!! Be sure to let us know how he's settling in.

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 Wp_20110
He's settled in, wee'd twice in the car but vaacated my lap for both, had a number 2 accident in the living room right after coming in from the garden lol typical

Photo was taken a little while ago, he's now got his head pointed up :p
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 2:38 pm

That is awesome that he is doing so well. Keep up the great work!

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Yeah I think by the way he's reacted to being in carpeted rooms that they were mostly kept in the kitchen with a heat lamp on them (I mean I saw that setup, I just wasn't sure if she'd let them run riot occasionally outside the kitchen and garden), he's such a well mannered dog, he'll chew fingers like most puppies but stops if you act hurt, he's soft as pudding with my nephew (who seems to think Grif belongs to him, the cheek of it!), and though my nephew can be quite loud, Grif's reaction is just to walk away and usually put something between him and the kid, so someone's leg or a footstool, something he can hide behind but keep watching the nephew.

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 09210

Like that really.

He really is a sweet dog, loves cuddles, follows me around a lot, has so far gotten along with everyone, including my dad who is always reluctant about us having pets, though my dad had barely gotten home from work before he was on the floor saying hi and calling him beautiful haha.

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 08210
He was really lovely in the car, though he did keep trying to get over my shoulder and into the boot (I think now it was because he needed a wee, he ended up weeing in the crate I'd brought for if I had to unhand him to get something or if he wasn't happy on my lap, but the mat from the crate is in the wash and the base of the crate has been cleaned, so hopefully he'll go back to seeing a crate as a bedroom again), I wish I'd gotten better photos but it's hard to take a photo of a puppy you're holding.

Some at home photos:

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 08410
First time in the garden, he loved it, it's mostly dirt at the moment (and the lower part is round gravel, which he loves to sprint through), so he's thrilled with that, no signs of digging interest yet though.

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 08910
I decided to liven up his dinner with a bit of gravy, which needed to cool so he decided to sit and stare at me (at the wrong end of the kitchen, but in his defense that's where I fed him when he first got in, because he'd only had breakfast and I wanted to use food as a way to settle him in).

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 09010
I'm foreseeing a tug-of-war contest between him and my nephew over the blankets, since nobody can use a blanket downstairs in this house without my nephew dragging it off them and saying it's his, but he didn't seem to notice. Really glad I bought that stuffing free bat, he likes things that are flappy, found out when my brother came outside and the wind made his trousers go mad, Grif attacked his feet, so Flatbat was an instant hit.

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 09110
I didn't realise I was hoping for a husky that "did the leg thing" until he started doing the leg thing, so cute.

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 09310
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 09410
And two views of the same pose, because I needed to get a drink and figured I'd snap a quick picture.

My parents have offered me a brief break whilst he's sleeping, so I'm just getting a few things in order before I go back down, like sharing alllll my photos (in 3 different places, whoops)
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Sounds like the breeder did a really good job of socializing him to new things and sounds and people. That will make life so much easier and all the more reason why people should support good breeders and not just any hack with a male and female dog.

Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 7:23 pm

He's soo cute! Congrats Smile I love the husky leg thing haha
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Omg. Puppy fever galore! He is a cutie and sounds like he's settling in!
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 am

He's stolen my blanket :c
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 Wp_20111

He slept most of the night by my feet, had a few accidents because I'm a softie and wanted him to settle in before crating and he decided to go after coming back from the kitchen, but he's shown he's more likely to go outside than on the paper when it comes to a poo so I'll keep that in mind from now on and keep my coat handy haha
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:42 am

Night Two didn't go as smoothely because we decided to start giving space, but because he'd peed in the crate in the car and then when we set it up in the livingroom, we opted to laying out a thick pet bed where the crate is going to go, so he associates that with sleeping and we can fit it in his crate tonight. He cried as expected but mostly his crying was because he wanted to go out to the loo, so he's very good about telling people he needs something. He's also well aware what toys are his and what toys belong to my nephew (can't say the same for the other way around though because Grif's orange Kong triskele is Brandon's "toy crane"). I'm so impressed with this puppy, he's a clever clogs which will probably not bode well in the future haha.

This one was when he'd come in from outside, he decided he wanted a play so I let him stay in the living room for a bit (and before I let him through I made sure he sat and calmed down, he's very good at that now)
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 10510

Then he stole my other blanket and fell asleep:
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 10610

In fact he's so good at sitting calmly when he wants something that he does it for just about everything, wants his dinner? Sits and stares. Wants to go back in the house? Sits and stares. Upper half of the garden? Well, see below:
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 10810

Even with him snoozing under my mum's legs about a foot away from me I'm finding it hard to believe he's really here at last.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 pm

He is too cute. From that sit and stare look, he's a little ball of attitude!

MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Wow what an amazing breeder you had to get him started on training and such strong socialization skills! He is such an amazing little guy. I'm so glad that he settled in quickly. Thank you again for sharing his pics he is such a unique looking husky, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:17 pm

It's a mixture of breeder efforts, my efforts, and the fact that he's quite possibly the most laid back puppy I've ever met, let alone a husky haha (Not to talk down my breeder, she's done a wonderful job with him, he's happy, healthy, and very outspoken when he needs the loo and can't get outside).

He does have his zoomies and he's quite chatty when he's playing, especially with my nephew (but then I suppose he's just learning from the fact that my nephew is also chatty when playing), but he's not fussy about what you do, you can cover his food, take it off him, pet him whilst he's eating or chewing his antler, hell so far he's even good about your face being near his when he's roughhousing with his doberman toy (was an accident when I got that close but he licked my chin and carried on). He's not keen on being brushed but I need to look into how to properly introduce him to grooming, I only have a soft bristle brush at the moment just to get him used to being brushed, but I'll be getting more specific grooming tools soon, undercoat rakes etc.

Getting him calm for food was quite difficult the first day and early yesterday but now he's pretty patient (except today when I forgot I'd wanted to add some chicken broth to his dinner and had to heat that up and let it cool and I'd already put his kibble in, then he started having a bit of a chat back haha), but then the first day he wolfed his food down but now he'll take quite a bit longer, I think he's realised nobody is going to steal his leftovers if he doesn't finish quickly.

I am having a few issues with him having loose stools, he'll have something vaguely resembling actual poop one time then the next time he goes out it'll be a horrendous flood (all outside or on paper today thank god). I'm thinking it's the quality of his food (Eukanuba) and the stress of his first night alone alone. But I'm waiting that out to see if he steadies out as the week goes on, if not I'll move ahead on my getting better Q food for him and slowly introduce that to see how he goes, I've sussed that getting the smaller bags is a better idea since if it doesn't agree with him I've not spent £30-60 on a huge bag of food that doesn't agree with him.

I know I'm giving a play by play on everything in his scrap book of all places but I don't want to make a thread for every issue he has (even though so far it is not many), and I'm not exactly asking for help or advice, as I'm using the search tool and trying to figure out the next course of action myself, and I'm on page 11 of the "What are you feeding" thread so I'm taking a lot of that info into consideration when thinking about what I want to be feeding him. I'm sort of just getting it down "on paper" as it were, so sorry about that haha.

Onto some more pictures! (I'm puppy mad I know Razz)

He's stolen my blanket, he's stolen my replacement blanket, and now he's stolen my chair (though he needs help if he wants to do that, so I'm guilty too)
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 10910
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11010

Thought I'd introduce him to his new and improved crate, he went straight for the empty kong (I need to get stuff to fill that, we have natural plain yogurt but from what I've read people 'bung' the hole in the base with peanut butter, which we don't have, so I'm going to see if work stocks natural low fat low sugar PB when I'm there tomorrow)
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11210

With it being winter, we tend to have the heating on, if he gets too warm, he lies on the metal base of this footstool haha
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11310

Also anyone else keep getting a new favourite picture of their dog daily? it's more often for me since he's new here and a puppy but I've changed my computer wallpaper about 4 times today haha.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 7:23 pm

You're doing great. I personally would go ahead and start moving to his new food if you are wanting to since he already has a little of the runs. Kinda lets you get the runs over with all at once, but you certainly don't have to. It'll take a few days but his system will settle. You're never going to get your chair back either. Lol.

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks! It's looking a bit like he was eating too much, since he's doing a bit better now we're cutting down how much he's eating in a meal, I'll have to wait til after Christmas before moving him onto a better quality food due to waiting for payday (which is in 2 days), but I think I'll be moving him onto something like Taste of the Wild, still doing my research though.

Fortunately for me, he's too small to get on the chair on his own (but if I'm on the chair he begs for lap-time, which I probably shouldn't encourage since he's not going to stay small forever, but I think I'll risk it).

I had work today for the first time since getting him home but it was only for four hours and he was left with my mum, when I got back he was tuckered out and asleep, so I just decided to let him sleep, sitting down and getting comfortable, then he woke up, spotted me, and wanted to come up on my lap, so I pull him up and he falls asleep almost instantly for about an hour haha.

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11410

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11511

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11610

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11710

It's funny when he's asleep on the floor because he'll start off on my left but then over the space of about half an hour he'll roll about six feet to where he's ended up in that last one.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Cherish the cuddles while you can get them. Like any adolescent, once they start to age they sometimes lose interest in being snuggled. Aww...such a roller bug.

Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 11810
This dobe is one of his favourite toys, so much so that he has on occasion gotten a little bit humpy happy towards it (I'm not sure if I should dissuade him from this on his toys cause he's a puppy and doesn't understand what he's doing, if he tries to do that to a person, I plan on stopping him obviously).

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 Wp_20112
I've moved over to the dining table so I can use my laptop and chase after Grif when he gets up without having to awkwardly move wires etc and he's followed me, in fact he's so keen on following me, we currently have a house full of people and it was my turn to do the dishes (family rota) and he came into the kitchen and fell asleep on my foot whilst I was washing up bless him, didn't get a photo of him though.
Back to top Go down
Nopholom
Newborn
Newborn
Nopholom

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Been a few weeks since I last shared but I've not forgotten, but Christmas day my brother broke my laptop and it's been away being repaired up until today (had to replace the motherboard, thank god it was insured).

Few choice pupdates:

Grif spent a lot of time on Christmas day playing Sims with me (on my brother's laptop due to the mishap and his guilt)
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 12910

It snowed on boxing day and Grif was chuffed to bits
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 13110

Due to everyone becoming ill over Christmas I decided against sleeping on a chair downstairs to keep an ear out for Grif and since he's pretty good at waking me up when he needs to go and I was aiming for him to sleep upstairs anyway, I didn't see the harm in it. He's been really good, only an accidental wee by the bedroom door occasionally if I don't respond quick enough to having a dog on my chest haha.
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 13410

Did lose him one night though, found him pretty quickly when I looked down the side of the bed, I think he got a bit warm, there's a nice draft from the window down there
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 14210

Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 14610

He's got one beautiful smile
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 15110

Waiting for a harness/collar/lead combo to arrive but he's looking handsome in his collar and isn't trying to eat it as much now
Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 16710

He's grown up so much, can't believe it's only been a few weeks, feels like he's been here stealing slippers forever. He's settled onto TotW food and is doing well, he had his second injection on Saturday so this weekend he's going for his first walk. The vet said he was very calm and that some huskies came in and you could tell immediately they would be trouble in 12 months, but Grif was lovely when he got his injection and microchip (two yelps but he settled down easily and didn't nip the vet, he did however refuse to give the vet a kiss when he got within range and Grif'll kiss anyone so that was amusing to me), and I didn't realise how quiet he was until a 10 week old GSD puppy came in for its second injection and was barking like a mad one, it startled Grif at first but he proceeded to sit quietly and stare like the other puppy was absolutely bonkers.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:24 am

I'm so happy to hear that he is fitting right in with your routine.....Love his smile pic, thanks for the updates can't wait to see more....
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

Male Join date : 2014-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:40 pm

I love the eye patch.
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Oh my goodness he is so precious. I love how cuddly he is! Definitely cherish that! Even when we brought ours home the first night he didn't have much interest in snuggling. You seem like you're doing a great job and he looks very at home Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Love your little pirate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grif's Scrapbook   Grif - Grif's Scrapbook - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grif's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next