It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nush
Newborn
Newborn
Nush

Female Join date : 2011-01-09

Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:56 am

I tripped onto this forum quite by accident and, after a bit of poking around and several smiles (and laughs!), I had to join up.

A little info, then Smile

Meko is my second Sibe. I lost my first one of 13 yrs in Sept '10. Her name was Raven and she was my first dog (as an adult), my first Sibe, my first experience of having my heart reflected in the eyes of a dog. I was madly in love with her and horribly devastated when she died. I spent exactly two weeks feeling my heart bleed out before Meko found me and stuffed the gapping hole with her love. She had been left alone in a kennel past 12 weeks of age because her buyer fell through. I never thought I'd ever be able to love a dog like I loved Raven but I've found that each creature creates it's own brand of love, different but still beautiful and just as valuable.

I love Siberians because it's all I know and, frankly, it's all I need to know. I love their attitude, their happy dispositions and their work ethic. I love how they each have such wonderfully unique personalities and behaviors while still being so classically Siberian. I love their talking and excitement and gentle souls despite the masks that hide them. I love how those masks have saved me, often a lone, small woman walking in shady areas, from any approach by unwanted characters. This is a breed noble and goofy in tandem. It's a breed worth loving over and over again.

I'm very lucky to have owned, and still be able to own Siberian Huskies.

Here's my really bad first attempt at making a video of Meko (I will do more and post in video section as time allows Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEX3veKfhI
-Nush

Thanks for this forum and I look forward to learning/sharing more here!
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:04 am

Welcome Meko & Nush! She is absolutely stunning! I am sorry for your loss, have myself experienced the grief & sense of having lost one's self. I am so glad Meko found you & helped you begin to heal!
Here you will find laughter, concern, info & wonderful people! There is no subject left untouched, no joy or sorrow left unshared.

Welcome again. Looking forward to getting to know you both. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nush
Newborn
Newborn
Nush

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:18 am

LOL !!! I love your signature quote!!! Awesome!

And thanks for the message.... When trying to shuffle blindly through those first few weeks without Raven before Meko I read something about grieving for pets. It said that we often feel guilt because we will feel that we didn't grieve as hard for a human close to us and it said that was because our relationships with our pets are uncomplicated, that we often have things we don't like about our human loves but, with a pet... it's about as unconditional as it gets. Thus we hurt more deeply when they die. It made a lot of sense to me as I've never felt something wreck me so hard.

Anyway... thanks! I look forward to gorging on husky stories and pix =)

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 am

What an introduction/greeting...my heart goes out to for your loss but at the same time sings that you and Meko have found each other. Welcome to the forum! I look forward to more wonderful stories, videos and pictures of both of you!

Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 am

I just realized you are in CO. You will find a few others here from Colorado. (Just a few! LOL!) Something about the snow, the mountains & the huskies seem to mix! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:06 am

Welcome Very Happy Sorry for your loss Sad

Meko is very cute! I love you
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:41 am

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:42 am

Lovely intro, really like the movie! Welcome Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 am

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:48 am

Here4thePics wrote:
amykmac wrote:
I just realized you are in CO. You will find a few others here from Colorado. (Just a few! LOL!) Something about the snow, the mountains & the huskies seem to mix! Very Happy

Pretty soon they'll have to rename this the ColoradoHuskyThing.com

Now Jenn has another husky/owner to stalk. affraid

Hee Hee! Now, Len, don't scare her off! Jenn is REALLY a nice person. Really! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

Aw! Love the video and welcome to the forum! I am sorry for your loss as well, but very glad you found Meko and found us!

Jenn will be happy she has another person to recruit for the Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle in Denver Smile There are a LOT of Denver folks on here!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy Smile

Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:48 pm

If you're on Facebook, join the group 'Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle Colorado'. We meet-up once a month at dog parks around Denver and the surrounding areas. I'd love to meet you and Meko in person.

I also try to get together with Jen and/or Kate to take the dogs snowshoeing. I'll sometimes find pet friendly condos at a steal and plan overnight trips with the dogs and go snowshoeing...so if you're interested, holla! Very Happy

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Beautiful introduction! Are you a writer?

I'm so sorry for you loss! I have not expierenced the loss of my very own fur kid and it makes me a bit nervous having 3 senior furkids (1 sibe and 2 cats) in my home but I already know that this forum will be a comforting place to go when the time comes. I hope you will feel the same. Smile

Congrats on the new addition! she is gorgeous! And that movie makes me want to create one for all of mine. I think I may have a new favorite song.
Back to top Go down
Nush
Newborn
Newborn
Nush

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 pm

wow! thanks for the welcome =)

a few thoughts...
my first sibe never lived in much snow so, when i came to CO almost two years ago, i was REALLY surprised at the amount of huskies i saw. i kept raven in cali, mainly, so you can imagine the amount of attention i would get with her! i even took her to a zombie mob crawl in the city of san francisco slathered in blood and, suffice to say, zombie HUSKY was THE star! i'll find a picture....

Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) U_squa10

That was Raven and I... so fun!!

and yes.... already on FB and went to one husky huddle but it was quite a lot of work keeping an eye on my meko (i can't chat people up much at dog parks because i'm still training and puppies, like children, need to be watched IMHO) so, if i met the infamous jenn, i wouldn't know it =/ perhaps next time!

snowshoeing sounds fun as well but i'm in school and doing an internship for cosmetology so... hiking may be more my time-frame but OH! am i looking forward to that this summer!

finally... (did i miss anyone?)... losing a companion after 13 years (or ANY time frame, but 13 is mine) is STILL not an easy thing to handle.... like the person "hereforthepix" said about acting normal... i'd forget to do things like put detergent in the washer and even big things like want to be home.... ever. so, yeah, heavy sh*t.

thanks for all the wonderful words... now let's all make videos!!!

bounce
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 pm

awwww every time I hear of somebody losing their furbaby it really breaks my heart! My oldest is about to turn 5 so im praying that she's with us for many years to come, but I can't bare to think of losing her. She's my princess. I'm so sorry for the pain you went (and are still going through to some extent), but i'm happy that you found Meko. You're right about their love being different. Our 4month old, Kody, is so different than his big sis Mya. Both very unique, sweet, and VERY smart, but different.

Your meko is adorable! and So was Raven (may she RIP). She's always with you though....as your doggie angel. I truly believe in that and know that one day (hopefully very very far away from now) I will too have a furangel.

Welcome Nush!!!! You'll meet lots of awesome people on here with tons of experience and advice!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:04 pm

I love you to that picture. That's all I have to say Smile

Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:07 am

YEAH DENVER!!!!!!! Len why u got to go talking like that about me Wink
Nush, trying to remember you at a meet up but I can't... do u remember my sibs? I hope u will come to the next one at the end of the month. I'm sorry to hear about ur loss but u will never forget her and meko is going to keep u busy. Welcome to our group here!

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 am

Welcome Great Video .. Adorable pups ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)   Greetings from:  Meko & Me (Nush) Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from: Meko & Me (Nush)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1