It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies Empty
PostSubject: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Lol, so I ended up going with this one considering the Iditarod begins in March. I'm sure some of you guys will have some great photos. Chat away!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 6:56 pm

How fun! Too bad I'm usually the only one who is mushing AND can operate the camera. Lol. Looking forward to some fun photos though!

Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 11:47 pm

This is a great idea I am so excited for this.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:58 am

This will be a great one. I already love Mobezilla's pic
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:07 am

My new (and first) sled comes on tuesday. I hope we get some good pictures. Can't wait to see what everyone brews up!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:14 am

Ahhh I got a mushing demo in March but will not have pictures in time. Guess I will use one from last time. Got a couple so I have to decide which one. Might have to come here and post to make the final decision if I get indecisive.

capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:30 am

Great theme! If our meetup this coming Sunday isn't canceled, I might have a pic to submit this time.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Great theme for HOTM.

Usually Bodhi and I skijor in winter.
Unfortunately, the west coast is not having winter this year.
We had snow and cold early in December, but since then- nothing.
There are eight Sno-tel sites on Mt. Hood.
Only two of them are measuring any snow today.

Last weekend, I was skiing in Utah.
Conditions were not good due to lack of snow and warmth.
One day on the lifts, I met a man from Holland who was attending a conference in Salt Lake.
He told me in Holland the canals had not frozen this year.
Nobody could skate, which is the Dutch national pastime.

Alaska has so little snow that the Iditarod start will be in Fairbanks, not Willow (near Anchorage) this year.

I'm hoping this year is just an aberrant, but worried it's a sign of things to come.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:06 pm

I listened to an NPR report (I think it was on "Marketplace") a couple weeks ago that talked about this very topic: the growing effects of climate change on dogsledding, especially in Alaska, where it's such a huge tourist draw each year.

That said, we on the East Coast have gotten more than our share of winter. We're happy to share with anyone who's lacking it!

We're supposed to get a "wintry mix" this Sunday for our sledding/snowshoeing Boston Snow Dogs meetup. The meetup was rescheduled from last Sunday due to bad weather and poor trail conditions. I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have the same issue this Sunday! I really want to have a good pic to submit!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Koda's face though.... I am dying!
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:59 pm

Crap, our meetup tomorrow has been canceled. No sledding pics for me. I'm loving the ones posted so far, though. Lucy, I think you picked the perfect one out of the ones you posted to Okami's scrapbook! I love the look of happiness on both Okami's and your daughter's faces.

Koda made me laugh, too. Either he was possessed or he's just having the time of his life! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 2:51 am

I know his face is crazy. Here are a few more pix from thay day i was debating between
March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies 1C7C8CBC-FD6E-4E6E-87C9-931E2DCBEE71_zpsintn7yik

March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies A71F4DD7-2C86-4EB6-9BA7-5FBD8E46BE6A_zpsghx6ylns

March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies D5393680-402A-48C1-980F-C8AA0AF1CB5D_zpsswu2fbex
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 3:00 am

Your HOTM pic is hilarious. Love the last one here, his eyes just pop with his dark coat color.....happy boy!!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 3:05 am

I am in love with that last one! Koda looks so determined.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:00 am

I love the last one, too! I'm glad you chose to submit the crazy one, though, haha. Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 am

Ha! Koda's face is one of the best derp faces I've seen!

Okami's pic is so pretty, and I love that your daughter is smiling too. It's adorable!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Here is my conundrum would an instagram picture transfer over well or would that be to low of quality? It is only 79Kbs so I am thinking the quality might be low even though it looks good when I save it.

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:33 pm

never hurts to try, but i've used instagram pictures for hotm in the past.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:30 pm

OHHHH my friend sent me the original!!!!! yeah

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies   March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies Empty

Back to top Go down

March HOTM Chat - Mushing Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1