It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Recall Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

food - Recall Information - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 4:48 pm

Why nothing on the very late and very unlear oc raw recall
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 7:32 pm

@lostmaniac, you're going to have to help more than that.  The last OC Raw recall notices I see were in 2018.

I did find a very redacted FDA Warning Letter to OC Raw dated Feb 23, 2022. That's the first time I've even seen an FDA letter redacted as much as this one is.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:17 pm

Yeah the letter was dated February released in march but yeah ive never seen something that redacted or vague. What i was able to pull was that the beef fish and poultry patties were a problem but from there i have no clue other then spider had e coli Thursday and i feed oc raw beef and they do specifically reference the beef harvesting.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Spot and Tango is recalling four lots of its Spot and Tango Unkibble dog food due to potential contamination with Salmonella bacteria.

For full details, please visit this link:

Spot and Tango Dog Food Recall

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 7:16 pm

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is recalling a limited amount of Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat prescription wet dog food due to a labeling error.

Dog Food Advisor

-or-

FDA Link

-or-

Petful

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2023 3:11 pm

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is voluntarily recalling select lots of Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EL Elemental (PPVD EL) prescription dry dog food due to potentially elevated levels of vitamin D.
Vitamin D is an essential nutrient for dogs but high levels can cause health issues, depending on the length of exposure.

Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EL Elemental recalled.

-or-

FDA link

Mar 10, 2923 Nestlé Purina PetCare Company has expanded its voluntary recall of Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EL Elemental (PPVD EL) prescription dry dog food to two additional product lots, which precede the production dates of the previously recalled lots.

For more information see:
DogFoodAdvisor link

-or-

Petful

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 2:54 pm

Since I think some of our folks use the Omega-3 supplements, you might ant to looks at this one. It was a supplier to Stratford, so expect this to keep coming back for a while.

Stratford Care USA, Inc of Odessa, Florida is voluntarily recalling multiple brands of Omega-3 supplements due to potentially elevated levels of vitamin A.

DogFoodAdvisor

-or-

Petful

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 7:51 pm

The U.S Food and Drug Administration has issued two Warning Letters in recent weeks. These are not recalls.  Though based on the letters, I'm not sure I understand why they aren't.

The FDA sent a Warning Letter to Primal Pet Foods, Inc. of Fairfield, California, due to serious safety violations which led to the food being adulterated.

DogFoodAdvisor

-or-

FDA Letter

The second one is for cat food, I found the letter from the FDA interesting.

A Warning Letter has also been issued to Arrow Reliance Inc. of Tukwila, Washington, after Salmonella was found in unopened samples of Natural Selections Antibiotic & Grain-Free Chicken Recipe for Cats and Natural Selections Antibiotic & Grain-Free Turkey Recipe for Cats.

Arrow Reliance has also been warned about the use of peroxyacetic acid (PAA) in its pet food formulas. The FDA deems PAA to be an “unapproved/unsafe animal food additive”, however, Arrow Reliance says it uses the additive as a pathogen mitigation method to reduce the risk of E. coli and Salmonella in its raw pet food formulations.

For more information, please visit this link:

DogFoodAdvisor

-or-

FDA Letter

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 11:42 am

That is really disappointing. People expect more from Primal. They used to be my go-to on trips. I would take their patties along as mid hike food for the dogs because it was easy and balanced instead of just giving them treats to fuel through the long hikes. But I am finding more and more that you have to look out even in the high end brands. Orijen and Acana have really gone down hill since they moved to the states. Canada has higher production standards than the US so a move effectively let them drop their quality.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 12:05 am

@twisterII so you mention orijen and i noticed shadow has been scratching alot lately and i looked at his bag of food and now it doesnt say certified poultry free. No poultry in the ingredients but about to go back to Essence.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 4:00 pm

Canada has tighter production requirements than the US does, so when a company moves from Canada to the US you can about guarantee it's so they can cut costs in production through our more relaxed rules.

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 11:57 am

Lazy Dog Cookie Co. is voluntarily recalling a specific lot of Pup-PIEs products due to a complaint made on Sunday, April 30th, 2023.

What caused the recall?
Lazy Dog Cookie Co. was alerted that a customer had made a complaint on April 30th. The nature of this complaint is unclear.

There have been no confirmed illnesses linked to the ingestion of one of the products in question.

No other Lazy Dog Cookie Co. products are impacted by this recall.

DogFood Advisor

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 12:29 pm

TFP Nutrition of Nacogdoches, Texas, is voluntarily recalling Retriever All Life Stages Mini Chunk Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food due to potential Salmonella contamination.

There have been no confirmed reports of illness as the result of the ingesting this product.

For more details, please visit this link:
TFP Nutrition Issues Voluntary Recall of Retriever Dry Dog Food

I'm not complaining by any stretch but it's been a slow year for recall notices and that's a good thing!!

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 8:20 pm

Blue Ridge Beef has issued a voluntary recall of certain packages of its Breeders Choice Raw Pet Food due to confirmed contamination of Salmonella.

For more information click on:
Petful

-or-

DogFoodAdvisor

-or-

FDA

Last edited by aljones on Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 9:35 am

I'm glad it's been a slow recall year but I still appreciate you posting these up. My email is the absolute pits and never passes the notices through. So far no recall on anything I use but all places seem susceptible from time to time.

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2023 9:39 pm

This was a followup to a recall of Sept 5 which I apparently missed.

Mid America Pet Food has just recalled three lots of Victor Super Premium Dog Food, specifically the Select Beef Meal & Brown Rice Formula, due to Salmonella risks.

For more information click:

Petful

Last edited by aljones on Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2023 2:15 am

Sigh - Victor used to be one that never had a recall. I wonder if they've been bought recently. I feed Victor select senior healthy weight. I'm really not up for another hunt for a suitable food.

@aljones while i almost never comment on your recall posts, I do read every one of your posts. So thank you for for the ongoing information.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 10:32 am

I mix Diamond Naturals Senior in with Kye and Kenzi's food. While no recalls that I've seen I've had supply chain issues getting it sometimes. Seems if there isn't a recall there's a supply chain issue. I've run into supply issues with The Honest Kitchen too which is my main food source. Frustrating.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 3:29 am

Poop, poop, poop! Looks like my bag of food is on the the recall list. The only question i have is before best by date of 10.24 - does it mean just that date or all food with a best by date prior to 10.24
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 11:56 am

So the question had been answered. I buy mine from tractor supply, order online and pick up at store. I got an email from tractor supply saying mine was one on the recall list. Fortunately, they keep a record of my purchases because i have whatever their loyalty card program is, which give me proof of purchase.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 4:06 pm

I'm glad they were able to answer it 'cause you had me wondering. Either could be considered reasonable.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 4:22 pm

Mid America Pet Food of Mount Pleasant, TX is is expanding its voluntary recall from October 30th, 2023 to include additional dog food products, due to potential Salmonella contamination.

As of November 1st, 2023, seven people reported Salmonella infections.

This recall was first initiated after a third-party conducted random sampling and product associated with three lots tested positive for Salmonella.

For full details, please visit this link: Mid America Pet Food Expands Voluntary Recall

This recall is separate from and unrelated to the Mid America Pet Food recall for Salmonella on September 3, 2023 but is an expansion of the Mid America Pet Food recall on October 30th.

Petful has a different type listing ... with more products it seems.

Nope, Victor isn't welcome at my table ... at least not for a long while.  Two recalls of similarly named products in such a short time frame ... I'm confused.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2023 7:10 pm

The Victor recall is all from one plant in North Carolina.

I did notice on this last bag that the product looked different. Usually it's a very uniform product with no crumbs until you get to the bottom. This bag had tons of crumbs right from the top as well as probably at least a third of the crumbs had a different consistency, almost like ground corn but there is no ground corn, just sorghum, in the product. But Ami's poop has still been consistently, appropriately solid. I don't feed any corn product because... Corn in, corn out pudding poop. Not happy about this, Victor had been a very good food for us until now. Hopefully this is a transient issue. Their were 4 contaminated samples, and Victor did find some in their own testing. But. Mid America is now opened by private equity firm. Which, in my mind is a definite black mark against the company.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 3:16 pm

Wow. Just read a Forbes article about the recall. Only 3 of the 7 cases of salmonella from January to August involved Victor dog food. I think the risk from eating romaine lettuce is far worse than the dog food. I always silently wonder when i make salad if it's going to make me sick. Or the soft boiled eggs i eat
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 6:55 pm

We're obviously not reading the same article where this one says "The FDA announced an updated recall of more pet food brands after six kids and one adult fell ill with salmonella, and the CDC believes they were infected by touching the food or containers the food was held in, or touching the saliva or stool of pets who ate the food."

One item that I think needs to be noted is that Victor is only one of the brands that is affected by this recall ... according to the CDC ALL the products from Mid America Pet Food are part of this recall.

One thing I noted was the use of "Poop" and "Stool" when referring to fecal material.  Seems as if the CDC and others are talking down to people who they expect to read their posts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recall Information   food - Recall Information - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recall Information

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next