It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Chicago Owner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
llllGodly
Newborn
Newborn
llllGodly

Male Join date : 2015-12-04

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Hello All!

After spending my entire life in a "allergic" household my wife and I were finally able to get our first puppy!  I grew up with allergic family members that kept me from getting my dream dog (Husky) and now I am a proud Husky owner.

After seeing some breeder prices of the breeds we wanted, we pretty much all but gave up on a breed we'd like and we excited to adopt a puppy from a local shelter, when the in-laws called from southern Texas.  While visiting family in Mexico just over the border was a guy selling Husky puppies out of a truck, we were able to save this little boy from the Texas heat over Thanksgiving weekend, we drove 24 hours down and 21 hours home.  Sputnik slept for 17 hours during the car ride home and got to see his first snow the other morning.

We are told that as of today he is ~8weeks old, he was tipping the scale at exactly 4lbs last Sunday, had his first vet visit weighing in at 5.7lbs last Wednesday.

When we first met
New Chicago Owner 20151110

His first outdoor park experience
New Chicago Owner 20151111

10 hours into the trip home
New Chicago Owner 20151112

At his first vet visit, was asked if he was pomski about 15 times
New Chicago Owner 20151210

EDIT: Please disregard the pig ear/rawhide in image #3. We did not know the risks at the time, we know now Embarassed

Last edited by llllGodly on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Ahhh, what a cutie!! Congrats and welcome to the forum, enjoy him he wont stay small for long and can't wait to see more pics.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 4:04 pm

hi, welcome to the forums. congratulations on you new fur baby; he is very cute they defiantly don't stay small for long. lol.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 5:08 pm

He's like a little bear. So cute. Welcome to the forum!

Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Welcome, your guy is adorable. However, he definitely looks younger than 8 weeks to me. What did you vet say?

It's important because pups that leave their mom before 8 weeks need extra special training to ensure some bad behaviours don't develop as a result of being taken from mom too young and missing out on key socialization (such as bite inhibition) from mom and littermates.
Back to top Go down
llllGodly
Newborn
Newborn
llllGodly

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 5:43 pm

MGoBlue wrote:
Welcome, your guy is adorable. However, he definitely looks younger than 8 weeks to me. What did you vet say?

Our vet says he's a little small for 8 weeks, but is a fairly close estimate. The guy selling the puppies had 5 in total, 3 were gone at 4 weeks. Unfortunately he didn't really care, just wanted money.

We have 1 month until we close on our house and we've been in the parents basement for now. They have a maltese/pap mix that's a little bigger than sputnik, for as long as we can throughout the day we play with both and have been training both (my parents dog is not very well trained). We've noticed a huge improvement on biting and "rough" playing the last couple days. Luckily Sputnik has started out as very nice/sweet puppy, he likes to get close to us and get belly rubs and nap. We also have a 5 year old cat (domestic short hair -tortoise shell) that has taken on that "you being too rough" mom roll with him.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Josh, fyi, stay away from rawhide, pig ears are ok on rare occasions while they are young ( with mine always gave pudding poo), I would opt for cow ears, low in fat, high in protein, and most are quite big so the risk of choking is minimal. They do need something to chew on, and cow ears and raw bones have always been my go to, oh and pizzles. Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
llllGodly
Newborn
Newborn
llllGodly

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:19 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
Josh, fyi, stay away from rawhide

Right after I posted I saw that it was still in the image #3, once we got home we started our research on toys, bones, etc for him and found how bad rawhide's can be, we threw it out right away. He now has a "healthy, gum cleaning" rawhide-ish thing from the vet that he loves chewing on.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:58 pm

What a little cutie!!! Great colouring!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Chicago Owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chicago Owner   New Chicago Owner Empty

Back to top Go down

New Chicago Owner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1