It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Complainer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loganberry
Newborn
Newborn
Loganberry

Female Join date : 2016-03-28

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Complainer   Complainer EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi everyone. More Logan questions. Smile do your dogs ever seem to put up a fuss when you give them a command, especially when they've been acting up? Barking, yodeling? Is that normal?
Also at what age does over exuberant puppy play turn into testing you?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Yes indeedy.  Known for "talking back"  Gotta love em.  lol!

Last edited by amymeme on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loganberry
Newborn
Newborn
Loganberry

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:50 pm

One more thing. Our baby will be born when he's 10 months old. What can I expect from him at that age?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:56 pm

I am not going to even touch this question - I could get myself in so much trouble!

Suffice it to say that when your babies born you should probably expect full diapers!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

Male Join date : 2016-02-08

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:08 pm

I was told by a few Husky owners that around 10 months is the "teenage" years for a husky, when they get much more rebellious and independent. In fact, there are 3-4 huskies on my local kijiji (canadian craigslist) that are all 11 months old. I don't mean to scare you, but from what i have heard starting around 10 months is what makes or breaks your ownership of the pup.

However, our Loki is 17 weeks, and already he has developed quite a personality. He will complain or grumble, and make all sorts of noise. He is getting more and more stubborn, which is why we hired a trainer now. If we have a treat, all commands are fluidly executed and he can learn faster than any dog i have ever seen. But, if you have no treat, he seems to "forget" the command and will complain or just wait for us to give up, which of coarse we do not do. He has quite the personality, as does your pup and a lot of husky pups. Its just what the breed is.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:26 am

At 10 months you basically still have a puppy, in a more grown up body. which means, potentially, they can get into a lot more trouble. Your training of him now, along with keeping him exercised both mentally and physically should dramatically reduce any trouble he may want to get himself into. Huskies are pretty creative when they have to keep themselves busy Wink

With the "complaining" part of this OP, Kohdi just turned 3 and he still gives me full on arguments, lol. To me it's endearing though, this breed just has so much personality!
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:53 am

I might have a slightly different experience since mypup is a mutt but Cora started the teen "years" at 6 months and stopped around 9 and half months and has be really great as of lately.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 11:02 am

Kenzi gives me lip all the time and she's 7. To make matters worse even the cat's doing it now. Brats the lot of them.

The teenage years can start at any moment, which is why it is important that you are always consistent and don't let something "cute" fly when you know it isn't going to be so cute when it's done while your baby is crying needing a diaper change and you have the dishwasher half loaded hanging open. Stay firm, don't let him get away with things because 'you're too tired to deal with it' or 'it's just not worth the trouble right now', and most importantly don't give up because of a little rocky patch. They will get through it and so will you. Just stand your ground when you want them to do something and don't be afraid to enlist help or assign dog duty when you need a break. Just make sure whoever you assign dog duty to knows to stand firm also. The teenage years won't last forever.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 12:17 pm

TwisterII wrote:
Kenzi gives me lip all the time and she's 7. To make matters worse even the cat's doing it now. Brats the lot of them.

The teenage years can start at any moment, which is why it is important that you are always consistent and don't let something "cute" fly when you know it isn't going to be so cute when it's done while your baby is crying needing a diaper change and you have the dishwasher half loaded hanging open. Stay firm, don't let him get away with things because 'you're too tired to deal with it' or 'it's just not worth the trouble right now', and most importantly don't give up because of a little rocky patch. They will get through it and so will you. Just stand your ground when you want them to do something and don't be afraid to enlist help or assign dog duty when you need a break. Just make sure whoever you assign dog duty to knows to stand firm also. The teenage years won't last forever.

Jenn...you make me laugh! Every thing you say, oh so true. Should be a mantra - for puppy parents AND human parents. The dishwasher things? Both Ami and Archer have stuck their snouts in the dishwasher, only to get the rack caught on their tags...and run for the life, rack attached. Ami, in particular, had a spectacular event, silver ware flying, frying pans, crashing, puppy dog with hind legs between his front legs as he attempted to outrun the monster.

Ahh...memories lol!
Back to top Go down
Stefanie Miles
Teenager
Teenager
Stefanie Miles

Female Join date : 2015-10-06

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 3:00 pm

Artemis doesn't say much, unless she really has to pee or she is really hungry. She likes to eat her crate pan, and if I get onto her for that, tell her to stop trying to get on the kitchen table, or tell her to get in the car...she gives me this hateful look. Her ears go way out to the side and she squints her eyes and stares at me. These are sassy dogs, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Loganberry
Newborn
Newborn
Loganberry

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 3:28 pm

"I might have a slightly different experience since mypup is a mutt but Cora started the teen "years" at 6 months and stopped around 9 and half months and has be really great as of lately."

Oh, that would be lovely! We try to set strict rules, and I think really he's a good 3 month old. No food aggression, no pulling on the leash (unless he sees someone coming), and so far he's an expert at sit, come, stay, rollover, high five, and shake. It's jumping up to nip when he's excited and getting on the couch that we have to address. (But today was the first time he obeyed 'down'!) Plus occasional house accidents.
Back to top Go down
Jenah
Puppy
Puppy
Jenah

Female Join date : 2016-03-30

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 3:52 pm

amymeme wrote:

TwisterII wrote:

Jenn...you make me laugh!  Every thing you say, oh so true.  Should be a mantra - for puppy parents AND human parents.  The dishwasher things?  Both Ami and Archer have stuck their snouts in the dishwasher, only to get the rack caught on their tags...and run for the life, rack attached.  Ami, in particular, had a spectacular event, silver ware flying, frying pans, crashing, puppy dog with hind legs between his front legs as he attempted to outrun the monster.

Ahh...memories lol!

This comment about the silverware/dishwasher made me laugh so hard. My boss probably thinks I'm crazy.... laughing at my spreadsheets. (Clearly im working and not reading a husky forum Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Loganberry
Newborn
Newborn
Loganberry

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 3:54 pm

That's funny, Logan is obsessed with the dishwasher too!
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:21 pm

Klaus has been a complainer since day one. You'd think that "no" means speak in this household. He complains the most when it is time for his eye drops. He gets them 2-3 times a day (had surgery in Nov.), and when he sees me with the bottle he woos and woos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Complainer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Complainer   Complainer Empty

Back to top Go down

Complainer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-