It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Orlando!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kae
Newborn
Newborn
Kae

Female Join date : 2016-07-04

Hello from Orlando! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi guys!
First of all I want to say that this is an awesome forum. Our puppy is 7 weeks old, we picked her up yesterday and we've named her Jhera. She slept just fine in her crate yesterday and she's cool with having the crate door closed for a little throughout the day. I know potty pads in the house are the worst thing I could do right now but she hasn't gotten her 12 week shot and I do not have my own yard so potty training has been a little bit of a mess so far. I wanted to get some advice from you all because today she began to pee in her crate without warning me. Maybe this is because the breeder had her and her siblings in a elevated crate where they would go potty and it would fall through to the floor. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Anyway, my boyfriend and I are super excited that she is home and we can't wait to be able to walk, jog, and hike with her. Here are some pics !

Hello from Orlando! Dsc01310
Hello from Orlando! Dsc01312
Hello from Orlando! Dsc01311
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 3:23 pm

hi, welcome to the forums. she is adorable love her mask.
Back to top Go down
Kae
Newborn
Newborn
Kae

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 7:56 am

RedFlashFire05 wrote:
hi, welcome to the forums. she is adorable love her mask.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:23 am

Welcome to the forum! Coming from what sounds like a puppy mill situation with that crate setup you described the breeder having could definitely make potty training out of the crate interesting. Similar to if you were potty training to go out of the house I would take her out of the crate often and place her on the pad then treat and praise for pottying on the pad. Anytime she eats or plays, don't put her in the crate right after, put her on the pad and encourage her to potty. At 7 weeks she's still on an hour to 2 hour potty break schedule.

Newborn
Newborn
Kae

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 12:27 pm

TwisterII wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Coming from what sounds like a puppy mill situation with that crate setup you described the breeder having could definitely make potty training out of the crate interesting. Similar to if you were potty training to go out of the house I would take her out of the crate often and place her on the pad then treat and praise for pottying on the pad. Anytime she eats or plays, don't put her in the crate right after, put her on the pad and encourage her to potty. At 7 weeks she's still on an hour to 2 hour potty break schedule.

The breeder lives 3 hours away from us and because of that, we only went there twice, to choose a pup and to pick her up. The first time we went the pups were inside in a little plastic pool and we saw the mom. When we went to pick her up, I did not see mom and Jhera and her brother were in that elevated crate. My boyfriend and I talked about that and we thought that was weird since we thought the puppies were spending time with their mom like they're supposed to. Jhera apparently had a UTI but I've been giving her water 24/7 since I suspected it and she has had no problems going since then. She squats and goes easily in good amounts and has only has 2 accidents in 2 days, so potty training is going so much better now. I took her to the vet today (for vaccines, deworming and flea tablet) and I let the vet know about the UTI as well and he told me to observe her in case she does it again. The breeder did not give me a health certificate which I did not know they were supposed to give me and the vet let me know that that the breeder was not very responsible and they even told me that the pup was sold illegally bc that certificate is required. The vet told me that I could contact them to let them know that they owe me money since they did not do things the right way but I don't plan on doing that bc I don't want any problems. I'm just relieved that the pup received the treatments she needed and is going fine now.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:55 pm

She is too cute! Love her expression in the third pic, hahaha.

Welcome to the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 5:50 am

She's a cutie pie, good luck with her!

I'm in Orlando too, so when she's old enough for a play date, let me know! My pup is 4, very gentle but loves to play Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.siberiansamoyed.com
Kae
Newborn
Newborn
Kae

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 8:16 am

AnyaLuv wrote:
She's a cutie pie, good luck with her!

I'm in Orlando too, so when she's old enough for a play date, let me know! My pup is 4, very gentle but loves to play Smile

Thanks! Your pup is gorgeous and the play date sounds like fun Smile I'll let you know !
Back to top Go down
Mountain Man
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Dawwwwww muffin!
Back to top Go down
ajguil4d
Newborn
Newborn
ajguil4d

Male Join date : 2016-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 am

She is just too adorable. My wife and I really love her mask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orlando!   Hello from Orlando! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Orlando!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1