It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Puppies, way way overrated!

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Oh no no no no no.... Hopefully we will all learn from your experience ( I now have s very mobile granddaughter and face similar be issues in the house.)

So here I am, Debbie Downer again. Wayne says motor oil in the GI tract is no biggie but if he got any in his lungs, can be death defying. Usually, there will be almost immediate coughing and if there are any problems they'll show up in the first 24-48 hours.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 7:05 pm

thanks for the heads up Amy, he was acting normal. the oil on top of the 5-6 iris heads he ate, he was still pooping normal...

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 9:12 pm

OH no, the iris heads?! Sierra is a bad influence Razz

Is it even possible to get motor oil out of the leashes? I've never known that stuff to come out of anything!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Well we were played.... Everyone meet Finn!

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170514

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170515

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 Image-10

We took him to the vet last Thur and he got a clean bill of health, he is also only 7 months old. He is fitting in just fine in the Bealer household. We have much training a head of us and i can already see a new side of him these last 2 weeks. Wish us luck, i still think puppies are overrated!

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Agreed on the puppies over-rated thing. Maybe really cute when they're tiny, fat and cuddly and you can pick them up and put them where you want. By 7 months, impudent little brats testing the world. And Mom Razz

Happy for you guys, Jenn. Really nice that he fits in so well. Not to mention how handsome he is. Will also give Jack someone who can play hard again (I'm assuming Sierra has to be cautious with her leg issues.)

Dog training is also over-rated. I now see why people pay big bucks to send away for board and train.

So, short answer: enjoy your new boy!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Just watched the videos Jenn, lol. This is how Sofie and Miya play, Miya has a deep voice for a girl, hahahaha, some day I will get a video. I think this is awesome, he is an older puppy so a lot of the hard work is done yes? Like potty training? This actually may make Sierra young again Smile or at least take the pressure off of her so the pup can entertain Jack.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 6:00 pm

I knew it! Once they play, they stay. He fits so well.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm

TwisterII wrote:
I knew it! Once they play, they stay. He fits so well.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyThu May 18, 2017 7:54 pm

How did I miss this thread?

Finn is beautiful!
Great name- one syllable and different from Sierra and Jack.
(When you are being stern with him you can call him "Phineas.")

Seven months can be a good thing- you are halfway through the terrible mouthy brat stage.

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Finn is called many things Wink and yes we use his full name when he is being bad! its fun to have a dog with a full name, can't really shorten Sierra or Jack!
God the mouthy stage is the worst right now, i am not so much a chew toy anymore so that is good. I just need to stop him from chewing on his leash, i have been stopping our walks and looking him dead in the eyes and saying NO as stern as i can to drop it and walk, i think he is getting the idea! other times we play tug of war till he gets the point to drop the leash.

look how little he is next to jack! you can see the chewed leash as well
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170519

Puppy
Puppy
PollyR

Female Join date : 2017-02-06

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Your three are beautiful!  They look so well together with their different shades of red. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I bet most of us had a pretty good idea that *that* was coming, congratulations - belated - on the addition to your pack.

While Sky has never even indicated that she's going to chew on me, she must have razors for teeth! I now have three leashes that she's chewed the clip off of. Once when we were walking and she just turned her head and went "chomp" - I didn't even have time to react before she'd bitten through it!

Jack and Finn look - size wise - like Sky and Avalanche. Avalanche is big and Sky is tiny in comparison (Sasha is really just a little smaller than Avalanche so she is also quite a bit bigger than Sky but she doesn't play well so I don't get to see them beside each other that often.)

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
buffedout
Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

Male Join date : 2017-04-26

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptySat May 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Congratulations...it seemed inevitable.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Congrats! The leash chewing thing, the best thing I ever did was buy a chain leash, she pretty much gave that up right away once she learned that metal wasn't tasty or chewable, switched back to a regular leash after about after month never had that problem again.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm

congratulations on your new fur baby, he is very handsome.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Finn is great but he is also very much a puppy, i now understand why they end up in shelters and rescue at this age, he is an asshole!  I have become even more of a "husky" in his mind and he thinks how he plays with Jack is how he can play with me. He got me Monday morning outside after our walk, the worst he has, and since i was on the phone with the Vet about Jack and could not handle him with one hand. i am glad im not a girly girl and care about marks, i am still upset about how much they hurt.

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170614
this was monday morning

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170613
this is today

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170611
top of my leg

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170615
and he got both calfs

other then grabbing his neck and rolling him, how do you get them to chill when they get over worked up? i have been throwing toys to distract him but i had none near me at the time.

He is also eating things...

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170617
pretty much all the straps on my dog walking pack (has a 15lb weight in it) has been chewed ( i know pick it up off the floor...)

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170616

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170618
and he got our cover when we were sleeping Sad

he has taken to his crate so that is great
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170619

but then he looks all cute and all is forgiven....
A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 20170520

when does puppy hood end......

Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Kye was never a jumper so I got to miss some of the scratching but he is a biter, even as old as he is. He wants to bite my hands when he is wound up. I keep them behind me when possible so he can't grab them. He isn't real bad about grabbing my legs though has tried a couple times. If he goes in for my legs I push him away and stand still. Every time he goes for my legs I keep him pushed back at a distance he can't get them. If he redirects to my hands I will turn his whole body away from me and hold his back so he can't swing until he calms down, then I will throw a toy or something so he goes away. Once he's been brought down out of the excitement he isn't too bad. For the most part if I don't serve to be a fun toy fairly fast he will go pester Kenzi instead. If he likes to sneak attack your legs get a can of canned air for cleaning computers and spray him with it when he goes for your legs. It taught my cat important things about trying to bite my ankles or crawl up my leg while I'm trying to fix supper.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 4:26 am

Archer was terrible with this. First, I wore heavy padded work gloves when he was around. Then any time hee approached, I enforced sit and only key boom face wrestle once he was sitting AND I had the gloves on. Any jumping was met with a turned back with arms close to my chest. Ditto with Ami and the flying leap... Which didn't scratch me up but frequently flattened me face down on the grass. Though b now that I think back..yeah, lots of little bruises on my upper arms where he would grab me.

I'd say this lasted until each was a good 2 or a bit more. To this day, if Archer sees the gloves, he comes running for play. I even left them at his house last fall... They went missing until one day he showed up with them. He's figured he started them somewhere.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Leo was like that up until he was about 2 and a half. he did that when he was over excited, over stimulated or having  one of his tantrums. it he would bite and leave bruises and scratches.

when we were out on walk i would step on the leash and wait for him to calm down but when it happend a home i would have to grab his collar and wait to see if he would calm himself or he got a timeout away from every one for 3-5 min. it took him wail before it clicked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn   A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A week with Ghost~ Now a life with Finn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2