It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

52 weeks of Kay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySun May 14, 2017 11:41 pm

I got my little girl Kay a week ago. It'll be interesting to watch her grow over the next year. Let's see if I can stick to taking a picture every week!

Week 1:

52 weeks of Kay Dsc00410

Week 2:
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00411
She has a scab on her nose and under her eye because she got nipped by a dog at the dog sitters Sad

Last edited by eddycaaa on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptyMon May 15, 2017 11:57 pm

She is a super cute little girl
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptyTue May 16, 2017 12:10 am

My God those eyes..she's adorable Razz
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptyTue May 16, 2017 11:39 am

Very cute. Will be interested to see what her mask does as she ages with that grey between her eyes and the V on her forehead.

Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptyFri May 19, 2017 7:41 pm

she is adorable.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat May 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Thanks everyone! She's turning into the typical husky puppy monster  bounce  
Her [mostly] sweet demeanor and cuteness is what makes it all worth while

TwisterII wrote:
Very cute. Will be interested to see what her mask does as she ages with that grey between her eyes and the V on her forehead.

Me too!

Week 3: 9 weeks old, ~8 lb.
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00412
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: 10 weeks old   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat May 27, 2017 9:58 am

Here she is at 10 weeks. Her growth has accelerated a bit which explains her ravenous appetite! She gained about a pound and a half in the last week which brings her up to 9.6 pound.

Week 4:That black spot on her leg is mud because she's a little pig
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00510
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 11:13 am

Kay gained another pound this week. She's filling out nicely and is growing proportionally. I'm just waiting for her legs to sprout up to that awkward stage where their ears and legs look too long for their bodies Razz

Week 5: 11 weeks old, 10.8 lbs and about 11" tall at the withers
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00511
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 11:45 am

Growing like a weed. My girl has a spot on her tail too.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 12:06 pm

She reminds me a lot of my little girl at that age. If she's anything like Mishka, she may never go through the big ear stage. Mishka didn't go through the long leg stage though, either, lol.

I love her coat. coloring and texture is beautiful...pretty soon the black will start coming in!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 3:24 pm

she looks like she has sprouted, Leo when though that big ear and long leg stages haha. he was so goofy looking.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 12:16 am

Thanks everyone! It always amazes me how fast they grow at this age. She was at the dog sitters for 2 days while we were out of town. She was noticeably bigger when we picked her up!

Week 6: 12 weeks old. This image exudes her sweet personality. I think she is beginning to resemble her father
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00512
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptyTue Jun 13, 2017 8:48 pm

love her mask and those adorable eyes.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Here she is at 13 weeks old, 11.8lbs. She's still a tiny little thing and her dark grey/black has been slow to grow in. She's looking more white overall this week!

Week 7:
52 weeks of Kay 13-wee10
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Wow, she is changing! I just love her eyes, color and shape is just beautiful. Mishka stayed tiny too, the girls should stay pretty small. The black should come in pretty good, and then the lighter colors start diluting it a bit again. The black is most noticeable, to me, when the top part of the rings around the eyes start becoming the headpiece, and then the lighter fur will dilute it again. She's looking so beautiful! Mishka had that same little white line on her forehead, on Mishka it's still there but the fluff kinda hides it.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
Wow, she is changing! I just love her eyes, color and shape is just beautiful. Mishka stayed tiny too, the girls should stay pretty small. The black should come in pretty good, and then the lighter colors start diluting it a bit again. The black is most noticeable, to me, when the top part of the rings around the eyes start becoming the headpiece, and then the lighter fur will dilute it again. She's looking so beautiful! Mishka had that same little white line on her forehead, on Mishka it's still there but the fluff kinda hides it.
Thanks Jimmi! Her mom is only 35lb and dad 50 lb so she will be on the smaller end of breed standard. I can't wait until the black starts to come in Smile My roomate nicknamed her Toasted Marchmallow and jokes that Kay is "pee pee" colored lol
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 12:30 am

Eww, "pee pee colored" is so not cool! LOLOL. Toasted marshmallow sounds pretty though.

Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Kay had a growth spurt this week! She's gained 3.4 pounds (15.2 pounds total)

Week 8: 14 weeks old
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00610

Kay is sitting on her throne. She sits or stands on it to feel bigger than Anya. Sometimes she provokes Anya by barking at her then jumps on her head Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 3:12 pm

This is such a cool picture! I love it!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
This is such a cool picture! I love it!

Thank you Jimmy!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 5:41 pm

nice pic they looks so cool.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Her black is staring to come in a bit more!

Week 9: 15 weeks old
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00611
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 pm

I really like that week 8 picture - sometimes I'm a bit slower to respond - but the juxtaposition of the two is really nice.
Where's that black you say is coming in in the week 9 picture?? Her goggles are black, but that's about all I see that's black.
She is really a very beautiful pup ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 1:49 pm

aljones wrote:
I really like that week 8 picture - sometimes I'm a bit slower to respond - but the juxtaposition of the two is really nice.
Where's that black you say is coming in in the week 9 picture??  Her goggles are black, but that's about all I see that's black.
She is really a very beautiful pup ...

I was saying that her black is coming in more over all at 15 weeks.
Here is a comparison:

8 Weeks:
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00411

14 Weeks:
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00611
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Week 10: 16 weeks old, around 18 lbs
52 weeks of Kay Dsc00612
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

52 weeks of Kay Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   52 weeks of Kay Empty

Back to top Go down

52 weeks of Kay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next