It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My Husky is getting aggressive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blu's mama
Newborn
Newborn
Blu's mama

My Husky is getting aggressive  Empty
PostSubject: My Husky is getting aggressive    My Husky is getting aggressive  EmptyWed May 17, 2017 4:51 am

Hello! My name is Julia and I have a 10 month old husky named Blu. I recently moved him to my sisters house about three weeks ago, because I have decided to move in with her. I'm moving in with her this weekend, but wanted to wait until my semester was over. We both though my entire moving process would be easier if I moved him with her first, since the distance is about 7 hours long. She's a mom of three young boys, and has a four year old golden retriever. When I first took him there their dog, Jagger, did not like Blu at all, and bit him a few times. However, now she says since I have been gone he's gotten very territorial over her and gets angry whenever Jagger comes around. She says Blu has snapped at him when he walks next to my sister, and sometimes gets angry when one of her sons comes around. At first I thought maybe he needed some warming up to do, but she keeps saying that his behavior is becoming mean. When she talks to me about him, I swear she's talking about an entire different dog. Blu has always been so sweet and loving to me and other dogs. He adores my sister, but when she disciplines him he gets angry and chews things up, or uses the restroom in the house. It would be really useful if I could get some advice. I'm hoping he acts better when I move back this weekend.

Thank You,
Julia
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My Husky is getting aggressive    My Husky is getting aggressive  EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:13 am

Blu is heading into his teenaged time where they become brats and push the boundaries of everything and if your sister doesn't mean it or doesn't time it right or lets stuff fly because she's nervous when disciplining him he will take advantage. Especially with a new person essentially that he's never had to listen to before. Some could be her behavior toward him triggering things. If she is nervous or getting that way then he is going to push her harder. She needs to tighten the rope on him, not let him get away with things. How does she usually discipline him? How does she handle the two dogs? She needs to give her dog attention and food first and make Blu wait. Establish herself and the other dog as being there first and that he can't change that by being a brat with a poor attitude. Most of the attitude should pass in a few months until he grows out of being a teen. Until then, treat him like a new puppy and basically start training him all over again.

Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: My Husky is getting aggressive    My Husky is getting aggressive  EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:29 am

Everything Jenn said is spot on.
Keep in mind that Blu just had his/her world turned upside down, and at a very difficult time.
Blu got moved to a new home. Blu lost the person he used to live with. Blu now has to compete with another dog. Blu has all these new people thrust into his/her world. Blu is at an age where he/she will challenge everything.

This is a lot of change all happening at once. Blu is likely lost and confused as to what is going on, and needs a strong, firm set of rules to get established into this new situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Husky is getting aggressive    My Husky is getting aggressive  Empty

Back to top Go down

My Husky is getting aggressive

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1