It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery Empty
PostSubject: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:49 pm

I just wanted to share info on a tool that I believe has worked the best to get hair off of my upholstery. It's the Norwex Rubber Brush. I do not sell Norwex. I just want to share knowledge of this tool. It is designed to use on the Norwex mobs to get the dirt and lint off their anitbac microfiber dry and wet mop pads. No kidding, this is the best tool I have found to date and it is not expensive! It costs $13.99, that's it! My cats like to sit on the tops of my couchs and I can never get their hair off cause they are so embedded. I started using this brush to sweep the hair towards my vacuum hose and it works wonders! I even use this on my curtains since Dakota likes to look out the window all the time. I know they sell rubber brushes in stores, so I don't know if it will work the same as Norwex. If you are having a hard time with the hair on your couch like I do, I think you will love this brush!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:04 pm

If the bristles are rubber, I wonder if it's basically the same as the broom I bought which is supposed to pick up pet hair within carpet fibers? I didn't like the broom, but maybe if I use it as a furniture brush, I'll like more? Smile

Is the brush you're talking about?
Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery Produc10

If so, this is the broom I have:
Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery Ppets-10

I wonder if they do the same thing?

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Yes, that is the brush! I have never tried any other product so I can't compare it. I have compared some of the other Norwex products with "store" products and I have preferred Norwex so I don't know if quality is the issue... Let us know if your rubber broom works on your couch. I'll have to see if I can video tape it when I use it cause you can clearly see it pull the hair out. I was amazed the first time I used it cause I didn't really think it would work.
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:37 am

I use a fine rubber brush like that on the seats of my car, aka the dog mobile. Works like a charm!! Even better if you mist the seat with a little water, first. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 am

They should both work pretty similarly. I have a rubber brush from Walmart that looks like both products that you gals use with the rubber bristles to pick up pet fur. It only cost a few bucks at Walmart and I only bought it based on a recommendation from someone on another husky forum who raved about how well it removed husky fur from their furniture.

So after using it myself, I find myself neutral about the rubber brushes for removing pet fur. While I will admit that mine does work, it doesn't work as well I expected based on what other people say about it. I also noticed that it works better on some materials/fabric than others which I wasn't happy about. For a quick clean up I do like the rubber brush but for a thorough fur cleaning I still need to break out the vacuum.

Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 am

Unfortunately, my vacuum won't do the job on it's own. This brush is the only thing I have found so far that really makes a differnce. It's atleast a cheap alternative if anyone wants to try it on their furniture.
Back to top Go down
tritonsmom
Newborn
Newborn
tritonsmom

Female Join date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:09 pm

If anyone is looking for another option, I swear by Bamboo's FurBuster pet hair remover. It's about $15 at Petco! It looks like a lint remover but instead of tear-off sticky tape, there's a revolving fabric to pick up the hair. On the sides, there is rubber so you can pull the hair up and bunch it up, then swipe with the fabric side and taadaa! It's picked up! you just turn the knob and the hair gets collected in a little container that you can empty when it's full. It has saved my house when I used to have 3 cats living here and now with just Triton.

I hope my description doesn't sound complicated and confusing! Look it up! it's very simple I promise! Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:51 pm

tritonsmom wrote:
If anyone is looking for another option, I swear by Bamboo's FurBuster pet hair remover. It's about $15 at Petco! It looks like a lint remover but instead of tear-off sticky tape, there's a revolving fabric to pick up the hair. On the sides, there is rubber so you can pull the hair up and bunch it up, then swipe with the fabric side and taadaa! It's picked up! you just turn the knob and the hair gets collected in a little container that you can empty when it's full. It has saved my house when I used to have 3 cats living here and now with just Triton.

I hope my description doesn't sound complicated and confusing! Look it up! it's very simple I promise! Smile

yes yes yes! I don't have that particular one, but something similar and boy does it pick up all of the hair! It's actually fun to see it all accumulating..LOL! I use it for more the our bed. Yes, our bed gets FULLLLLLLLLLL of hair! Kody sleeps with us and Mya when she's inthe mood. I wash sheets today and tomorrow...they're covered! I can't tell them to get off though. I'm a wuss...I know Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery   Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery Empty

Back to top Go down

Great inexpensive tool to get hair off of upholstery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1