It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

TOTW Prey dog food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food Empty
PostSubject: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 6:27 pm

We are trying out TOTW Prey.
So far, Bodhi is not as enthusiastic about it compared to TOTW Pacific Stream.
The ingredients look good, but no review yet on Dog Food Advisor.
TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food Img_1010
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 am

I'm loving this food for my two. Sofie has a lot of allergies and this is working really well for her. Miya actually likes fish, lol, she ate Pacific Stream but was never eager to eat it, the Trout wow she loves the stuff. Winner in this house for sure Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 11:45 am

I was thinking about getting some of the Beef formula next. No one around me carries it yet but my feed store can order it for me. I think they will be great for those who feed TOTW and need some rotation. I have been giving pacific stream to mine for almost a year now because Kye is allergic to chicken and it's been the only non-chicken flavor to this point. I'm hoping it will do well as the supplement to their raw.

Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Long term test results:
Bodhi shows no preference for either TOTW Pacific Stream or TOTW Prey.
He is an eager eater.
I've put both out and sometimes he goes first to the Pac Stream, sometimes to the Prey.
But he always finishes the other one after he is done with his first choice.

The only difference I can see is that his bowels are looser with the Prey.
So I'll be sticking with Pacific Stream.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

PostSubject: Re: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Longer term test results.
Bodhi doesn't like Prey.
He won't eat it in the morning.
I feed him 100% pacific Stream then.
At night he will eat it if it's mixed with Pacific Stream.
So when the bag is done, we are going back to Pac Stream full time.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Do you think maybe he doesn't like trout? Mine are getting the angus version some right now and they like it when they get it. Some dogs are picky about flavors. My girl won't eat lamb for some reason. As for stools we had no issue with that when I swapped it in but I think them being mostly raw helped with that.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Ami's crazy about chicken, any shape any form. Loves raw beef bones, won't eat cooked hamburg and not crazy about beef flavored kibbles. Pork , meh. Really doesn't like salmon anything. Wasn't crazy about lamb when I have him that kibble totw for variety. I'd like top go back to totw high prairie for his coat and the protein but the Wegmans Nature chicken is rally good for keeping his weight down. Maybe I'll just add a raw egg most days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOTW Prey dog food   TOTW - TOTW Prey dog food Empty

Back to top Go down

TOTW Prey dog food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1