It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Travel HELP-need suggestions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
meg1995
Puppy
Puppy
meg1995

Female Join date : 2016-09-29

Travel HELP-need suggestions! Empty
PostSubject: Travel HELP-need suggestions!   Travel HELP-need suggestions! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 8:50 pm

hey everyone! My pup Finley is about 9 months old now, and rambunctious as ever. That being said, she rides in my car a lot with me and lately she's become a huge hazard lol. She is overly-excited when we ride, and if the window is down she's manageable, but she loves trying to sit in my lap (which is definitely not good) and she also enjoys screaming in my ear, which gives me anxiety and hurts my eardrums ha. I've tried the pet hammock, seat belts, and even one of those pet barriers (not the metal bars, but the mesh/tough fabric type that goes around headrests) and all of those have pretty much worsened the behavior as she's figured out how to ruin each item or jump over it. I have a mazda 3, aka no trunk area to install one of those metal bar contraptions that would prevent her from jumping the seats. It seems they don't make items like that for regular cars. Crating her is not an option, as my car is too small and she is too big to crate every time we drive, which is multiple times per day. if anyone else has had this issue and solved it PLEASE tell me how. I try to work with her on her behavior, but it's hard when physically driving haha. I'm open to anything!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Travel HELP-need suggestions!   Travel HELP-need suggestions! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 10:41 pm

I use the kurgo harness with a tether going to the child seat anchors on the rear deck under the windshield (husband says its called a hat rack - who knew Razz )

I've seen metal mesh barriers similar to this one for cars:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Pet-Barrier-Vehicle-Dog-Fence-Cage-Gate-Safety-Mesh-Net/391948688976?epid=1500208221&hash=item5b41f65e50:g:PZ4AAOSw-jFaNIjW
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Travel HELP-need suggestions!   Travel HELP-need suggestions! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 10:58 pm

If you don't mind pricey, here's a custom solution (I just guessed the year of your mazda 3)

https://www.travall.com/en-us/mazda/3-5-door-hatchback-bm-2013
Back to top Go down
meg1995
Puppy
Puppy
meg1995

PostSubject: Re: Travel HELP-need suggestions!   Travel HELP-need suggestions! EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 11:51 am

Sadly mine is a sedan, not a hatchback so that second one wouldn't work, even though I would LOVE to have the extra space, ugh. I used to have her in a harness with a seatbelt, but that caused her to whine and yell really loud which was horrible. Then she chewed through the seatbelt lol, crazy girl lol! I just bought a wire mesh on amazon after seeing someone with a sedan rig it to fit behind the front seats. We will see how it goes!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Travel HELP-need suggestions!   Travel HELP-need suggestions! EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Megan - I don't know if you noticed but that site custom makes the barriers to your car model - I just chose that one guessing on your car model.
Back to top Go down
meg1995
Puppy
Puppy
meg1995

PostSubject: Re: Travel HELP-need suggestions!   Travel HELP-need suggestions! EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Whaaaat! I didn't even notice..well luckily the one I ordered came today and it works PERFECTLY! I was soo happy, thank you for sending me that though if this one ends up failing somehow I'm definitely going to check that one out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travel HELP-need suggestions!   Travel HELP-need suggestions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Travel HELP-need suggestions!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1