It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:28 am

Huskyluv wrote:
I don't know if any of you have fed Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboard Creations canned food but that stuff smells divine. I swear one of these days I'm going to have a taste myself it smells so good...and of course the dogs love it.

That got a good LOL out of me!

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Chris,
did we meet you in Pro Bass on Friday?
Back to top Go down
Isabel
Newborn
Newborn
Isabel

Male Join date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Yeah, that was me! Thanks for telling me about the Forum!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:03 pm

I thought that little girl looked familiar Wink I hope you enjoy reading about everyone’s Huskies and learning as well as sharing your stories!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TyphonInc
Puppy
Puppy
TyphonInc

Male Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Presently feeding the kids Nutro Ultra mixed with Blue Buffalo. Next up will be Merrick Cowboy Dinner. I don't believe they should eat the same same same everday, my way of preventing them from possibly missing out on certain micro-nutrients. I try to feed the minimum of 4 star according to:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ with only 4 day work weeks.

What are you paying per lbs for:
Nutro Ultra?
Blue Buffalo?
Merrick Cowboy Dinner?

What were the deciding factors in picking 4 star?
Did you have any issues with your pets with other types of food?
Anything else you are willing to share?
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Hahaha! This is the technical forum. Long windedness is appreciated here!

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
TyphonInc
Puppy
Puppy
TyphonInc

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:43 pm

...YouKnowWho wrote:
Hahaha! This is the technical forum. Long windedness is appreciated here!

I agree I like the long replies.
1$ per pound is the goal I want to stay around also. If only I can find such a discount pet store here in C-bus.

I didn't make a cooralation between lack of corn makes it eligable to be a 4 star brand. Good to know.
I caught myself laughing at at a beniful comercial last night. They were using corn as a selling point for their product.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Oh man. You guys would lynch me if you knew what my dogs eat...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:32 pm

and what do you feed your monsters!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Koda does way better on the grain-free kibble, but he's still eating grass and puking once in a while. Anyone know if that's normal? I'll start a new thread if we think it's worthy enough...

What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TyphonInc
Puppy
Puppy
TyphonInc

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 am

harrise wrote:
Oh man. You guys would lynch me if you knew what my dogs eat...

Get a rope! I'm ready to lynch. lol
Pretty much everyone who has posted has had a stance along the lines of: If your dog is healthy, and enjoys what he is eating then go with it.
So I doubt there will be any lynching, but I'm sure you can read through the post and get more information for yourself as to what you think is a "lynchable" diet prolly could use some alterations.

I recently went from feeding my boy Iams Pro Health Chuncks (1 star) to Canidae Chicken and Rice (4 star) with California Natural (3 star) as treats/supplements. No one "bashed" me for feeding such a low reviewed kibble, but lots of people encouraged me to check stuff out.
Great place to start:
www.dogfoodanalysis.com/
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 am

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TyphonInc
Puppy
Puppy
TyphonInc

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Had a discussion with the town assit. dog warden about Iams last weekend invovling their cruelty to animals in the good name of testing. She cried just thinking about it and vowed never to allow Iams in her office/home again. Go to you tube.com and type in Iams cruelty, be warned have a empty stomach. Another big name high vet recommended food which is really crap stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsOoChqZ8ZE

Are you willing to show us a more credible source? This viral video show animal testing, but in no way (other than the user created title) indicates it is from Iams.

EDIT: Did a little checking myself.
http://www.iamscruelty.com/introduction.asp

The video is from Sinclair Research Center, (Not Iams) and since being pressured in '02 Iams has cut ties to the research center.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myndsplyntur
Puppy
Puppy
myndsplyntur

Female Join date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Koda wrote:
... he's still eating grass and puking once in a while. Anyone know if that's normal?

Roxy does that every so often... eats some grass, then pukes it up... I had heard eating grass is fine, but I also have been worried about the puking part...

We have Roxy on Nutro Max adult formula, seemed a bit better than the Purina One we had been feeding her... since we switched her, she has not been getting sick inside like she was before, and her eating grass / puking decreased dramatically. I'm worried about her poop though, the consistency is usually somewhere between hard and diarrhea, leaning more towards the diarrhea side. She doesn't seem to be feeling badly or anything. I'm just not really sure what "normal" poo is supposed to look like!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:24 pm

normal poo should be hard and shaped, have you tried a grain free food yet? I know a lot of us feed grain free on here because our huskies have grain allergies and their poo always seemed soft. it took us like 4 months of having Jack to realize the issue. we switched him to TOTW grain free and his poo has been great since. check out you "local" pet stores for samples, the only brand petco and petsmart carry is natures balance and I know Jack did not like it that much.
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:10 pm

We are def swithching to a grain free food soon. Been looking into many options
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:16 pm

myndsplyntur wrote:
We have Roxy on Nutro Max adult formula, seemed a bit better than the Purina One we had been feeding her... since we switched her, she has not been getting sick inside like she was before, and her eating grass / puking decreased dramatically. I'm worried about her poop though, the consistency is usually somewhere between hard and diarrhea, leaning more towards the diarrhea side. She doesn't seem to be feeling badly or anything. I'm just not really sure what "normal" poo is supposed to look like!

When we adopted her, our Chihuahua was on Nutro Max and her stools were awful. They were inconsistent but for the most part were extremely soft, smelly and lacking formation.

Like Jenn said, "normal" poo should have formation and be firm. My dogs are on grain free foods and when they were on foods with grain their stools were large, smelly, and would have formation but be semi-soft. Now that they are on grain free, their stools are much smaller, have less odor, and are very firm (and I mean rock solid firm!). My sibe is on Innova Evo and his stools actually come out partially white which I find interesting since generally it's dogs on raw diets that have white stool. Wink

Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 pm

so we bought Roxy Blue Buffalo Wilderness and she LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
myndsplyntur
Puppy
Puppy
myndsplyntur

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:16 pm

Well, we took the Nutro Max back to the petstore (they have 30-day money back guarantee on Nutro w/receipt), and upgraded to Innova Evo (based on the great reviews I saw for it in this forum) Turkey & Chicken formula. She LOVES it - we tried mixing the food to gradually transfer her over, but she wouldn't eat the Nutro anymore. So far, her poo is already looking a little bit more solid, but it's only been a couple days.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Congrats! Koda didn't really like the Evo otherwise I would have stuck with it because I'm so pleased with its ingredients! I'm so glad Roxy likes it Smile I recommend grain-free for any husky owner... crazy how much they love the stuff! Very Happy

What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
myndsplyntur
Puppy
Puppy
myndsplyntur

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm really glad she likes it too... the ingredients are impressive! NOW... I just need to find some coupons for it... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next