It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hey there from IL :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lililynn
Newborn
Newborn

Hey there from IL :D Empty
PostSubject: Hey there from IL :D   Hey there from IL :D EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi there, my name is Shelby-Lynn, although you can call me Lili, I am 20 yrs old and I live in Joliet, IL. I was born and raised in WA state, but recently moved here with my boyfriend. We live in an apartment, saving up to buy a house together. We had been wanting to get a husky for some time, and when I got called up for a new service dog, one was on the list. His name was Kyler and the moment I saw his picture I knew I needed to meet him. Now when they told me he was a 14 mo old husky I figured I knew what I was getting into, being around huskies most of my life. ( I used to work with a rescue) But when I got to the trainer's house, and I walked in, I didn't havea 60 lb dog bouncing all around me. No, I had saw a beautiful boy sitting in the corner of the kitchen, watching me. I was overly suprised about how this dog could be so calm, I mean after all, he is a Husky! So I walked over after saying hello to everyone and talking a bit and sat down about three feet from him, on the floor and waited. It was only seconds before he got up, came over and layed down, placing his head in my lap. I knew he was the one. All other thoughts of a different dog floated away. He had to come home with me, that night. So after driving four hours to meet him and four hours home with him tucked neatly between my feet, I was in pooch heaven. Kyler has been a wonder, he is so good in public. His only bad habit is cats. He doesn't realize that they are infact a lot smaller them him and although they squeak, they are not toys. We are working on that, my poor 4 mo. old kitten Oliver being the test dummy haha. No worries no one gets hurt! But anyway, that is a bit about how I got my special boy. Me? I am crazy, fun, loving, kind, respectful, and usually one of the easiest people to get along with. I hope I can learn a lot here and really get to know some people and their hukies!

- Lili :]
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey there from IL :D   Hey there from IL :D EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Awwww that's a sweet story! He knew you were going to be his new mommy!!! How long have you had Kyler?

Welcome! Can't wait to see pics of your boy!!! =)
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hey there from IL :D   Hey there from IL :D EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Hello Lili and welcome! Such an interesting story, had me wanting to hear more! Hope you'll share pics with us soon!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Hey there from IL :D   Hey there from IL :D EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Welcome Lili! Kyler sounds wonderful! Great story Smile It's lovely how our dogs sometimes choose us and not the other way around Smile

Looking forward to pictures!

Hey there from IL :D Hailey10
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hey there from IL :D   Hey there from IL :D EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 pm

Welcome!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Hey there from IL :D   Hey there from IL :D EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:16 am

Hello Lili. My male Husky is 14 months old also and he has really calmed down a lot over the last few months. My six month old female is another story though.....Hurricane Skyla LOL.. Welcome. The people on this forum are great, and all share the same passion for their dogs. You will learn a lot here. What color is your Husky?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey there from IL :D   Hey there from IL :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey there from IL :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-