It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BGGraham
Newborn
Newborn
BGGraham

Female Join date : 2018-05-11

Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.  Empty
PostSubject: Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.    Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.  EmptyTue May 22, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello! I've been reading through posts on here to decide which food to switch my new fur baby to when we start him on food. I had decided to go with TOTW since I'd seen so many people suggest it and say how well their huskies do on it. However when I went into the store today and started talking with an associate, they suggested Red Ford Naturals. Has any one tried this brand?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.    Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.  EmptyWed May 23, 2018 12:20 am

I don't have any experience with Redford Naturals but DogFoodAdvisor gives it a 4.0 on their 5 point scale while TOTW gets a 4.5

It looks to be slightly cheaper than TOTW; their Chicken and brown rice goes for US$40 for 28 pounds or 1.42 per pound (from Redford) while TOTW Wetlands goes for US$49 for a 30 pound bag or 1.67 per pound (from Chewy.com)

Someone else will chime in @amymeme who's generally much more aware than I am, but from what I see it looks like a toss of the coin.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.    Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.  EmptyWed May 23, 2018 11:58 am

Never heard of it but looking at the ingredients and the analysis it's about the same in carbs and lower in protein than TOTW. But it's not grain free (though might have a grain-free line somewhere) so you will need to assess if grains are a problem for your dog. Not a lot of info out there on it. Somewhat newer brand it seems and possibly made in Kansas. If you are shopping at a Pet Supplies Plus, or whatever it's called, the associate will push it because it's their store brand. But all in all it does seem like it could be decent food. Just not a lot to go on other than ingredient list. Can't tell where they source their ingredients is the bump in the road with that one and still too new to have any recall history to tell how they will be going forward. To me, it's worth a try if price is an issue. It's middle of the road food in my mind falling somewhere between TOTW and their budget food Diamond Naturals. Small step above DN, little larger step below TOTW.

Newborn
Newborn
BGGraham

Female Join date : 2018-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.    Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.  EmptyWed May 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Thank you both for the suggestions. We live in Kansas and I was at Pet Supplies Plus which makes more sense as to why he was pushing it so hard. Its funny because at that specific store it was actually like $1 more than TOTW. I think I'll just stick to TOTW for now, since it seems a little bit more tried and true. I was just curious and want my pup to have the best!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.    Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Ford Naturals Dog Food.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1