It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cris2222
Newborn
Newborn
Cris2222

Puppy - Puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Puppy food   Puppy - Puppy food EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 12:36 am

Hey guys. I just got a new puppy and I am  feeding him with the food in the picture. Do you know if it is good for them? Or if I should change it. He is 10 weeks and only weights 10 pounds. Every how many hours should I feed him? Thank you so much for the help Puppy - Puppy food 3601ba10
Puppy - Puppy food C87c9010
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Puppy - Puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy food   Puppy - Puppy food EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 am

It's an alright food. Runs about mid pack according to dog food advisor. A bit low in protein and high in carbs for my liking but a better food than some out there. A lot of pups do well being fed around 3 times a day then as they get closer to a year you can dial back to twice. They sometimes dial themselves back. It is also easier to answer questions if you ask them in one spot. So either make a new thread like this one, which is totally fine, or tack it into one of your other threads but I wouldn't do both. It's easier to keep track of the answers you get and for us to not give redundant information if we aren't answering the same thing in two spots.

Newborn
Newborn
Cris2222

Puppy - Puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy food   Puppy - Puppy food EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 11:01 am

Is there any other food that could help him grow faster ?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Puppy - Puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy food   Puppy - Puppy food EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am

You don't want him to grow faster. Slow growth is optimal growth. Forced fast growth will cause loose joints and health issues later in life. You want solid balanced nutrition that will allow him to grow at the rate his genetics dictate. Some pups will grow a lot early in life and slow down as they age and others start slow and have a spurt in later months. As long as you are feeding a quality food the pup will grow at the rate he is supposed to.

Newborn
Newborn
Cris2222

Puppy - Puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy food   Puppy - Puppy food EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 1:57 pm

So should I just keep feeding him with that? What I meant was if there is any other kind of food that is better for him than that one. Sorry for all the questions and thank you for the help
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Puppy - Puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy food   Puppy - Puppy food EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 5:31 pm

There are foods out there that are better quality but price may dent your pocket on them. A lot depends on your budget. I'm not sure what Nutro costs. It is listed as a 3.5 star food on dog food advisor which is on par with a lot of the food that many of us here feed for budget reasons. Your top foods are Acana, Merrick, Zignature, Wellness, and Wysong to name a few but they can be really spendy. If your pup is doing well on it and it fits your budget then I wouldn't change. If you can and wish to spend more you can jump up to a higher quality food but you just gotta go with what works for your dog. Some of the higher quality foods are sometimes too rich for a pup's stomach to handle and you will stop getting nicely firmed poops and then you gotta back up. When I feed kibble I tend to feed taste of the wild, though have been bouncing around lately and have fed Sportmix Wholesome, Pure Balance, and will probably be feeding 4Health soon (new job and a move coming so my normal isn't readily available to pick up) But I also feed raw the majority of their meals too.

Puppy - Puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puppy food   Puppy - Puppy food Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1