It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The chase for Mya =\

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

The chase for Mya =\ Empty
PostSubject: The chase for Mya =   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 pm

I was getting ready to leave the house for Mya and Kody's second walk of the day. I normally would walk them separate, but over the past week or so I've been able to take them together. The whole putting collars and leashes on is a bit of mission, but I think I've figured out a process.

Anyways, I put Kody's stuff on and locked him in the TV room while I put Myas on. I get him, grab Mya (who's jumping at the front door as usual), open the door, and let Mya go out first. Next thing I know I have Mya's leash in my hand with Mya bucking it down the street! I dropped Kody's leash closed the door and ran after her! The worst thoughts running through my head (I'm never going to see my baby again or she's going to get hit by car!). Thank god 100's times that my mother in law was getting home at that moment, heard me screaming, called Mya, and she ran to say hi to her! She loves my mother in law. Oh my, I thought my heart was going pop out of my chest!!!

I don't know what happened! I always secure their collars and leashes a few times before leaving. This has never happened before. I'm going straight to the pet store to purchase another leash. Any suggestions on a safe one??? I have a retractable one, but I've always been a little iffy about those. How about if it snaps inside or something? They pull really hard (especially Mya...Kody doesn't have her strength YET).

Not a good experience!!!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm so glad it wasn't more than it was, and you have her back safe and sound.
Did the leash or collar break? If it was the leash, maybe one of those rope-like leashes?
I just bought the EZYDog leashes for Ginger and I really like them. Seems sturdy enough. I bought a couple of the short ones so I can make it short or long. And when I have it long, I can loop the top section together to make it shorter and grab the loop as a second handle.

I looked for a martingale collar and harness for Storm at the pet store today and they don't have his size that I like!!! Now I have to internet search...

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm so glad you got her right back! I've had this happen with both of mine as well. It's very frustrating! It seems to be hard to find a good collar and leash. I just ordered Ezydog as well and so far I love them. They do seem to be better quality.
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Oh, I just need ANY excuse to go shopping for a new collar/leash... but alas, I only have one dog and I have about 5 of each (collars, leashes, harnesses, etc.). I need another like I need a hole in the head.

Anyway, I am just *so* glad you were able to get her back without incident.

Claudia - Check out the Lupine Combo Collar from Backcountry K-9, it's martingale or standard flat, depending on which ring you hook the leash to.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:56 pm

Sierra got away from me before we even started our hike today! Those damn girls giving us heart failure! Glad we both got our babies back!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:06 pm

jbealer wrote:
Sierra got away from me before we even started our hike today! Those damn girls giving us heart failure! Glad we both got our babies back!

It was Jack on the Lost Lake trail, and this time it was Sierra?
I'm glad you got her back!!

I'd have a heart failure if Ginger ever ran away Sad

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Good grief, that's scary! I have one leash that has failed twice now. I can't even figure out how. When I examine the leash and the fastener and the collar and the D-ring EVERYTHING appears to be in working order! I'm done with that leash...

Glad your story had a happy ending!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:24 am

jbealer wrote:

Omg, I'm glad you got Sierra back too! It wasn't a good day for our girls, huh? I thought I was going to pass out...no joke!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 am

Lisa, isn't it the weirdest thing?!! Same exact thing happened to me! I examined the leash, put it back on the collar and yanked all over the place, put it on her and tried that too...nothing. Very weird that I ended up with the leash in my hand scratch

Mindy, they only sell the Ezydog online, huh? I don't believe I've seen them in the petstores. The thing is that I need to purchase one today in order to walk them. I refuse to use the broken/unbroken leash..lol. I already have Mya begging to go for her walk =(

Kate, I have 10000 leashes/collars/harnesses too! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The chase for Mya =\   The chase for Mya =\ Empty

Back to top Go down

The chase for Mya =\

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1